What is the story behind your “handle”?

You should be able to piece together the Xander Wildeisen. I have always thought that most problems with the internet would go away, if people had to use their real name, for their user name. Might cut down on a lot of harmful things that are said, and traffic to websites that should never be able to operate. The "Highly Questionable Member" I put there because I am a custom car guy on a classic/restored forum? Why this forum? A lot of very knowledgeable people on here, and that knowledge covers all areas of the auto industry. And it reaches into all corners of the hobby/industry/trade. Growing up in Idaho, we just do not have the type of cars out here that you see on this forum/club. It is a real treat to see pictures of peoples Duesenbergs. Cords, Packards, Stutzs, Pierce Arrows and so on. It is also a good forum to slip in a comment about things related to small businesses within this industry. While this is not the biggest platform to voice an opinion. I think it reaches a lot of the eyes and ears, of people who could do or say something about it. I joined SEMA, and looked at the people running for their board/committee. There are comments about paying attention to small businesses in some of the write ups. A lot of attention should be paid to what people are faced with in this industry. The health and future of your hobby/industry/trade depends on it. You have lost a lot of talent with what goes on. The picture I have right now is of Panzer and his watering bucket. He along with his partner in crime Sadie, guarded the shop. You would have to be wrapped in bacon to be in any danger. Sadie was very smart, but Panzer was very intelligent. I always said "sadie's nose knows, but Panzer knows". He had a lot figured out up there.

phone shots #2 022.jpg

Saidey.jpg

• Like 5

My  Avatar is Moose, he was a rescued mutt and my favorite. I would start any car and he would jump right in, once or twice over a closed door in an open car I had. I miss having him as my copilot when the wife didn’t want to go. I wish I had a picture of him on my phone, but our next dog just turned 12 and is OK with rides but needs a boost even with running boards.

Time does have a way of going by too quickly...

FBD46030-33B4-4F2E-B86E-49634882D411.jpeg

• Like 5

well my handle is pretty simple and self explanatory to any / most football fans :)

I am a Die hard Chicago Bears Fan since around 1980, wee young lad at the time. then the number 315, well that was a pick, since BearsFan was taken, and of course they give you the next available number as an option it was some crazy number in the 100's, so I chose a number, 1, 3 & 5 being my favs, so did 315 !!

been using it for years, however my very first handle back in the early 80's was cbears, as most know everything on a pc had to be under 8 characters, i thought this was simple and self explanatory till everyone thought it meant carebears.... so next round solved that issue :)

• Haha 1

I could have gone with something 007ish of course, but having it on our license plates and getting asked all the time if I'm related to James Bond was enough.  Decided to just use my name since everybody knows me anyway.  Maybe someday I'll make up something different - like Spark Plug Collector, or Sparky, or Fouled in oil, or...

Terry

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Terry Bond said:

I could have gone with something 007ish of course, but having it on our license plates and getting asked all the time if I'm related to James Bond was enough.  Decided to just use my name since everybody knows me anyway.  Maybe someday I'll make up something different - like Spark Plug Collector, or Sparky, or Fouled in oil, or...

Terry

Use running rich.:lol:

• Haha 2

…….and if I DID know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't tell ya......WC is one of my favorites, I could do a 10 minute monologue of his lines and asides (you have to pay attention in his movies, a lot of the best lines are said under his breath)….

My handle should be obvious, when I was younger I apprenticed in upholstery at a well known Virginia restoration shop, after two years there I decided to get back into engineering, my degree.

After retiring, I started doing a "little" trim work, which has now kept me busy "trimming a car" for 6 years.  Time to quit and do my own projects, while there's still a little time left!

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 2

36Hupp, Charter member of the  Hupp club  started in 1970.My  36  Model N in  out  of  a thousand  cars in  our  club, my  1936 N is the  only registered and  running on the  road. Plus its 1 of  21  produced. But  since I  was  gifted with  a 1927  Pierce Arrow  I  may have to change it .

Edited by Hupp36 (see edit history)
  • Like 3

My handle is a purposeful misspelling of the word Zephyr.

I had read that the word zepher, with the 'E' instead of the 'Y' meant troublemaker or miscreant.

I've used it many other places before and after joining this site.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

When I joined AACA and this forum back in 2007 I had just bought a 1963 Buick Riviera so I created my handle and avatar from that. I sold that car a few years later and there have been many more as reflected in my signature but I still check the Riviera ROA forum every day.

DSCF7135.jpg

• Like 3

Growing up in the 50's and 60's and with the last name Dillon, the conversation invariably turned to everyone's then favorite TV Western, Gunsmoke and Marshall Dillon (James Arness). I got "Matt" Dillon often, and a couple of my friends were nick-named Chester. Anyway, the username pays homage to a great TV show. 

