Show me your Foliage!

victorialynn2

Peter, we should have a drag race!  But first I'd have to strip my car of all unnecessary weight, like lamps and top.  Also, Coker sells smooth, untreaded tires in 30 x 3-1/2 size.  Maybe we should mount them, at least on the rear wheels.  When the throngs of adoring spectators came to watch us race, we could tell them the tires were the last word in racing slicks!

Gil Fitzhugh the Elder

• Haha 1

Sounds like a fine idea.  When you're stripping all that extra weight off your car I have just the place to hang it. 

Before the drag race, we'll have to check rear sprockets.  I may have the hill-climbing sprocket, for our B.C. mountains.  If that's the case we'll have to add a hillclimb event to the day's activities.  Fair is fair.

The car isn't actually mine - I just take care of it for a friend.  Her grandfather bought it (used) in 1910.  Yesterday was such a mild dry day out here in British Columbia that I decided to take it out for a quick picture.

Peter

• Like 1

It's not the best photo but I forgot it was a fall photo until I posted it for reference on another thread.  The wife and I out in my 57 Tbird and 56 Olds the year after I met her.  We were running the 56 Olds up for winter storage an hour away and stopped for this photo op and to make sure everything was going OK. 

IMG_6000.JPG

• Like 2

• 10 months later...

I took my old Chevy out for a drive on the North Shore of Long Island yesterday to see if the leaves are starting to change, not yet a few days away. I will get some photo's when they do. It is still rather warm here not just in the day but at night as well. My wife is still swimming in Long Island Sound

Here you go Marty with a little color behind the evergreens.

To-day I had a car out for a tour by myself for the second run for the summer. Rain the rest of the week but when the weather brakes I should get one of the Ts out for a run and a photo ope. 

2016-10-18 National Award 2016 008.JPG

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Taken at the same hotel your staying at three years ago, the pond out front. Model J 37,000 original miles, original paint. 5:30 am sunrise.

1018AC39-E356-4251-B45B-A510D6682B82.png

• Like 6

7 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

Miss NH in the fall. My dad’s Bronco had a sticker “This car climbed Mt Washington”. Grew up in Goffstown and lived in NH until 1991. Have never made it back. 

We have done the Cog Railway to the top of Mount Washington.  The idea of driving up there feels a little scary, especially in an old car.  F.E. Stanley did it in a steam car back in 1905.

People don't realize how nasty Mount Washington is.  The look at the height and say that isn't much.    161 people have died on that mountain,  many in the summer months when it is 80 degrees at the base and it turns to 20 over the tree line with a snap blizzard.

• Like 1