What's Your Favorite Old Car T-shirt?

RansomEli

These are my two favorite old-car T-shirts. The first is from a long-gone shop in San Diego. The Franklin shirt is from the Franklin museum in Tucson (a hidden gem if you're ever in the area).

Heaven forbid I actually work on cars in these shirts. They're just too valuable to me. 

Anyone have their favorite T-shirts to share?

IMG_3309.jpeg

IMG_3310.jpg

• Like 2

My very old T-shirt from my very old Citroen Days:

"I THINK YOUR CAR LOOKS FUNNY TOO !"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

ANOTHER SHIRT FROM THE 1970s:

"THE ONE WHO DIES WITH THE MOST TOYS - WINS !!"

• Like 2

I believe that is the easiest question I have ever been asked. Picture taken during the 1924's first West Coast cruise, Immediately after wheels on ground after transport from Eastern Ohio. T-shirt made for me by my friends "Hillbilly Willy" (who went with me to bring the Cad back - I deeply regret not having it prepped to drive across the country under its own power), and his wife Dianne. But I have shown this seldom worn T-shirt here before, so here is a cap with my name on it, too :

Yo's truly,     -     Cadillac '

P.S.  The only 2 years I have been to Hershey, I have worn pizza box sign boards over my raincoat with my Cadillac parts wish list. Had hoped to make 2021, but if I ever get there again, I will wear these and stay out of the rain. I know some of you must have been right next to me without my having the pleasure of meeting you. Can't put the miles on anymore, long wish list has become a short bucket list, so hope to see you in the Corral, or at the show.     -    CC 

ED316239-2A35-4798-8DCD-F3C229B22F9E.jpeg

582E4888-637C-431E-A6C6-C316873F082B.jpeg

DA02699E-AFA9-41EF-909F-6FB4AA7F1DC5.jpeg

Edited by C Carl (see edit history)
  • Like 5

I also have a "collection" of T-shirts (and sweat shirts).  It's hard to pick a favorite but this one brings back memories galore.  Do you remember the year of the "BIG MUD" at Hershey?  1976.  In 1977 a vendor brought out these and they sold out quickly.  Mine is pretty well worn and stained now, but is a souvenir from those days that I'll never get tired of looking at.  May eventually frame it, or make a pillow, or something.  Anybody else got one?  

I think it was shortly after I bought this that sales of souvenir items became restricted.   Think I'll contact Hershey Region and see if we can come up with some ideas for next year's shirts.

Terry

Hershey sweatshirt 1977.jpg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

I also have a "collection" of T-shirts (and sweat shirts).  It's hard to pick a favorite but this one brings back memories galore.  Do you remember the year of the "BIG MUD" at Hershey?  1976.  In 1977 a vendor brought out these and they sold out quickly.  Mine is pretty well worn and stained now, but is a souvenir from those days that I'll never get tired of looking at.  May eventually frame it, or make a pillow, or something.  Anybody else got one?  

I think it was shortly after I bought this that sales of souvenir items became restricted.   Think I'll contact Hershey Region and see if we can come up with some ideas for next year's shirts.

Terry

Hershey sweatshirt 1977.jpg

I cannot wait for all the unofficial Hershey 2020 shirts we will see in 2021. I already have a design in mind for my dad and I. 

Having worn T-shirts pretty much daily for past +/-35 years and especially at work, I’ve gone through tons of them and while vast majority has been automotive related, mostly from various suppliers/vendors of parts, tools, equipment, etc, I’ve never bought a single one of those, as I’ve never understood sales or buying of any promotional swag.
If a company or manufacturer wants me to advertise/promote their business, services or products by using/wearing their marketing swag, why should/would I pay for it ???

Years ago I even thought of getting some made with my business/company logo, to give my clients, friends and/or to wear myself, but since I’ve never had much need to advertise my business, I just never got around to do it.

OTOH, I probably have enough never worn, new ones to last rest of my life and then some, including many from businesses/companies/products no longer existing.

Also, being a lifelong (somewhat) fiscal conservative, all or most of my clothing, especially T-shirts, once they become ragged enough to wear, they get cut up and recycled into shop rags, etc

I’ve also given away bunch of new ones to friends, etc, especially lighter colored ones (dirt shows too easily) and those with ridiculously huge vinyl prints on them as they feel quite uncomfortable due to stickiness to skin.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

My  10 th. annual ,Monterey Historics T shirt. Mine is getting a bit threadbare these days but the memories are still vivid.

Ford MK 4, the real one from Fords collection was there as well, along with 999. I have a bunch of photos somewhere , I 

should dig them out and digitise them. Also the first time I saw Can - Am cars out on the track. 

Greg

untitledfordgt.png

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)

• 2 years later...

Pebble Beach 2021 saw this in a shop window on the way to dinner. I was the guy that removed the fenders from this Type 59 Bugatti for a photo shoot and run at Lime Rock in the late 1970's for a magazine feature. It lost #7 & #8, that is part of a connecting rod and four valves. It took a new owner to rebuild it and fly it over from England. Sounded great on the Thursday Tour. Bob 

DSCF8701.JPG

DSCF8702.JPG

I completely agree !!! It's always exciting to have clothing that truly reflects your individual style and interests. Have you ever tried looking into custom embroidery collections? ? It can be a great way to add even more personality to your wardrobe. Personally...I've discovered some pretty incredible pieces through independent artists and designers who offer these unique options. Thank you for sharing your favorite old-car T-shirts with me ... I can't wait to see more of the awesome designs you come across

Edited by ritayx6 (see edit history)

On 6/3/2020 at 4:03 PM, C Carl said:

I believe that is the easiest question I have ever been asked. Picture taken during the 1924's first West Coast cruise, Immediately after wheels on ground after transport from Eastern Ohio. T-shirt made for me by my friends "Hillbilly Willy" (who went with me to bring the Cad back - I deeply regret not having it prepped to drive across the country under its own power), and his wife Dianne. But I have shown this seldom worn T-shirt here before, so here is a cap with my name on it, too :

Yo's truly,     -     Cadillac '

P.S.  The only 2 years I have been to Hershey, I have worn pizza box sign boards over my raincoat with my Cadillac parts wish list. Had hoped to make 2021, but if I ever get there again, I will wear these and stay out of the rain. I know some of you must have been right next to me without my having the pleasure of meeting you. Can't put the miles on anymore, long wish list has become a short bucket list, so hope to see you in the Corral, or at the show.     -    CC 

ED316239-2A35-4798-8DCD-F3C229B22F9E.jpeg

582E4888-637C-431E-A6C6-C316873F082B.jpeg

DA02699E-AFA9-41EF-909F-6FB4AA7F1DC5.jpeg

Carl, where did you get that Cadillac’s  shirt? I gotta have one!