victorialynn2

Show me your Foliage!

View from behind the dash of my 1930 Hudson 8, testing out the new cork clutch this week. Smoooth.

IMG_1397.JPG

• Like 2

I was at Crater Lake last weekend. Leaves are starting to turn here, but you can’t tell from these pics where there is mostly evergreens. Will have the 57 out for some work when parts get in. Hopfefully I can get some pics in with some foliage at that time. 

Love everyones pics!

F2DCD4DC-981F-4EEF-A4D9-B0F3B3011C00.jpeg

2FCF02E2-EB97-44E6-8417-15A1F9D50113.jpeg

• Like 2

Victorialynn2, not a whole lot of foliage shown here, but you can certainly see two of our climates !  I just re-painted Karen's little car, and she had cleaned it up real good for a parade.... it poured rain on her, ha !  Anyway, it is kinda' lush up where I took this, then down at the coast turning into near desert as it goes toward the north end of the island.  We have 11 of the 13 climates on earth here on the Big Island, so we can get almost any type of background....fun, fun, fun !

DSCN6551.JPG

• Like 1

13 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

This is a great pic!

The dying leaves are in better condition than the car.:lol: (it's a good car, just old ;))

34 hudson pictures 017.JPG

• Like 1

Here is a shot of the the motor firing for the first time in?????? Fixed a dead short in the wiring, blowing fuses, ignition switch had to be taken apart and cleaned, not switching power, coil wired backwards, wrong firing order, plug wires assembled wrong, bad connections, fouled plugs, chunks of old distributor cap under new cap and wrong gap on points. Ran when parked. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

pict 014.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saw this nice view here in our valley. If you look VERY close, you might see a Model T truck at this winery....

Picture 28077.jpg

Copy of Picture 28077.jpg

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, 28 Chrysler said:

We get very little fall colors here in southern Nevada. This is it, at my place.

001.JPG

One of the few things I miss about the upper Midwest are the gorgeous fall season and winter seasons around Christmas time.

South central Arizona is full of foliage that is pretty spectacular in it's own right but nothing like up north or east coast for sure...

https://www.fireflyforest.com/flowers/category/flowering-season/fall-blooming-plants/

We also have a small unknown hole in the north that attracts a few ...

Image result for grand canyon blooming in the fall

Can't forget about the Alpine area in northeastern Arizona around the Hannigan Meadows area.

Image result for alpine meadows az blooming in the fall

• Like 3

Went up to the US Military Academy today for a football game, leaves are a little slow to change. We always try to go around this time of year to catch the foliage change, but it just was not happening yet, there were one or two here or there 

IMG_5176.JPG

IMG_5173.JPG

IMG_5180.JPG

IMG_5186.JPG

• Like 7

West Point is a beautiful historical place to go. My wife and I had always gone to one game a year for the true collage football "experience" and  usually we a get a fantastic color show of foliage, sadly not so this year. I am a retired a IBEW Electrician and  we go with a group of fellow electricians all these years have a reserved tailgate at the south dock along the Hudson River. We have always enjoyed the best kept secret foliage show 35 miles north of NYC for almost 40 years now. There is only one tree just starting to turn on the eastern shore of the Hudson.  The feeling of history when you walk on that campus is unbelievable 

IMG_5167.JPG

IMG_5171.JPG

IMG_5181.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 2