victorialynn2

What did you drive on your first date?

My boyfriend had a Chevy van and he almost tipped it over coming down a steep and curvy mountain road! 😱 He was going too fast. 

• Like 1

Overall, mom’s 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Euro. My first date with my wife, my 1988 S-10 Blazer.  She had a 1988 Grand Am.  

• Like 1

My first date was a double date in college with a lovely young lady named Susan, her friend Kathy and a nice guy that Kathy liked. That was in 1978 or 79, I think. We drove my 1970 Chevelle SS 396 with chrome reversed wheels and air shocks. I haven't seen those folks since college...I hope life has treated them well.

• Like 2

1965 impala SS  --- white with red interior buckets console ---- automatic ---- love to have that back 

• Like 1

1962 Chevy II . 6 cylinder, 3 on the tree. I had bought it for $50.00. This would have been in 1972.

Kevin

• Like 1

1941 mercury convert. Just a used car.........bob

• Like 3

My first date was in my Dad's 1966 Chrysler 300 two door hardtop. It was red with a black vinyl roof and a black interior. I LOVED that car. My first date in my OWN car was in my 1968 Plymouth Road Runner coupe. I had gotten it the day of my date and my Dad actually let me take it out on the date with no insurance, yet! I did very well and did NOT get into trouble THAT night with the car. Days later....well....that is a whole bunch of other stories, mostly about street racing in it. Wish I still had that one....

Picture 26345.jpg

Picture 26346.jpg

Picture 26348.jpg

Picture 26350.jpg

Picture 26352.jpg

• Haha 1

1970 Dodge Challenger conv (only a 318).  Still have it too.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

On my first date where we were mobile on our own, we took my girlfriend's '82 Trans Am.

The first time that I drove on a date I drove my '75 Camaro.

First date with my late wife I drove my '78 Silver Anniversary L-82 Corvette.

Edited by zepher (see edit history)
  • Like 1

1956 Oldsmobile 88 (in 1977). First date to impress was using my Dad's Eldorado. Once I made an impression, further dates were in my somewhat worn Olds!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

My grandmother's 1961 Ford Falcon.

A friend and his date road along too........ :) 

• Like 1

What every dad would give keys too.. drive..

I never owned any cars at 16..  Not sure if I drove the 1976 dodge dart or not..

• Like 1

At age 16 I drove my dad's '41 Chevy to impress my first date who lived 2 blocks away, to take her to the movies 5 blocks away.  Her folks would have nothing of it, sensibly making us walk....

• Like 1

Bought my first car and learned to drive in it when I was 15.  Worked washing dishes at a small restaurant to earn the $40.00 to buy a 1936 Dodge Business cp.  Sure was a fun car but not very handy for a double date LOL.  Great for just my girlfriend and I though.  Lots of great memories from those days.

• Like 1

Not the "first date" but first time I went out with my now wife borrowed my sisters Austin Healey 100/4 in the middle of summer with the heater stuck in the on position! 😰

• Haha 4

1964 Chrysler Windsor (Newport in the US) 4dr sedan - ivory with red interior - it was new and Dad must have had a weak moment. I liked it so much that years later I was able to find one almost like it.

• Like 1

Well perhaps I’m somewhat kooky in the late 1990’s  I drove my 27 Chev on my first date and I still have her today, the car not the girl.thought about selling it a few years ago but couldn’t we have been through too much together so many great memories

FD37469E-54B6-4F6E-BE84-47B6497EA67E.jpeg

• Like 6

My first date, in my own car was in July, 1966. I had graduated high school in June. My father cosigned for a car loan for a 1963 Chevrolet Impala

convertible. It was Polomar Red, with black interior and top.

On the way home from the dealership, a girl I went to school with was standing on the curb in front of her house. I stopped to show off my 'new' car.

She was waiting for her 1959 Ford that she just bought, to be delivered.

She like my car, and out of the blue, I asked her to a movie that night. We dated for about a year, then went our separate ways.

We stayed in touch, until she passed away in March, 2016.

• Like 1

1965 home from Vietnam , bought a new 65 dart Gt meet a girl . Still have the girl car is long gone . Would like to have the car back Kings32

• Like 1

10 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

1971 Honda 500 Cycle

Seems appropriate... you meet the nicest people on a Honda!

• Like 2