Covid Car Show!

Since we don't have to drive home from the show, 

some adult Beveridge wouldn't be the worst idea.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

You sure that's not a little rye in that cup?

Rye is good, but personally, I prefer just a dash or two (sometimes three) of rum in my coffee while contemplating my modest collection of old cars.  They're all works of art to me, and I marvel at the genius of the design and manufacture involved in even the most so-called "simple" vehicles.  Like Chris Bamford, I've spent many a happy hour in my garage just looking at my cars. 

Stay healthy out there.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 3

I've certainly done similar lately. I had my own car show in the driveway last Saturday.  Wednesday evening I took a rye out to my dark garage. I sat in my '38 with the dash lights on and dreamed about it being  an earlier time. Decades earlier when the old car was someones shiny new car.

Seen here, a photo from Saturday. I had them both running in the driveway. I smiled and was rewarded for my efforts while listening to them purr.

IMG_5847.jpg

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

a) Jameson's and a bit of Bailey's is what fortifies coffee.

b) All of my battery tenders are in use

b2) Battery sales may go through the roof after.

c) To have a view like that I'd have to move more than a few wheels.

• Like 2

These photos are great!  I no longer own any old real cars but cars but I still have cars out in the garage that need some fix ups and repair.  After that I make impromptu car shows with them.  This was last weeks show.  It’s a comfort to stay connected here with with all of you as we collectively give support to keep ourselves from going crazy. (If I’m making car shows from toy cars maybe it’s too late for me going off the deep end😀).

D900D837-E534-4F6B-9C75-62DEAF3A0E61.jpeg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, keiser31 said:

I would be doing that, too if it wasn't so cold outside.

Not the issue here-

The coming 10 days:

Highs in the 80 - 86 range with a 90 expected mid next-week

Lows in the 66 - 76 range

Wishing all a moderate time,

and safe environment

In Janet's Memory 002.jpg

• Like 3

Weather was clear, roads were dry, air was semi-warm (55 degrees), traffic was light.

Yeah, that's just about perfect for 16 cylinders' worth of entertainment. Burned about a half-tank of gas in the Marmon this morning shooting video footage (among other things).

1578368028_20200403_1428341.thumb.jpg.b15d1e2756f287935d545453226fe069.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, just me said:

You gentlemen with these clean garages. How do you find anything? 

Charley

My friends say I spend more time cleaning than working in my shop. Genetics......I got the cleaning gene and my sister got the shopping gene.....she is happy and broke, I am happy and clean.....

• Haha 1

On 4/2/2020 at 10:49 PM, keiser31 said:

if it wasn't so cold outside.

Turn the thermostat up or move south like many of us did.  I keep a bottle of single malt available to fortify my coffee cup, no coffee.  Wife could never understand why I had to have a comfortable recliner in my shop

• Haha 1

My brother said his church in GA had a service where everyone just sat in their cars in the parking lot while the preacher stood in the bed of a pickup and conducted the service with a loud speaker. Hey, if it works, why not?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JamesR said:

My brother said his church in GA had a service where everyone just sat in their cars in the parking lot while the preacher stood in the bed of a pickup and conducted the service with a loud speaker. Hey, if it works, why not?

Sounds like we shouldn't have plowed under all those drive in theaters with the speakers you hang on your windows.

Would have been perfect for a Sunday sermon with social distancing.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 5:56 PM, keiser31 said:

Still watching it. It hasn't gone anywhere....

Picture 28593.jpg

Maybe you should call the shop and ask them when 13 will be done.

Tell them it's been awhile but you still have your slip of paper with the number on it from when you dropped it off.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I had dad’s 57 out yesterday for the first time since fall. Thanks to @JackM’s advice for how to get the sleeping beauty woke up again. 

A friend who rents a room from me had a birthday yesterday, so after getting some nonethonal gas, and a trip to the parts store for an oil filter, fuel filter, wax and type F transmission fluid, I took her for a ride. 

The old Ford, which I affectionally call Peggy Sue, ran like a top and once I had the battery charged up, the top went down without a hitch. It felt a bit like dad was riding along, especially when I was driving her alone. 

It was nice to have her outside where I could admire her. She will be getting a wash and wax as soon as work and other obligations allow the time. 

5D76FDA8-1254-4E91-A1C0-E132DBF9A566.jpeg

• Like 9