What antique car did you drive or ride in today?

Dandy Dave

I helped fix an oil gage and checked out the charging system in this beautiful old Franklin. It is a very original car. Even the paint is about 70 percent original. Then we took it for lunch.

IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6094.JPG

IMG_6095.JPG

• Like 15

I guess the closest I can say is my 01 HD roadking, LOL. We came out of the rest. and there was a brand new HD parked beside mine. I knew my bike was old but now it looks like an antique compared to a new one with all of the electronic crap, large display screen etc. My wife commented about how shiny and clean it was (my bike is matte black) I replied that yes it was nice and shiny but I have zero interest in a new bike, especially one with so much fancy tech crap. She said, 'spoken like a true old man'. I took that as a compliment 😁

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Well, being 6 am here in the West Coast “today” and I’m just finishing breakfast, I haven’t had a chance to drive or ride in any car/vehicle yet…

• Like 1

Drove up to Petersburg Va this morning for the Moss Motors festival

Nice day for a run in the MGB

13 cars from our local club joined the fun.

20230722_103759.jpg

20230722_103631.jpg

20230722_103554.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 7

Looks like a fun day Terry, not trying to jinx the outing but I hope those cloudy sky's clear up and that they stay to the south. A few hours north nothing but clear blue and no humidity for a change. Def plan on taking the 'antique' out for some kind of a jaunt today!

• Like 1

I went for a spin this morning in my 1940 Chevrolet  Master 85. I had to get out early because it's so hot here in Mississippi that it's just plain miserable after noon. It needs to be painted,but it's just too hot to work on it.

'40 Chevy Master 85 011.jpg

'40 Chevy Master 85 010.jpg

'40 Chevy Master 85 004.jpg

'40 Chevy Master 85 007.jpg

• Like 7

I had the "Edgy" styles out today. One 59 year old and the other 18. Quite complementary for the 40 year age difference.

117" vs 116.4 wheelbases

325 vs 320 HP

Each nominally 4,000 pounds'

Both RWD with longitudinal engine.

The Riviera pulls strong with a smooth luxury feel. The Caddy was intended to be a BMW 5 Series. But when I get out and play I just can't stop thinking hopped up '55 Chevy. If I had to put quarters in it to go I'd be playing A11 every time.

IMG_0357.JPG.d517d4ae22f3c0d5d78918b27a96a49f.JPG

• Like 3

10 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Looks like a fun day Terry, not trying to jinx the outing but I hope those cloudy sky's clear up and that they stay to the south. A few hours north nothing but clear blue and no humidity for a change. Def plan on taking the 'antique' out for some kind of a jaunt today!

It was a great day.  Slightly overcast skies kept temps moderate.  There was a light breeze too.  One of the nicest days we've had in quite a while.  A group of us stopped for BBQ on the way home and raided an antique shop next door.  This was one of those events where I get to sit by the car and visit with folks.  Most enjoyable.

Terry

• Like 1

What did I drive Friday? Mostly all work related……

1936 Duesenberg JN

1935 Auburn 851 SC

2003 Ford Focus

2018 Bentley Flying Spur V-12

2018 Toyota Prius

2003 Buick Centery

• Like 2

Went out for a ride in my 1937 Packard Super 8 Formal Sedan but forgot my phone!! So no pictures of the places I went. I had to settle for a picture after I got home! I will try to remember next time to bring my phone..try to remember. 

IMG_9219.jpeg

• Like 10

We are in the midst of the hellish Texas summer but I got up early this morning to find a "cold front" had passed over and it was sunny and about 70 degrees. I got the '60 Buick out, put some gas in it and had a very nice windows down drive. Then back in the garage before the 100s hit again tomorrow!

221723866_4493345747363441_8801293226924358444_n.jpg

• Like 12

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

What did I drive Friday? Mostly all work related……

1936 Duesenberg JN

1935 Auburn 851 SC

2003 Ford Focus

2018 Bentley Flying Spur V-12

2018 Toyota Prius

2003 Buick Centery

Wow, a PRIUS?   Ed, that's awesome. Good for you.

• Haha 4

16 hours ago, V16 said:

Today we were driving this 1918 Pierce 48 dual valve around Columbus, Indiana. We were at the CCCA Grand, Classic.

IMG_5456.jpeg

Looks good!

• Like 3

They changed my job to only one night most weeks, so I don't take the motor home as often.

It's an hour and a half each way, I hit the road in the heat of the day and head back around midnight.

The slant six cruises well at about 65.

All the racers think I am crazy to trust a commuter that old, especially in the middle of the night. (I think they are jealous)

As an aside, a couple of weeks ago I left the lights on and ran the battery dead. I got it started but the amp gauge was absolutely pegged, and it blew and 30-amp fuse that the PO had installed inline with the alternator. I borrowed a charged battery to get home and replaced the fuse and no problems since. One of the guys followed me for 30 or so miles until his exit came up. Those guys are usually running much faster than me,

The cars wiring is tidy, but not totally original.

I have a bunch of other old stuff that I drive pretty regular, but I guess I am not that much into taking pictures.

IM005234.JPG

IM005236.JPG

IM005241.JPG

• Like 7