What did you drive on your first date?

My first date was a double date in college with a lovely young lady named Susan, her friend Kathy and a nice guy that Kathy liked. That was in 1978 or 79, I think. We drove my 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with chrome reversed wheels and air shocks. I haven't seen those folks since college...I hope life has treated them well.

• Like 2

My first date was in my Dad's 1966 Chrysler 300 two door hardtop. It was red with a black vinyl roof and a black interior. I LOVED that car. My first date in my OWN car was in my 1968 Plymouth Road Runner coupe. I had gotten it the day of my date and my Dad actually let me take it out on the date with no insurance, yet! I did very well and did NOT get into trouble THAT night with the car. Days later....well....that is a whole bunch of other stories, mostly about street racing in it. Wish I still had that one....

Picture 26345.jpg

Picture 26346.jpg

Picture 26348.jpg

Picture 26350.jpg

Picture 26352.jpg

• Haha 1

On my first date where we were mobile on our own, we took my girlfriend's '82 Trans Am.

The first time that I drove on a date I drove my '75 Camaro.

First date with my late wife I drove my '78 Silver Anniversary L-82 Corvette.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Bought my first car and learned to drive in it when I was 15.  Worked washing dishes at a small restaurant to earn the $40.00 to buy a 1936 Dodge Business cp.  Sure was a fun car but not very handy for a double date LOL.  Great for just my girlfriend and I though.  Lots of great memories from those days.

• Like 1

Well perhaps I’m somewhat kooky in the late 1990’s  I drove my 27 Chev on my first date and I still have her today, the car not the girl.thought about selling it a few years ago but couldn’t we have been through too much together so many great memories

FD37469E-54B6-4F6E-BE84-47B6497EA67E.jpeg

• Like 5

My first date, in my own car was in July, 1966. I had graduated high school in June. My father cosigned for a car loan for a 1963 Chevrolet Impala

convertible. It was Polomar Red, with black interior and top.

On the way home from the dealership, a girl I went to school with was standing on the curb in front of her house. I stopped to show off my 'new' car.

She was waiting for her 1959 Ford that she just bought, to be delivered.

She like my car, and out of the blue, I asked her to a movie that night. We dated for about a year, then went our separate ways.

We stayed in touch, until she passed away in March, 2016.

• Like 1

1965 home from Vietnam , bought a new 65 dart Gt meet a girl . Still have the girl car is long gone . Would like to have the car back Kings32

• Like 1

1956 Corvette. Not my first date car, but the first car that I bought after high school. Met a very special lady in college, that was my first date in this car, and we have been married for 50+ years ever since. 

Scan 132530015.jpg

• Like 3

On 5/20/2019 at 11:12 AM, Xander Wildeisen said:

How does that Meat Loaf song go?:lol:

1884 Pontiac Firebird with T Tops..............sure was an  interesting car.......I then switched over to a Chevy van! 👍

MUCH BETTER!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

My oldest brothers Cuda fastback 383 S triple black. God I miss that car.. I used to detail it for him daily

Similar to this that I found on the web. Might even be the same car... only noticeable difference is that he had all chrome Cragar rims  without the black back drop. 

Cuda .jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, oily rag said:

Four of us went for an island picnic in my leaky 12 ft ceder strip row boat built about 1910 with a beat up 1930s Sea King 2 HP outboard.  

So who bailed? I hope you were atleast gentlemen enough to not make the ladies bail.  Atleast not on the first date. 

I can't remember which was first but I took a couple of ladies for rides in these.  I guess you could call them first dates,  though I was such a gear head I didn't get past the driving part. 

I had the Pink 53 Lincoln prior to the 61 Maroon Tbird but that didn't yield any dates either.  

When I eventually met my wife and we were dating her first ride in an old car was the Tbird.  That was her favorite.  Of course I sold it on her later to buy a 57 Tbird. 

She later told me the key to getting women to go for a ride is you actually had to stop long enough for them to jump in.  

Of course she didn't tell me that secret until after I married her. 

My first real date was with my 97 Chevy 2500 truck.  Took the rest of my dates out in that truck as well until I met my wife that also went on our first date in that. (It was winter so no old cars out)   Of course this was just a dinner date that went no where as it was a  blind date and there was no attraction whatsoever. 

IMG_5999.JPG

IMG_6683.JPG

IMG_6684.JPG

IMG_6685.JPG

• Like 1

Not my first date, but the first date with the girl I eventually married, 1953 Buick.  Second date was with the car in my Avatar.  Still have same car and married to the same girl I met 54 years ago on the 25th of May and married on the 27th of November.  1965 was a wonderful year.