I wanted to make my Locomobile a nice running and as strong a performer as possible without throwing tons of money or majorly altering the car. Yes, a very typical "improvement" is to lighten the flywheel to improve performance, which we did. I do not have the figures, for weight reduction, right in front of me but we only removed what was needed in order to facilitate the addition of the nice cast aluminum oil pump bracket. This unit required a bit of room taken up by the inner flange of the flywheel. Now when running, the engine is very responsive and the Delco dual spark distributor makes for a very good smooth running engine, and none the less, a significant reliability improvement. (The Stutz Bearcat used the same type distributor and we know how they perform). For authenticity, I incorporated the oil distribution plumbing with the original oiler and left it in place. It certainly does look nice to have the oiler in place. As mentioned, with the engine chat earlier, the oil pump discharge pressure is adjustable. When we started the engine initially, the pump was trying to put out 50 PSI. At that pressure the drive was working way hard (would have caused premature gear wear) and I do not feel that 50 PSI is needed. We backed off the PSI setting to run at 25 PSI. For this car I will probably run a pressure gauge under the hood somewhere and on the dash will simply use the original site glass that only shows flow. The fueling system that I am building will allow me to have a pressure system to keep fuel to the carb. under all conditions. The fueling system, I have designed, is an accurate to the era improvement but not original to my car. Most fellows hide an electric fuel pump somewhere to solve the fueling issue. I chose to use an original technology and am actually quite impressed with it. I hope that I have addressed your question per above.