Congrats to Keiser31

ArticiferTom

Wow, that's an inedible amount of post-its, whish I had that many ….

(just trying to get my numbers up, sheesh, only have 20,000 some odd posts to go!

Well done, great posts.  What do they say about college, a font Fount thank you of knowledge where kids go to drink?!?!

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Fount of knowledge vs font of knowledge. ... A fountain, of course, is the source of a desirable entity (water) and this inspired the figurative use of a fount of knowledge. A font, on the other hand, is the receptacle used for holding water for baptism – which would collocate with the idea of wisdom being imparted.

Both being important and both represent our friend Keiser31.

Congratulations John -

That is a genuine milestone,

and appreciated by so many of us-

Fount or Font - either way, WAAAY better than the cesspool (sometimes found from others on other FORUMS)

Oh, just realized I passed 4,500 posts

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, trimacar said:

Wow, that's an inedible amount of post-its, whish I had that many ….

(just trying to get my numbers up, sheesh, only have 20,000 some odd posts to go!

Well done, great posts.  What do they say about college, a font of knowledge where kids go to drink?!?!

Apparently if you post tree times in  3 seconds, your count remains the same, at 7346.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, nick8086 said:

From Jake in Ne- Congratulations ..

IMG_8732.JPG

That is a seriously beautiful room. 

Oh yeah: congrats Keiser and thanks for the knowledge, insight, and just as importantly time you have put in. 

Edited by gossp
Spelling fix... I got kaiser from someone else’s post! Thanks again Keiser (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations and best regards to John on this major milestone, with profound thanks for his sharing of his encyclopedic (trimacar, you would spell it encyclopaedic) knowledge with all of us.  John also chased down and bought for me --and held till I could pick it up--a delightful Egyptian-motif radiator cap/ornament which has a slender Naked Lady in place of a Motometer--thank you, John!!!  Even more, we didn't get to his home until about 10:30 PM and he still treated us like royalty with coffee and a delightful dessert!  What a great guy!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, knee-action said:

30,000 posts and a milion dollars worth of information. Thank you Keiser.

Wife's always nagg'in me to figure out how to make this pay......  She always says "Remember to tip your waiter".

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

In the relatively short time that I've been sitting in on this forum, a few things have become readily apparent. While some of us may talk, some may argue, and some just listen, but when Jon talks everyone listens. I would include a few others, but I consider him the leader. I'm sure he doesn't think of himself as the leader, but he is just the same. In sports circles it's called leading by example. Thank's Jon.

Bill

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, DLynskey said:

If a picture is worth 1,000 words, how many words would that represent? 

Congratulations and keep them coming.

Don

Only 30 pictures ? Oh, I would have to figure how many words per post.

I don't want to confuse myself.

Thanks John for all you do and for being my friend.

1 minute ago, JACK M said:

Only 30 pictures ? Oh, I would have to figure how many words per post.

I don't want to confuse myself.

Thanks John for all you do and for being my friend.

Any old time, Jack!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Congratulations Keizer after all of that typing I hope you look better than this kaiser 

7784220A-889E-4E96-B0B5-8D47A5A973AA.jpeg

5D85B7CF-24CE-4B68-9E7C-C0E11CA8AEBC.jpeg

Well....I DO have a few dents, scrapes and faded paint, but luckily, no eyes poked out like THAT Kaiser.

• Like 1