What are you bringing to Hershey this year?

John348

I know this could get moved, but I felt posting in General Discussion might be good place for those who can't attend and never bother to look at the Hershey specific Forum, sort of a Virtual Swap Meet. So if the powers to be feel it needs to be moved, so be it.

I am starting to pack thing up and decided it's time to part with a few items. Here is a few things I am packing up today. The scale is not automotive, but it always was a conversation in my garage, and hopefully it will be in someone else's for years to come RNI 85-79 Red Field North

image.jpeg.4572c5ace03a2e49e51c266c45f23ceb.jpeg

IMG_0902.JPG

IMG_0914.JPG

Edited by John348 (see edit history)
  • Like 5

I started loading up too because it looks like September is going to be a busy month. Mainly loaded Model A and T parts with a smattering of early Ford V8 stuff and 4 cylinder Dodge parts.

*Model T Wheels, rims, windshields, steering columns, front axles and wishbones, gas tanks, 3-dip oil pan, grille shells, firewalls, radiator, headlights, hood, axle housings, '13-'14 aluminum hogshead, '13-'14 turtle deck, '13-'14 roadster top bows, etc. Might bring some '13-'14 headlamps and side lamps.

*Model A Wheels, steering columns, front fenders, NORS rear fenders, dash rails, grille shells, interior window garnish trim, oil pan, manifolds incl. heater manifolds, etc.

*Flathead V8 NOS '32-'36 heads, V8 60 manifold, wire looms, 1935 16" wheels, 1933 pickup dash.

* Early Dodge 4-cyl oil pan, Carburetors.

*Misc. early headlights.

*Cadillac "batwing" air cleaner, '66-'76 Bronco grille.

Four weeks from this coming Monday! Stop by C4Y 1-4 and say hello!!

103_1198.JPG

103_1199.JPG

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, rocketraider said:

Matt, the tow truck is just cool. Or as we said in junior high 50-some years ago "cool to death!".

Did you ever get the running sorted out? 

From what I read on this site there is never any rest in the soul of Mr Harwood until he gets things running and operating as they should. 

• Like 4

I will be up in the NE corner of the RED Field at RNG 10 and 11. there is a shuttle bus stop ( or has been in the past) about 150 feet east of me. I am near the WOKR Club booth.

I will have what you see here for sale or trade. I also will have some period paper,  photographs both pre and post war, some original some quality reprints ( not done on a computer but in a photo lab off an 8  x 10 negative)

My son and I will be open starting Tuesday morning.   I will be seeking coach builders body tags/emblems , and souvenir programs for the Chicago, NY, Los Angeles and San Francisco custom body salons. that I do not have. The RR hubcap is for a PI Springfield.

9/8/23 I am posting a photo here of coach builders badges/emblems I will also bring along but they will be for trade only  not for sale.

HERSHEY stuff ONE.jpg

HersheySTUFF Two.jpg

HersheySTUFF three.jpg

RR HUBCAP P1.jpg

BODY BADGES.jpg

Edited by Walt G
addition of information and photo (see edit history)
  • Like 7

3 hours ago, rocketraider said:

Matt, the tow truck is just cool. Or as we said in junior high 50-some years ago "cool to death!".

Did you ever get the running sorted out? 

Yep, it runs and drives great. We were planning to bring it to Hershey last year but the carburetor started leaking a few days before we were going to leave. A new carburetor and all was well. Fires up and runs great now, we've been driving it all summer. It'll be there for sure this year.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Tentative plans as of one month before. Please come see us in the car corral, spaces B138-140, right across from the show field.

001.JPG.33bc8194609c561a95beb62b46344ed8.JPG

001.JPG.9596124c14763bd78101be17a684e141.JPG

357819948_2843180872491575_7083626372684814840_n.jpg.cca1b232ad7af65f4547848cf9478794.jpg.4a9c15fb971c6176a03966f4e79495a4.jpg

Hi, Matt!  R u showing or selling all three?

10 minutes ago, 63RedBrier said:

Hi, Matt!  R u showing or selling all three?

Selling the tow truck and the Cord, showing the Lincoln on Friday. The Lincoln will be in our car corral spot all week since it's how we'll be getting back and forth to our hotel each day. But please, don't panic if you see a SOLD sign on it--that's only to keep people from trying to buy it. That, or maybe a ridiculous price tag, so don't think me a fool when you see it.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, edinmass said:

What am I bringing? A pocket full of cash………works fine!

