Cute Pictures Of Your Kids, Grand Or Otherwise In Old Cars

Ok so I admit I am jealous of victorialynn2 at the time of this post having 7666 views and 186 posts.  And having spurred "So Many" neat pictures. So here is a cute picture of a kid in an oldish car. ( I have no pictures left after a house accident, so I have none to offer myself.) So many hours I found myself doing that same thing in my mother's VW beetle, and then I learned to drive it at around age 10.

zCAM05645v.jpg

Edited by Michael-Restomod (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Someone with over sensitive parents has a photo of their child sitting behind the wheel of my truck, of which I mentioned in a post here.  

That 'child' would be close to possessing his driver's licence now, if not already.  Now it makes me wonder if he's into vintage cars.

Craig

Here is my brother, driving his 1929 Studebaker President seven passenger touring, on a Studebaker meet we attended in the mid 1990s.  When this picture was taken he had six kids (his kids, my kids, and some random kids attending the meet) and two adults in his seven passenger.  From the looks of the kids having fun they don't seem to have been crowded in the back of the Studebaker.  

Columbia029 2.jpg

Edited by Mark Huston (see edit history)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

At an AACA event in Illinois with my granddaughter.  Wonderful AACA member let us sit in his vehicle.  Our editor made this "fake" cover for the magazine.

Too bad there's a Maverick in the background and not an old Packard or something similarly cool.... :)

Grandson Nathan would have been about age 3, sitting on the hood of the 1934 Buick. At the Glidden Tour in Daytona, FL at age 4 he showed people how he could crank-start our 1912 Oakland. At age 15-1/2 he got his Learners Permit and after a week of practicing on the stick-shift 1941 Cadillac just in case the '54 wasn't ready due to a vacuum hose failure on the power brakes, he drove the 1954 Cadillac on the AACA Sentimental Tour in Staunton, VA, and was recognized as the "YOUNGEST DRIVER". Nathan is now 23, and will graduate college this spring, having achieved DEAN’S LIST EVERY SEMESTER. Now we wait to learn his choice as to which one of the six universities where he will pursue a Masters Degree in Music Performance, using among others, the Bach Stradivarius trumpet custom made for me in 1954.

1E0DE649-6533-43B7-A5D9-F8BE9FC86A87.jpeg

B775BB94-3A2E-4FA0-B463-23751BE7F20F.jpeg

A02CF6B8-C2FE-4531-93FD-8E166B9E5064.jpeg

79CDC7A4-6941-44F3-8CF7-A71CC7ADD8AD.jpeg

6A2C57F4-4D77-4F8A-8D98-BAAD53389AE0.jpeg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 6

Here are my sons taking their first drives ever in a 1909 Cartercar the day it arrived. So easy to drive, a child can do it! No clutch, no shifting, and if you get in trouble, just let go of everything and it stops. I figured that would be a good choice for their first time out.

Cody, age 13:

CodyCartercar.thumb.jpg.5bbfda5d35bf46b1f0d842da25531cbd.jpg

Riley, age 9:

RileyCartercar1.thumb.jpg.fc286f04d241945ee98ca7250186e0cb.jpg

Here's Riley on the roll:

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I hope Rosco is the name of the dog and not your grandson.... :D

If you haven't got something nice to say...……..(you know the rest.)

A certain Roscoe Hoffman was an excellent engineer:  https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/stove-huggers-the-non-studebaker-forum/46474-orphan-of-the-day-10-18-1935-hoffman

Craig

• Like 1

MY kids and me with my SSA Miata in 1993 at the SCCA National at New Hampshire International Speedway. My Grandson last year with Skip Barber and Skip's Fiat Abarth as an official Judge at the Lime Rock Sunday in the Park Concours. 

img370.jpg

IMG_0191.JPG

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 8E45E said:

If you haven't got something nice to say...……..(you know the rest.)

A certain Roscoe Hoffman was an excellent engineer:  https://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/forum/your-studebaker-forum/stove-huggers-the-non-studebaker-forum/46474-orphan-of-the-day-10-18-1935-hoffman

Craig

Well, then again there was one Roscoe C. "Fatty" Arbuckle who appreciated the finest of the fine cars of his era. Ever seen one of his great cars ? I am sure I am not alone among us who would gladly give up an ear, (left OR right), in exchange for one of 'em.

Oh, and while I am up : here is li'l' granddaughter in the STS. She figured she better study up in the owner's manual before she got in over her head.    -   CC 

D623E931-0F1B-4D1A-992A-06D10F4FDC16.jpeg

• Like 3