victorialynn2

What is the story behind your “handle”?

Posted (edited)

Some of you are obvious. I assume @edinmass is a guy named Ed, who lives in Massachusetts. I think @C Carl is short for Cadillac Carl,  but what about:

@60FlatTop

@auburnseeker

Etc...

Do any of you care to share they story behind your “handle”? Mine is straightforward, my first name and middle name. The “2” is because the first time I used that, back in the 90’s, someone already had it without the number, and there was a “1”, so I tried the next number. 😉

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

Well now, Vic' if you promise not to correct the incorrect spell check, I will show you the Cadillac Carl shirt (😂)

But didn't I already show this before ? 

16F14362-AE62-4720-B3B9-F62503A4CE05.jpeg

145892C6-BC78-4DF7-98CC-74BC0820F4FB.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I need to change it to Edinflorida.  But for the first thirty years it was fine.  Since it’s in my email I figured I would leave it the way it was. 

D2D6E39B-5B31-4F64-BA50-2B4A6EB92A11.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Well now, Vic' if you promise not to correct the incorrect spell check, I will show you the Cadillac Carl shirt (😂)

But didn't I already show this before ? 

16F14362-AE62-4720-B3B9-F62503A4CE05.jpeg

145892C6-BC78-4DF7-98CC-74BC0820F4FB.jpeg

Did I ask this before? It’s possible... my brain is a bit fried recently. 

Mine is self explanatory....

However I would prefer "Tom in Hawaii" instead. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Mine is also self explanatory,  '46 Woodie. Like Tom, I would also like '46 Woodie in Hawaii!

• Haha 1

It's supposed to be funny. By the way the picture is of Barney Oldfield but it does bear a vague resemblance to me.

• Like 1

Nothing too creative. My first two initials are "M" and "C". My last name is Hinson.

• Like 1

Easy to explain for me. First initial, middle name, last initial. Guess I am not the creative type when it comes to handles.

• Like 1

When I joined the Forum I was collecting parts to build a twin to the 1937 Harley Davidson 45 my Dad bought new. Like so many other things I sold to pay kids college bills. 

• Like 1

This is a '60 Flattop.

Batavia5.thumb.JPG.14eb13bba61845aec9ef2881bc318d0e.JPG

Luckily, when I joined in '06 I didn't have this, a Bangle Butt!

1263196901_002(4).thumb.JPG.92168e4b54ca1f66f4f5158c882bcdcd.JPG

• Like 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

I need to change it to Edinflorida.  But for the first thirty years it was fine.  Since it’s in my email I figured I would leave it the way it was.

All these years I thought it was the concatination of your first name, initials and "ass".

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

When I joined the Forum I was collecting parts to build a twin to the 1937 Harley Davidson 45 my Dad bought new. Like so many other things I sold to pay kids college bills. 

I hear you Bob.  

• Like 1

No Vic', don't worry. What I mean is that I seem to remember showing the shirt somewhere else on the forum. It might even have something to do with sidecurtains. Somewhere I have old film pictures. I better find them.    -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 1

The handles seem to run from the obvious to the obscure. 36 D2 Coupe refers to our decades-long restoration project of a 1936 Dodge RS Coupe. I like ones like Rusty's that bring a smile :) 

• Like 1

June 1996 my brother and I took contract programming jobs together in Lowell Mass.   All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.   Alphonse and Andrew conflict so they used the first 2 letters of our names + 6..

• Like 2

My "handle" here is pretty self explanatory & of course not really creative.  I have used a couple others over the years on car forums:

"Brass in Pocket", refers to brass cars & a tune from my favorite band.  Easy to remember...

"OldWorldShepherds" refers to these gals:

FB_IMG_1519002326743.jpg

• Like 3

My handle is a chunky looking beautifully engineered Finish pistol, I've always loved a good piece of mechanical engineering...

Lahti_L-35-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

June 1996 my brother and I took contract programming jobs together in Lowell Mass.   All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.   Alphonse and Andrew conflict so they used the first 2 letters of our names + 6..

Of course it would have techy roots!  😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

My "handle" here is pretty self explanatory & of course not really creative.  I have used a couple others over the years on car forums:

"Brass in Pocket", refers to brass cars & a tune from my favorite band.  Easy to remember...

"OldWorldShepherds" refers to these gals:

FB_IMG_1519002326743.jpg

Steve that cat has guts!

• Haha 2

Brass is Best: I like brass era cars and needed a handle. 

12tr1.jpg

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

Steve that cat has guts!

Ha, all 3 have gone to the rainbow bridge as they say, but Hobbes, aka the Captain was indeed fearless and ran the show.  They were amazingly close!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Ha, all 3 have gone to the rainbow bridge as they say, but Hobbes, aka the Captain was indeed fearless and ran the show.  They were amazingly close!

Steve, Sorry to hear about your friends passing. This was my buddy for 13 years. She loved rides in brass era touring cars and 1930's roadsters. But her favorite car was a 1947 Willys Wagon. She did have a little trouble working the clutch on the 8N though.

cali1.jpg

cali6.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1