How about a picture of YOU with a car?

victorialynn2

While not my 1930 Buick Bus it is me (on the very right) & my dad with the cap on the right helping hold up the sign. 

Ives-Slides_913.thumb.jpg.caedf99620662898d20cd1ffb643a8d5.jpg

The year was 1969 and the Club was going on a day trip along the north shore of Lake Erie. That old straight 8 got a work out with all the wicker seat filled.

The owner eventually sold the bus to an actual bus company 40 miles east and they restored it but were able to save those wicker seats (which were very comfortable). 

Chatham_Coach_Lines_001-a.jpg.6f4ce3e759e33c68eb55ad911f0d1b4d.jpg

Edited by dei (see edit history)
  • Like 4

On 5/7/2020 at 8:46 PM, gossp said:

In years past kids may have noticed that their senior year went by in a flash... this year it zoomed by. 

If you don’t get it, have someone high school age explain it to you. 

Not just school-age groups are using Zoom. 

Many businesses, including ours are now forced to use it for video conferencing as much staff is working from their homes.  I'm not a huge fan of it when there are more than 10-12 individuals involved.

Craig

Edited by 8E45E (see edit history)

Here's a pic of me with my '29 Model A at a local weekly car show held at an old fashioned drive in restaurant where the owner is also into classic cars. He has hundreds of photos posted inside his restaurant.

1476558461906.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I sure can't go back anywhere that far, ply'. Best I can do from where I am sitting now, is this pic of a photo a friend took of me just after I brought the '24 Cad back from Eastern Ohio 30 years ago.    -   Carl 

065116CA-B216-4B94-88A1-DC32146ACA41.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Some recent posts seem to getting off topic:-   How about a picture of YOU with a car?

From post 1

Hi all! I often find myself imagining what a lot of you look like and I’d assume you do also. It’s always nice to put a face to a name.

Since most of you don’t have a photo of yourself for your avatar, I was wondering if you’d do me a favor?

Would you post a photo or two, of you with an old car? You could describe a little about the car’s history, for example, is it yours or someone else’s, if yours how did you acquire it, how long ago, etc. you could share a bit about yourself too. If you just want to post a pic, that’s fine too. Please, don’t be camera shy! 

Edited by 1939_Buick
Added post 1 quote (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, 1939_Buick said:

Some recent posts seem to getting off topic:-   How about a picture of YOU with a car?

Your good reminder will keep the topic interesting.

Discussing lengths of shoelaces, or recipes for chicken

cacciatore, or sapsucker feathers, or how wallabies growl,

is best left for other threads.  (I'm exaggerating!)

There is a separate topic, too, for pictures of children and grandchildren.

Victoria Lynn's idea, to know each other better and

to put a face with a screen name, is a good one.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

SORRY! I dont typically take pics of myself. Mods please remove my offensive pics from this thread.

Kerry, car pictures aren't offensive!

I think it was a friendly reminder to EVERYONE.

I know what you mean.  I was a car-club newsletter editor

for years, and took pictures of everyone else.  I don't have

many car pictures of myself.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TAKerry said:

SORRY! I dont typically take pics of myself. Mods please remove my offensive pics from this thread.

Kerry,

I don't find your post offensive at all. I am not a photogenic person most of the time too.

Yours truly piloting a super-rare 1957 Dodge Kingsway Custom Convertible Coupe (real, not chopped), a Chrysler Export Division model 

bought new off the showroom floor in Havana and still owned by the same family. It has always been a private car, never used as a taxi,

and the Kingsway still has its original 301cid V-8 and 2-speed PowerFlite automatic transmission, fairly unusual for a Cuban survivor.

This was at the end of the XVth Rally Regularidad Copa Castrol, hosted by the Club de Autos Antiguos -  A lo Cubano, held December 1, 2019. 

1307909904_DSC_5566CXTS57DodgeKingsway.thumb.jpg.69d51d62d91559d172400d06d15c5238.jpg

And yes, in the background is one of four Continental Mark II coupes known to still be on the island, formerly owned by Marta Batista,

the wife of the deposed dictator Fulgencio Batista. The Rally is staged each year in the parking lot of the Tropicana Nightclub,

and the '56 Mark II C56D2784 did not compete in 2019, but is parked at the club's mirrored entrance for this photo.

It's been modified with a 1970's Ford V-8 - I leave my judge's cap at home and just appreciate the 24/7 car show that is La Habana. 

237819406_56C56D27849MarkIIDSC_9127CXT.thumb.jpg.978cbc6301d9c6d0f424db0237c12551.jpg

TG

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 2/25/2020 at 11:48 AM, Oregon Desert model 45 said:

It was on the July 4 1977 Car club tour and camping trip at Lake of the Woods, when this beautiful Packard 734 boat tail speedster arrived and parked near my dad's '31 Chevy. The owner, Julian Eccles, had driven over from his home in Klamath Falls for a visit. That kid in the goofy black hat staring at the car was me.  The story told around the campfire that night was Bill Harrah wanted one of these for his collection, and had borrowed this car so that his team of talented restorers could build a copy on a donor car chassis.

julian eccles 734 packard 1.jpg

julian eccles 734 packard 2.jpg

I missed this when you first posted. This is the car now owned by John Mozart in California. Thanks for posting. Ironically, this photo of me in my dad's 734 Speedster was taken almost exactly at the same time your photos were taken, August 1977.

1977.jpg

• Like 1

I posted a more current picture from 1999 when I responed to this thread on Nov 10, 2019.

This picture is from a 1983 car show with my wife and our 1915 Model T Ford.   Sold the car,

still have the wife of 54 years.   

15 Model T.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Summer vaction job in 1975 working at the Boothbay Museum..age 14.

Drove this 34 Ford wrecker and Model A pickup in same livery to and from our rented cottage and to errands for the museum for several weeks...great fun to keep me busy in Maine with the folks and.. Ugh!, my older sister..the ball buster.. 

0517211915.jpg

• Like 3

This was pre Covid at a local 'Car Show'. I was a bit hesitant but mine was the tallest and oldest at the show and always had a group of lookers. It is a 1915 Dodge Brothers roadster with many period accessories the most expensive of which is that Rex Top nearly $200.00 original in the day. Enjoy!854934305_GriotsGarageshow02.jpg.9546cd5cd3183a85fd9b9a192ee21dc3.jpg

My '15 Roadster.jpg

Edited by RAH
YES this pic was some years ago! (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Checking out the Model 19 Buick with Skip Carpenter when I picked it up in April, 2021.

I'm on the left.

IMG_20210428_182758.jpg.e323e4d2badae2bd4b7bba0e2ea2477c.jpg

This picture reminds me of "Wilson" on Tim Allen's old "Home Improvement" TV show...you never saw the bottom half of Wilson's face.

IMG_20210428_182855.jpg.21a932562b56277e023111fe5384644b.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

So many great pictures! I wish I could “like” them all, but I know from experience that this site limits how many reactions you can post. 

For those of you who haven’t posted yet, try to remember to take a picture the next time you get your car out. 😊