Did you get anything car related for Christmas?

CChinn

The Pearl of the East!

A very special car indeed.  The first Rolls Royce ever brought to India by trader Frank Norbury.  The car set many records and was quite famous in it's heyday.  Sadly lost to the sands of time.

Yep, got two Hot Wheels cars, a Mustang Tee Shirt, a 20 dollar bill which I will probably spend on car stuff, and a hardback book about Motor Scooters...... OK, OK, a scooter isn't a car, but I've nearly got hit by cars MANY times on mine, doesn't that count ?  Ha ha !!!  Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have a ...hopefully.... covid-less New Year.

• Like 3

My brother got me three new display cases for my model builds... something I desperately needed. As it turns out I only filled one and a half of them, but I finished 166 this year so if I keep that pace I'll need more by next year.

As you can tell, NASCAR is my main building focus.

IMG_20211225_165710398.jpg

• Like 8

I got a bottle of Tap Magic for Christmas!

There is nothing like taping a hole with ease knowing that braking a tap is not the biggest problem that will happen today.

Thy it! you won't believe how easy it is to turn a tap.

• Like 2

Shirts from the National Corvette museum, a motorcycle one from American Pickers store in Nashville and a 2021 Laguna Seca t shirt and of course a few matchbox 1/64 cars.  On the other side, gave my son several new hand tools for his collection.  No hats this year as I’m running out of places to put them.

• Like 3

From me to me . 1924 automobile illustrated book for kids ( define kids - am I still one when it comes to this kind of stuff? Aren't we all?) BUT the illustrations are first rate, I was very impressed. 24 pages 10 x 12 inches on a heavy card stock with a linen like surface texture. Published by Samuel L. Gabriel & Sons, NY. Outstanding water color images. One seems to be photo based, the rest not. Shows cars and commercial vehicles. One caption says "Willie was glad when he was once again in Uncle George's Limousine car., driving toward home. He fell asleep on the soft cushions and dreamed about the many cars he would have when he grew up to be a man."  How many of you are grinning/smiling after reading that?

Automobilebook1924colorkids.jpg

• Like 7

I was pleasantly surprised with some tin signs garage art. My wife is not into cars and we usually dont even give each other presents so it really was a surprise. I just bought a new package shelf for my resto in progress and it arrived on the 23 so I called it the gift to myself.

• Like 2

Santa brought the new book about classic speedsters, written by Ronn Sieber, the producer of the Classic Speedsters website. A beautifully produced book that you can preview at the website. 

Second, I wanted a train horn for my car, I used to see these offered in the J.C. Whitney catalog for years!  I plan on setting up the horn on a piece of plywood before I try it out on the car. It might seem kind of hokey, but I've been intrigued by these for a long time.

Ronn-Sieber-Classic-Speedsters-dust-jacket-COVER-CROPPED-1.jpg

download.png

• Like 5

Couple of 4' LED lights for the shop, so I can see to work on my cars! The florescents in there now, been on all day and still have not lit up! :) Only 30f here in Portland Oregon.

• Like 2

My daughter is in grad school in Paris, and my wife went and spent a week with her right before Christmas.  They picked up these two serialized prints and brought them back. The book was from my son as a Christmas present, and the Standard Oil Sign was from Santa (me). 59E19FC7-1D69-4141-B0C2-240AF6A3649B.jpeg.3651058e5ad6b65b5e20d9b9a760be45.jpeg90B70491-C705-4A08-8AD4-8518F0B0FBC9.jpeg.5cf49fc3b0c66a7bfe75a5d3c495885f.jpeg1BBD8657-3B82-42CF-886B-AD6CFDC2D655.jpeg.15821c119aa3acf00d5a33ce2334c408.jpeg13CF38E5-8120-4641-828E-1CAA8E891793.jpeg.07c174ac7e6c33b432d43feebd4c0544.jpeg

• Like 6

This one was too big to wrap so it was an earlier than Christmas addition to my collection of artwork. It came from an antique/art gallery in the mid-west.  The lithograph is by Hamilton King, noted illustrator of all those pretty Coca-Cola ladies on the early calendars and serving trays.  This print is 1911 and is one of only a very few automotive related illustrations he ever did.  It's quite large and nicely framed.  A real prize.  Now to rearrange some things on a wall to squeeze it in.

Terry

Ladies drivlng by Hamilton King.jpg

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Terry Bond said:

This one was too big to wrap so it was an earlier than Christmas addition to my collection of artwork. It came from an antique/art gallery in the mid-west.  The lithograph is by Hamilton King, noted illustrator of all those pretty Coca-Cola ladies on the early calendars and serving trays.  This print is 1911 and is one of only a very few automotive related illustrations he ever did.  It's quite large and nicely framed.  A real prize.  Now to rearrange some things on a wall to squeeze it in.

Terry

Ladies drivlng by Hamilton King.jpg

Terry, I think I need a pair of racing goggles. And then I think I need a car to justify them.

• Haha 1

I received a Detroit Lubricator carburetor Model 51 for a 1934/1935 V8 Cadillac for my main Christmas gift. These are fairly rare, so I am thrilled to have it. It has been cleaned up nicely by the former owner, but it obviously needs work as the kicker screw and the throttle stop settings are wrong and the throttle linkage does not work smoothly. At the moment, I am reviewing the (sparse) literature on them. I have already gotten some good tips from reading various threads in the AACA forums.

Phil

852776665_DetroitLubricator.png.e00f3be66954484d40c9208ade4985da.png

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Laughing Coyote said:

I didn't know Pontiac made it in a coupe.  Did it comm with a bigger engine like all the other GXP models that Pontiac made? 

It’s the 2.0 turbo (mine has the GM Performance Parts added tune also)-rated at 290/320.  It’s actually smaller than the standard non-turbo 2.4 engine, but obviously has way more power.  Pontiac made 871 GXP Coupes (1266 total) before shutting down.  Here is mine.  It has a portable black soft top-shown also.

F12F6519-D262-4E13-9713-40AA8AAB36D1.jpeg

E7AF00D3-D192-4F19-BE22-414860AE835F.jpeg

Edited by 39BuickEight (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Do tools count? Since I use them to fix cars daily with? Lol. I got lots of those for Christmas. No car parts or cars or anything though because I own 8 cars so nobody will get me another haha. I did get a sign from my parents that says my garage my rules. Thing is I don’t have a garage at home unfortunately so I’m going to hang it in my room somewhere. 

• Like 3

I got a new Jasper transmission for our 384,xxx-mile 2000 Ford 7.3L Diesel Excursion-

It replaces the damaged and out-of-warranty one an AAMCO shop in South Jersey installed during an AACA Divisional Tour, years ago.

Good to Go, once again !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)