What is the story behind your “handle”?

Some of you are obvious. I assume @edinmass is a guy named Ed, who lives in Massachusetts. I think @C Carl is short for Cadillac Carl,  but what about:

@60FlatTop

@auburnseeker

Etc...

Do any of you care to share they story behind your “handle”? Mine is straightforward, my first name and middle name. The “2” is because the first time I used that, back in the 90’s, someone already had it without the number, and there was a “1”, so I tried the next number. 😉

Edited by victorialynn2 (see edit history)

I need to change it to Edinflorida.  But for the first thirty years it was fine.  Since it’s in my email I figured I would leave it the way it was. 

D2D6E39B-5B31-4F64-BA50-2B4A6EB92A11.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, C Carl said:

Well now, Vic' if you promise not to correct the incorrect spell check, I will show you the Cadillac Carl shirt (😂)

But didn't I already show this before ? 

16F14362-AE62-4720-B3B9-F62503A4CE05.jpeg

145892C6-BC78-4DF7-98CC-74BC0820F4FB.jpeg

Did I ask this before? It’s possible... my brain is a bit fried recently. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

I need to change it to Edinflorida.  But for the first thirty years it was fine.  Since it’s in my email I figured I would leave it the way it was.

All these years I thought it was the concatination of your first name, initials and "ass".

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

21 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

When I joined the Forum I was collecting parts to build a twin to the 1937 Harley Davidson 45 my Dad bought new. Like so many other things I sold to pay kids college bills. 

I hear you Bob.  

• Like 3

No Vic', don't worry. What I mean is that I seem to remember showing the shirt somewhere else on the forum. It might even have something to do with sidecurtains. Somewhere I have old film pictures. I better find them.    -   Cadillac Carl 

• Like 2

June 1996 my brother and I took contract programming jobs together in Lowell Mass.   All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.   Alphonse and Andrew conflict so they used the first 2 letters of our names + 6..

• Like 4

My "handle" here is pretty self explanatory & of course not really creative.  I have used a couple others over the years on car forums:

"Brass in Pocket", refers to brass cars & a tune from my favorite band.  Easy to remember...

"OldWorldShepherds" refers to these gals:

FB_IMG_1519002326743.jpg

• Like 5

1 minute ago, alsancle said:

June 1996 my brother and I took contract programming jobs together in Lowell Mass.   All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.   Alphonse and Andrew conflict so they used the first 2 letters of our names + 6..

Of course it would have techy roots!  😆

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

My "handle" here is pretty self explanatory & of course not really creative.  I have used a couple others over the years on car forums:

"Brass in Pocket", refers to brass cars & a tune from my favorite band.  Easy to remember...

"OldWorldShepherds" refers to these gals:

FB_IMG_1519002326743.jpg

Steve that cat has guts!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Brass is Best said:

Steve that cat has guts!

Ha, all 3 have gone to the rainbow bridge as they say, but Hobbes, aka the Captain was indeed fearless and ran the show.  They were amazingly close!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Ha, all 3 have gone to the rainbow bridge as they say, but Hobbes, aka the Captain was indeed fearless and ran the show.  They were amazingly close!

Steve, Sorry to hear about your friends passing. This was my buddy for 13 years. She loved rides in brass era touring cars and 1930's roadsters. But her favorite car was a 1947 Willys Wagon. She did have a little trouble working the clutch on the 8N though.

cali1.jpg

cali6.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

My father told me that our first house was a money pit and I didn’t even get a cool car with it like the movie around the same time... as I’m remembering it was a Lincoln Roadster maybe???

Anyhow, it works for my collection as well and sort of stuck.

• Like 5

31 minutes ago, alsancle said:

All the work was being done on Solaris based computers and standard operating procedure was 8 character usernames.   Typically first letter of first name + 7 characters of last name.

My Wife entered the punch card computer age with her maiden name, Christine Ann Christensen. Life had not always been easy among the card punchers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

All these years I thought it was the concatination of your first name, initials and "ass".

You got it wrong! I was referring to you and  me in the handle, since we are like two peas in a pod.......I couldn’t use the & symbol in the logo.........so “in” substituted for the &, thus in a perfect world it would have been “Ed&Ass”! 👍

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Having owned my 1930 DeSoto CK rumble seat coupe since 1971 and finally completing it about 5 years ago, I figured I could claim this title. It is Canadian and one of 600 total Canadian DeSoto production in 1930IMG_2617.thumb.JPG.af0fba5f9501ac5768b485a9480581b9.JPG

• Like 6

Easy peasy on mine....Those who know me know that I have two 1931 Dodge Brothers coupes. One of them was my first car. One of my other handles (Ebay) is "31dodger". I really must laugh though. Most of the folks who type my name spell it incorrectly even though it is spelled right there.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

"JetSmooth61" because I was born in 1961 and have owned a number of 1961-65 Chevrolets with the "Jet Smooth" ride.  The handle is outdated since I sold the Chevrolets and now own a 1962 Buick Skylark.  I still like the handle and will keep it. 

Edited by JetSmooth61 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

OldCarFudd because I'm an old fudd with old cars.  When I post tour reports to the HCCA website I usually sign off with Gil Fitzhugh the Elder, to distinguish myself from my son, who's also in the hobby.  So I get called Fudd or Elder on tour, and people sometimes respond to one of my posts by calling me GFtE.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, alsancle said:

I mostly agree,  except when you have small dogs that don't like anybody

DON'T touch the Packard!

004.thumb.JPG.7077039a9483840c40b2d782d32b5f87.JPG

Miniature because he is shaped like a miniature Packard?

• Like 5