Show us Your Yellow Car for Easter

3macboys

This is brought on by the thread about the yellow Packard and the general disdain for the colour yellow.  Generally, I agree that most cars don't look great in yellow and it definitely has to be the right shade.  Here's my 66 Coronet - the picture is a bit washed out by the bright sun but I thought that the 64 D300 kind of went with the Easter theme.

20210513_170450 (2).jpg

• Like 8

I know I posted the TR in Al's thread but the most yellow car we have had and would be my #1 color choice if we ever buy another TR.

The Packard looks more cream on a cloudy day, the yellow really comes out more in sunshine.  

Happy Easter & Passover friends! 😊

59447.jpeg

FB_IMG_1675634500264.jpg

• Like 7

Here is our car in the foreground next to a 39 110, you can see that the shade on the 39 is more yellow, but having seen that car in person it does look good on it also. 

I cannot say for sure on the 39, but the color on ours is the correct Miami Sand for Packard for 1940.

received_2467940096695682.jpeg

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I had a real nice 1970 Oldsmobile 98 two door hardtop, light yellow with a tan vinyl top as a daily driver. Sorry the car is gone and I can't share a picture. I didn't care for the color when I bought it but It certainly did grow on me. I bought it from the original owner with 90,000 miles on it. The original owner sold it to me as he thought it had too many miles on it and he didn't trust it. After a week, I determined that it was just broke in. It became my main driver for almost a decade and finally went away with 250,000 miles and several fun filled trips to the west coast. I didn't like the fuel consumption, but the Olds 455 was a very good engine. Sorry for no picture. If I can find one I will post.

Al

• Like 1

I've only had a few yellow cars, the 1st one I ordered new in 69 and specified "Meadowlark Yellow". The 2nd one (Mustang) I bought used but it was the correct factory color. Looked just a bit brighter than my 69 Fairlane Cobra, but may not have been as there were several years between owning them and "things change", lol ! The 3rd one was a Mercury Comet we put a lot of trouble free miles on, number 4 was a gorgeous 63 1/2 Galaxie that we loved and stupidly let someone  talk us out of, and the 5th was a Datsun 1600 parts car. Probably don't count, lol.

my 69 Cobra.jpg

Cobra in Azle.jpg

65 stang 6 cyl.jpg

merc comet.jpg

ms lilly.jpg

DatsunJunk1.JPG

• Like 4

My 1923 Model R Hupmobile. Have had it quite a while and it was restored and painted by the previous owner. It has been a very reliable and fun car and was way cheaper than any I have restored myself!

hupp.JPG

• Like 9

Our 1970 Volvo 144 -- in my family since new (we're of Swedish heritage).  Color is Volvo no. 100 - "yellow."  Unrestored, just maintained through the years -- original paint, interior, etc.  These cars are rock-solid, with some used in long-distance endurance rallies.  This one just gets out to west coast Volvo meets.  

IMG_1176.jpeg

• Like 6

AshleyMefront3-4viewcroppedbetter.jpg.1f2a5405a9920b8f51a37758c198b91b.jpg

• Like 10

Over my years and quite a few cars, both modern and antique, I have had two yellow cars. Not the best of antiques, although one of them took me to numerous antique automobile and related events. Both were model T speedsters. 

Car number 20 I had for many years, and drove probably twenty thousand miles or more! With era correct overdrive, and mostly stock engine it would cruise comfortably at nearly 70 mph all day long! It took me on a model T club National tour, many Endurance Runs, and more local club outings and friendly runs than I can count! It took me to club campouts, up to the snow a few times, and at least a dozen silent movie nights!

In the picture, about forty years ago, my wife and I are getting ready for her first Endurance Run!

The other car, number 3, was one I had for a short time many years later. Of the six model T speedsters I have had, it was my least favorite. For a variety of reasons. It did take me on one Endurance Run, and some other outings. It ran great, was fairly quick for a totally stock driveline, and seemed to be quite reliable. If I hadn't needed the money at the time, I could have enjoyed it for years.

scan0001 (3).jpg

IMG_2815.JPG

• Like 5

My son owns the the 53 Chevy 150 on the left that has been in the family since new, certified HPOF, The only restored was the chrome back around 25 years ago (it was real nasty) and the wheels were painted. The 54 Belair is mine. This photo was taken last year outside Charlottesville Virginia last fall.

Happy a Happy Holiday Everyone, and safe travels. I'm down here again visiting for the holiday (with out the car)

IMG_7965.JPG

IMG_7967.JPG

• Like 4

My only "yellow" car is a cream color, which counts

only partially.  But here are a few cars--not mine--

that I admired, and whose pictures I saved from the internet.

Some cars look good in yellow, and I think these do.  Do you?

A 1950 Studebaker convertible:

1950 Studebaker Champion conv 5.jpg

A 1957 Buick Century convertible:

1957 Buick Century conv-yellow 1.jpg

A 1958 Buick Roadmaster convertible:

1958 Buick Roadm conv1.jpg

A 1969 Imperial 2-door hardtop:

1969 Imperial coupe yellow 1.jpg

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1