I am bringing cigars and vintage crown because I owe you a “thanks for being a nice guy” present for talking me out of leveraging myself on an expensive acquisition a couple years ago. 

Other than that:  sample Woodgrain dashes, some Maxwell brass, a 15 dodge to put in the show (hpof), perhaps some early dodge parts, piles of pig iron that never sells, and some supposedly very nice v8 packard stuff for a friend but I have not seen any of it yet. I am on the non rolls Royce side of rolls Royce row. C2E40-ish. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Matt Harwood said:

Selling the tow truck and the Cord, showing the Lincoln on Friday. The Lincoln will be in our car corral spot all week since it's how we'll be getting back and forth to our hotel each day. But please, don't panic if you see a SOLD sign on it--that's only to keep people from trying to buy it. That, or maybe a ridiculous price tag, so don't think me a fool when you see it.

I will put a stupid price tag on my car for the show. The car will be out all week (depending on weather), and it decreases pointless conversations…. Or are pointless conversations half the charm of the week?

Edited by gossp (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

What am I bringing? A pocket full of cash………works fine!

Yes, Me Too !

I've cornered the market and perfected the art of

Buy High - Sell Low !

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Bringing some brass stuff, lamps, clocks, some misc lit, and everything from early auto sheet music, watch fobs to gas light burners.  Will have a few really nice pieces of early autombilia -the real stuff - for serious collectors,.  I'll have a nice selection of rare spark plugs for collectors too. 

I'm in my usual spots - GCC 5, 6, almost across from the crab cake vendor in front of the Giant Center.

If I'm not there when you stop in it's because I'm out looking for more stuff.

Bring me some old unusual spark plugs!

Terry

20161007_134036.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Extra eyes, and a wagon full o' water and dog snacks! 😉😁👍

20221005_110529.jpg

Don't the extra eyes come in handy?  Even when its my turn to mind the store Susan is out looking for MG stuff.  If she spots something i don't need, she'll text me a quick photo.  She covers the whole thing so even though I've not seen every inch of it for years, I can still bring home some goodies.  Gotta love technology!  Now all I have to do is train our dog to sniff out spark plugs.

Terry

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I am starting to load up. If there is anything Prewar Studebaker that you wish me to bring, now is the time to ask.

As of now, I plan to bring Memorabilia, Parts, Cans, Signs, Literature, a 1929 right hand drive Erskine, and maybe a real nice R1 with air, 1963 Avanti.

Also have available a 1957 rebuilt Golden Hawk engine with 0 miles. But will only bring it if presold.
I should be in spaces CCN 18-20.
Tags: None
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, George Rohrbach said:

I am starting to load up. If there is anything Prewar Studebaker that you wish me to bring, now is the time to ask.

As of now, I plan to bring Memorabilia, Parts, Cans, Signs, Literature, a 1929 right hand drive Erskine, and maybe a real nice R1 with air, 1963 Avanti.

Did you have the Eskine there for sale last year? It was black? If so and the same one I may be interested in it I and if not still interested in what you have.

Started loading up all sorts of Goodies long process! of course if there is any Door handles you need because we only bring limited numbers, send me a PM with photo's and what it is and I will try see if I have it and bring. If you Need Escutcheons bring a picture to match up and dimensions. Will have wheels , couple Signs, Hubcaps, Bumpers, Instrument Gauge Clusters, Horns, air cleaners few choice carbs and distributors, couple steering wheels a Super Super boyco Model T Accy. running board Gas/ Water/ and Oil Can/ Ect., Bringing some ashtrays this year all kinds Mopar parts as well. See you there.

CH74-CH78 Close by to Light Pole # 56 Our Green Tarp and 10x20 canopy got ripped up last year so we have one left but they could not replace that cover with a green so it may be Purple that's all they had ? 🙂

IMG_2089 (1).jpg

IMG_2090 (1).jpg

IMG_3252.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7144.jpg

IMG_7145.jpg

IMG_3255.jpg

IMG_3254.jpg

IMG_2088 (2).jpg

• Like 3

I am thinking about bringing a Bell housing for a 1948 Chrysler product 6 cyl. with the Fluid drive transmission.  I had to buy the whole bellhousing, top and bottom to get just the bottom section that I needed.  If anyone has a need for it I can bring it along.  Let me know.

Also have some 41-48 Lincoln, Zepher stuff that I might bring?????  Any interest?

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)