• Like 4

Longish story but when I bought my first Dodge PU some of the locals let it be known that the name should be  pronounced with the D and E silent since they were all "Big Dogs". Of course I wanted a vanity plate to razz them all but BIGDOG was already taken hence the BHIGDOG spelling. I've had the plate and used it as a handle ever since. BTW, my current 2500 Cummins diesel is the best truck I've ever owned.......Bob

Edited by Bhigdog (see edit history)
  • Like 2

"Hudsy Wudsy" was the appellation that a very good friend gave my blue '49 Hudson 2dr sedan nearly fifty years ago. He called my car Hudsy Wudsy, not me, but the name holds warm memories for me.  It's an obvious corruption of the Rudyard Kipling rhyme about British troops fighting in the Sudan in the 1890s:

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear

Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair

Fuzzy Wuzzy wasn't fuzzy,

was he?

Far, far more than anyone would ever want to know about this episode of British Colonialism and the history and origin of this brief little rhyme here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuzzy-Wuzzy

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hupp36 said:

36Hupp, Charter member of the  Hupp club  started in 1970.My  36  Model N in  out  of  a thousand  cars in  our  club, my  1936 N is the  only registered and  running on the  road. Plus its 1 of  21  produced. But  since I  was  gifted with  a 1927  Pierce Arrow  I  may have to change it .

Id leave it as Hupp36, PA could also stand for pain in the Ahhh - you get the point...

• Haha 2

58L-Y8 is the model designation for the 1958 Packard sedan, hardtop and station wagon.  Oddly enough, I've never owned one.  Elsewhere on-line, I go by 58L8134 which is the serial number of the last 1958 Packard built, the end of the line.

• Like 2

Like TerryB I wanted something easy for people to figure out who I was and with everything else out on the internet to have a name for and remember ( ebay, passwords for everything, etc.) my location is listed like everyone else so I feel that helps too. Keep it simple , it is about the message not the name for me. Also I won't list the cars/vehicles I have owned that are sold ( in the 55 years I have been collecting cars , who cares what I owned 40 years ago) and won't put the word GONE after it . when I see that it makes me think , Gone where? Did it get lost? 🙄

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

In 1930 Fisher bodies were in tin and my daily driver for 59 years was/is a Pontiac, hence my car became Tinindian.  It seemed appropiate that an AACA handle could/should be Tinindian.

3 minutes ago, Tinindian said:

In 1930 Fisher bodies were in tin and my daily driver for 59 years was/is a Pontiac, hence my car became Tinindian.  It seemed appropiate that an AACA handle could/should be Tinindian.

My first car was a 1951 Pontiac Chieftan which I called a “Tin Indian”.  Your username always makes me smile and think Pontiac.

• Like 1

One night in 2007 sitting at the computer trying to come up with a name for my business I heard a pack of coyotes in the dry wash in the back of the property doing their yelping and caring on.  I said that it sounded like they were laughing, so the name Laughing Coyote came to be.  

• Like 3

Back about 20 years ago my son was signing this Luddite up for the Internet and email and wanted to know what "name" I wanted to be known by. Not knowing, or caring, I said I leave it up to him and promptly ended up as Ozstatman. But what does Ozstatman mean? Well part of that goes back even further because years previousy I'd score his, and his brother and sisters, games of cricket, manage their soccer and basketball teams, etc. At one stage one of the coaches involved asked me to do the "stats" for one of the basketball teams. After that, and being able to demonstrate some mental arithmetic skills which seem to be generally lacking today, I was then labelled Statman! My son thinking he'd use that label for my internet/email found, like others have recounted, that the "name" was already in use. So he applied the suffix Oz(as in Oz-tralia) to statman and lo and behold no one else was using that name.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When I was in my  20's I was travelling around Europe, I sent post cards to friends and family.  I signed them with my initials and OK, to my surprise, no one knew who the post cards were from....lol

• Like 1

Besides having a life long interest in old cars,..  Since I can remember I have also collected antique brewery advertising from Brooklyn, NY where my relatives worked for many of the old breweries in the 40's and 50's.   A hobby that started with my father and continues to today over 40 years later. My Ebay handle since Ebay started as well.

bab bar 004.JPG

• Like 3

My given name is Curtis. An old friend at work nicknamed me Curti.  This was back in the  60's  It stuck. Even my mother called me Curti.   My eBay handle is Curti.  Can't get those short user-ID's  anymore.  There are lots of Curt's and Curtis's  but not many Curti's 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Walt G said:

Also I won't list the cars/vehicles I have owned that are sold ( in the 55 years I have been collecting cars , who cares what I owned 40 years ago) and won't put the word GONE after it . when I see that it makes me think , Gone where? Did it get lost? 🙄

What he said.

WAY to few fingers and toes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The short version is I got a little hurt the last year of the Viet Nam war and couldn't do my regular job for a while, Digger got stuck on me by the guys who thought I had life really easy during my part time foray into an unrelated career field.  The numbers at the end of my handle are my birthday, there were a couple of Diggers here before me and  I went for a number that wouldn't need to be entered again. 

Edited by Digger914 (see edit history)
  • Like 1