Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

Those look great but with today's new energy standards that you must meet if they "Know" you are going to be heating it,  you will only see the main beams.  Everything else will need a serious amount of insulation.  Those do look great though.  I bet they cost almost as much as what I have in mine,  but there is alot of sweat equity in mine. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Bigger is always better if you can do it.  We had a wooded kind of hollow with a couple foot drop off driveway where our shed is now.  Off to the right, not in the pic is more woods and, despite it being dry, a small are of wetlands.  Well, if we add more it will more likely be going from 2 to 3 car on the house, and going up which my wife would like to do.  We keep kicking that around as this area is a nice balance between more rural and proximity to work, family. Etc.

In our immediate area the trees haven't changed much but did find a little color along my drive for this picture today. My Crosley FarmOroad didn't make it off the property this year, everything canceled, so I put on the dual wheels and used it as my work vehicle around the property. Temporarily mounted an 8 gallon spray tank in the back so I could spray weeds along my 1200 foot drive and around a part of the property that I had terraformed this Summer to beat back some Kudzu. Now I have to cut and spray that area regularly to keep it away. Lot easier riding along at a walking speed instead of walking. FOR also got duty just hauling things and me around the property. Figured it was better to get some hours on it that just let it sit till next Summer. Just remember I did get it off the property, I drove next door to where my new neighbor is building a house, while I had it out today. 

Yes it is a licensed car/truck, without the duals it can cruise along at 50mph, but that isn't really fast enough on most of the roads around our house.

FOR-Follage800.jpeg

• Like 4

On 10/10/2020 at 8:32 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

To add to Alsancle's data:  Mount Washington

is windy.  There's often a stiff wind when the

weather is tranquil down below.  It holds the record

for the highest wind speed ever recorded on the

surface of the earth:  231 miles per hour, much 

stronger than the most extreme hurricane.

In fact, even this coming week (according to a weather

website), the forecasted wind speeds are typically

50 to 65 m.p.h. each day!

We went to Bretton Woods NH for the 1998 Glidden Tour and wanted to climb Mt. Washington

with our 1934 Ford Tudor V8.  On arrival on Saturday the weather was perfect, but visiting with

old friends took priority and we though we'd go another day.   Mistake!  The weather up

there was awful the rest of the week.  We understand it's awful up there most days and we didn't         make the same mistake at Pikes Peak.  Maybe next time the Glidden us up there?

Here are a few pictures from our AACA region's

Fall Tour this past week-end.  The fall colors don't

show the best in these pictures, but the scenery

was beautiful and the colors really were very nice.

The small-town areas of the Northeast have countless

back roads that are ideal for driving an antique car of

almost any era:

Car Club 2020 Fall Tour (15).JPG

Car Club 2020 Fall Tour (17).JPG

Car Club 2020 Fall Tour (18).JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 5

On 10/11/2020 at 12:46 AM, alsancle said:

We have done the Cog Railway to the top of Mount Washington.  The idea of driving up there feels a little scary, especially in an old car.  F.E. Stanley did it in a steam car back in 1905.

People don't realize how nasty Mount Washington is.  The look at the height and say that isn't much.    161 people have died on that mountain,  many in the summer months when it is 80 degrees at the base and it turns to 20 over the tree line with a snap blizzard.

We drove up Mt Washington while we were in the US in 2015 - easy in a modern car, in our case a 2013 four cylinder Nissan Rogue. Mostly sunny but the cloud came and went a bit.  The last mile of the climb was in 'pea soup' cloud - freaked my partner a little. Not much foliage up there of course. Part of my reason for doing it was that in 1978 I had driven up Fall River ridge in Colorado - I think the highest road in the US. So that completed the set of the highest roads in both the eastern and western US.

IMG_2741 resize.JPG

• Like 2

On 11/1/2020 at 12:48 AM, nzcarnerd said:

We drove up Mt Washington while we were in the US in 2015 - easy in a modern car, in our case a 2013 four cylinder Nissan Rogue. Mostly sunny but the cloud came and went a bit.  The last mile of the climb was in 'pea soup' cloud - freaked my partner a little. Not much foliage up there of course. Part of my reason for doing it was that in 1978 I had driven up Fall River ridge in Colorado - I think the highest road in the US. So that completed the set of the highest roads in both the eastern and western US.

IMG_2741 resize.JPG

Dad had an “antique” sticker. It’s a bit older. 

84BB06C9-570C-4CA1-A8AF-8B8C7BCB9C2B.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This picture was taken on 11/13/20. It was clearly near the end of the fall season here, but the maples still showed some color. Attached also is a picture of the same location taken the day after Thanksgiving.518660713_Cad2(111320).thumb.jpg.cfe99b8ba6fafec6834c8219df7c117f.jpg

Cad 3 (11:28:20).jpg

• Like 4