zipdang

Members
  • Content Count

    615
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

297 Excellent

1 Follower

About zipdang

  • Rank
    Senior Member

Profile Information

  • Location:
    Radnor, Ohio

Recent Profile Visitors

1,494 profile views
  1. I read the other day that 95% of all Fiats ever made are still on the road – the other 5% made it home. Feel free to insert any make of car you'd like...
  2. I checked the gas first and it was fine. I haven't had any more time to work on it.
  3. I've always loved these cars and yours certainly supports that affection!
  4. I can hear it running already! I had my 2cv out the other day and had to be towed home. It started coughing, missing and backfiring before quitting altogether. I have not had time to work on it yet but a kind soul with a big pick-up truck was happy to pull me home. He thought it was great and took a bunch of pictures. Keep up that progress! It's looking great!
  5. Wow. Flip the negative and see both sides of the car. 😝
  6. Looks like the garbage bag shrink wrap failed.
  7. OK. Take a time-out in the garage. Get dirty. Fix something. You'll feel better.
  8. I was so thrilled to be allowed to drive them, that I didn't get any interior pictures. That, however, could easily be remedied. I've always had some kind of old car and am currently restoring a '59 Fiat 1200 Granluce. Also present is a '67 Fiat 500 Giardiniera and a '57 Citroen 2CV van. Before the flavor of the week went small and foreign, I had a '35 Hupp, '60 LeSabre, '56 Olds, '51 DeSoto and on and on - never more than one at a time until now. This last month my wife and I married off BOTH our daughters, so once we recover from that I should get some garage time.
  9. Actually, I've always had the bug. He and I thought it funny to have the kid 57 and the adult 92!
  10. Is it still considered getting the younger generation involved when that younger generation is 57? If so, then I was the kid today. New friend and longtime AACA member T. Jack Carpenter (92!) invited me over to see his cars today and not only did I see them, he allowed me to drive them. I've had a smile plastered on my face all day! I'm the guy standing outside the cars, Jack is pictured inside the car getting it ready for me. I've never driven anything as old as the '29 or as smooth and classy as the Lincoln. Great day! 1929 Dodge Sport Roadster and a 1941 Lincoln Continental.
  11. This time needs to be remembered for what it is. Not just mattress sales and 3-day weekends. We live today because of all the sacrifices made in the past and those being made daily.
  12. I'll take my understandable 2cv, thank you!😉