Got a caption for this photo? (Car Humor)

Lebowski

2 hours ago, Lebowski said:

It's the first movie I remember seeing in a theater and is still one of my all-time favorites.... :)

I agree. If I'm ever feeling down about anything big or small, I can put that DVD in and smile for the next couple of hours.

Cool flying '57 Ford photo, by the way. It would be even cooler to see it "landing." 😄

Edit: Hey, that would make a decent caption...."Clear for landing on runway #3...over."

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to Got a caption for this photo? (Car Humor)

"Those revenuers' chevies can't do this!"  (a reference to Thunder Road (1958) in which moonshine transporter Lucas Doolin (Robert Mitchum) in a 57 Ford is chased by federal agent Troy Barrett (Gene Barry) in a 57 Chev)

On 10/3/2020 at 9:05 AM, Lebowski said:

This movie came out in 1963 when I was 11. It's the first movie I remember seeing in a theater and is still one of my all-time favorites.... :)

It was also Harry Snyder’s favorite movie too. Every In-N-Out location I’ve looked closely at has palm trees, sometimes fake, often crossed, as a reference to that movie.