victorialynn2

Show me your Foliage!

4 hours ago, John348 said:

The leaves are starting to loose their color and autumn is about to go brown in a day or two, was out back enjoying a cup of coffee and decided to take the cover off the 60 and take this photo. Those trees and my privacy will be gone to a sub division, it was a great 35 years of privacy.... soon to be gone

IMG_5426.JPG

Sorry to hear that John. I had to cut down over half of dad’s trees on his 5 acres due to oak wilt killing trees. Now we can see the main road and neighbors. It’s a bummer to loose the privacy. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John348 said:

Those trees and my privacy will be gone to a sub division, it was a great 35 years of privacy.... soon to be gone

Plant some Leland Cypress if they will grow in your area. They will grow from the size of a broom handle to what you see in the photo below in about 7 years. They make a good privacy fence. They also do a good job of absorbing traffic noise from the street just behind them.

SAM_2747.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Things have started to change here.

IMG_3997.thumb.JPG.aea667e4785a756743a75341f7966c2f.JPG

• Like 5

Gave it a go today to see some more before the high winds here on Long Island blow the rest down, I will go for another ride tomorrow to get the Stabil circulated in the all of the cars

IMG_5468.JPG

IMG_5470.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

• Like 5

Gave it one last try, found a few tress left, gave me a chance to get the Stabil to run through the system

IMG_5521.JPG

IMG_5534.JPG

• Like 6

Went out today and took a few more, more later. The Stabil treatment give me an excuse to drive it, turned 3000 miles today since the restoration was completed in 2005.

Appropriately....... Chevrolet named this color Autumn Gold

IMG_5575.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, STEVE POLLARD said:

John - is that a Impala or Biscayne model ?

Steve,

Biscayne, the two door sedan in 1962 was offered only in the Belair and the Biscayne series

Edited by John348 (see edit history)