I sure enough did it now.... Hitched. Love and Marriage, Love and marriage....

Dandy Dave

They go together like a horse and carriage....Yup. Hitched, and not to the Chartreuse Lady. We used her for our Limo. Welcome the new Mrs. Gwynneth Brennan. They say better late than never. June 30th, 2022. We eloped and spent our honeymoon night at Wings Castle in Millbrook NY. Mix an old farm boy like me, and an old farm gal like her, and you could not come up with a better recipie. Dandy Dave!

IMG_4456.JPG

IMG_4521.JPG

IMG_4509.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 34

• Dandy Dave changed the title to I sure enough did it now.... Hitched. Love and Marriage, Love and marriage....

Thanks everyone for all the Congrats. We are settled in Copake, NY on a 311 acer family farm. I met Gwynne over 40 years ago. She use to come the the fence and watch the one lung engine's at the Rhinebeck fair and loved the rock crusher. Always wanted us to keep throwing rocks in it. Old Jim Boice pretty much had the rocks counted and wanted the rocks to last the whole 6 days of the fair. We would slip a few in anyway until he said, That's enough! LOL. 🙃 We also crossed paths at a few tractor & engine shows years ago and remember seeing each other. She finally married and had childern. My son and her son was in Kindergarden together and at the parent's day we met again. She came up to me and said, You use to be at the Rhinebeck fair with the Boice engine display. I said you use to want us to keep putting rocks in the crusher. And we had a good laugh. We kept intouch with each other off and on for years. Often at the Rhinebeck fair. Her 1st husband past about 12 years ago. The gal I was with past away several years ago and Gwynne was there to help me though it. I should have ran off with her 40 years ago. She love's old machinery and antique vehicles and, In the words of Pete Wing, we freely admit it. My wife and I are Horders. 😁 Pete Wing built the Castle we stayed at for our honeymoon. Pete and I were very close friends, and his Wife Toni Ann and His son Charles were our witnesses at the ceremony and were kind enough to let us have a room in the dungen for the night. 😜 Also my good friend and avid car collector, the Rev. Keven F. Cullen preformed the marriage vows and pronounced us man and wife. 🙂 I sure do have a circle of great friends. Dandy Dave!

IMG_4466.JPG

IMG_4462.JPG

IMG_4556.JPG

• Like 5

7 hours ago, rocketraider said:

👫🎉🎆

Congratulations Mr & Mrs!

Ran off like a pair of kids...😏

LOL.. We did not need any PITA relitives putting nothing asunder... 😬😜🙃

• Haha 1

Some antique vehicles at Wings Castle. 1925 Graham Brothers truck I got running and put tires on for Pete years ago. I remember doing a valve job on it also. He would call me every spring when he would put a battery in it and get it running to mow the grass under it. Two turns for choke, and one for go. He would say, it started so fast, It Scared Him. He was going to put a box body on it and sell souvenirs out of it. 

IMG_4527.JPG

IMG_4529.JPG

IMG_4531.JPG

• Like 2

Congratulations. Those rock crushers will catch them like taking a puppy to the beach. My daughter caught her husband with a Buick Roadmaster.

My wife was totally impressed by the rear seat door handles on my '66 Riviera.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Congratulations Dandy Dave and Mrs. Brennan!  Like you I lost my first wife in 2015, Pam lost her husband 10 years ago and we took that walk in January.  Been six months already and we are very happy, we hope many happy years for you too!  Or as I tell folks I am lucky to have found two women who would put up with me and the old cars I come with!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What a wonderful story Dave, and with a storybook ending to this chapter. Wishing you and the Mrs many more chapters full of the same excitement as the first many. I'm sure there is a "made for TV" movie in here somewhere, and I'm sure all your friends here on AACA would gladly donate their cars for period  authenticity, starting with Model T's back when you were a kid!!

• Thanks 1

A BIG CONGRATULATIONS from Central Virginia, Dave!  All the best to you and your new bride!  Will you be attending Hershey this fall as newlyweds?  Greg

• Thanks 1