2023 BCA National Meet, Spokane Washington, July 11-15 2023

Jack Welch

The 2023 National Meet  has been awarded to the The Inland Northwest Chapter of the BCA. It will be held  on July 11 through July 15 2023 in Spokane WA. Congratulations to Greg Lewis and his team.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• MrEarl pinned this topic
11 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

You could cut up through the Canadian Rockies... Banff, lake Louise etc!

I suppose one could do that!  But I'd have to be divorced first, I think. However the northwest is a gorgeous place to explore.  

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

I suppose one could do that!  But I'd have to be divorced first, I think. However the northwest is a gorgeous place to explore.  

There might be a solution here other than "divorce" John.

At some risk it might be to leave the wives at home and we share expenses together going in the big Electra.

I haven't been to Banff or Lake Louis since 1969...

• Like 2

I too, would be tempted to make a long trip out of it. Haven't been out West in 30 years, and never did see Lake Louise. We did a long roundabout route to Sacramento in '91, as if that's not far enough as the crow flies! That was in the '56 Roadmaster.

Keith

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/28/2020 at 9:31 PM, JohnD1956 said:

And for some of us in the Northeast looking for a challenging road trip too. 

About time after 3 straight East coast shows . Will be 8 Years since Portland . 

• Like 2

Good to have some time to get Marlene in-tune with another drive in the 29 Roadster to Spokane.  Mid July is perfect for +90 F temps. (getting to +107 C inside the car).

And, we can get there through the northern USA states which we haven't visited.

Bit further (2,200 miles) than Denver (1,500 miles - 4 days on the road) but in the 29 that's only an extra day and a half on the road.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 McLaughlin Buick Roadster

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Yes I have 7 states left I haven't been to. This drive would likely check the box on 4 of them for me. Dakota's (would really like to see Rushmore), Montana (what speed limit) and Idaho (I'll have fries with that)...but the wife and kids will insist on modern iron no doubt....maybe I can convince them to do a little Pacific Coast Highway on the way home. Would love to see those epic bridges in Oregon.

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Wow! Now that would be a challenge alright!  

Yeah. Gonna take time before I attempt it, but I'd like to try to start in Boston, drive to Newport(??) Oregon all the way on 20.

Then, take the PCH down to where Rt 6 ended in California, and drive that back to Provincetown, Ma.

I'm not saying I'd attempt that in the Wildcat but.......

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cooterbfd said:

Yeah. Gonna take time before I attempt it, but I'd like to try to start in Boston, drive to Newport(??) Oregon all the way on 20.

Then, take the PCH down to where Rt 6 ended in California, and drive that back to Provincetown, Ma.

I'm not saying I'd attempt that in the Wildcat but.......

I hear you on this one!  I also would like to do Rt20 from MA to OR.  I would really want to do it in the Super.  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In 2014 we drove from central Texas to the Portland meet.   There were places up north that the wife wanted to see.

It was a nice drive and the traffic was light compared to more populated areas of the country.

We went to Seattle/Tacoma first as the Corvair National meet was in Tacoma the week before the Buick event in Portland. 

It was also interesting that the Buick meet was held at the same location as a Corvair National meet we had attended about 5 years earlier. 

We spent one day with a Reatta owner that post here and they showed us around Portland, even went to a collector car sales showroom.

After the Buick meet we headed south and jumped over to the coast to go thru the Redwood.    Stayed overnight in Napa then slowly made our way

back to Texas.   Car meets are a great way to see parts of the US that you have never seen before.... being retired also helps as there is no firm schedule. 

Edited by Barney Eaton (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2020 at 1:46 PM, Buicknutty said:

Sounds like it would be a good road trip. The last time I was on the West Coast was in '91 when we drove to the National in Sacramento, with the '56 Roadmaster.

Keith

Keith  do you still have your  56  Road master,  i was assistant  chief judge there at the time,

i may try and dig up a photo of your car,,----im  thinking about coming to 2023   national as well,  

love to meet you all.----regards.

Edited by Wayne R (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 4/21/2021 at 12:58 AM, Wayne R said:

Keith  do you still have your  56  Road master,  i was assistant  chief judge there at the time,

i may try and dig up a photo of your car,,----im  thinking about coming to 2023   national as well,  

love to meet you all.----regards.

Wayne, I certainly do! I bought it in June of 1976 and have driven it at least a bit every summer since then.

Here's a shot of the car in my garage. Not a great shot of the car though.

It would be neat to meet you hopefully we can make it there.

Keith

Garagelift.jpg

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see where I can find information on the exact location in Spokane and what the host hotels are?  

I am from Alberta, Canada and we attended the Portland National meet a few years back and we had a blast, and we are looking forward to this one.  It so great to see so many Buicks in one location!  Buicks are a bit of a rare breed around my area.

Jason

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Yohdda said:

Hi everyone,

Just checking in to see where I can find information on the exact location in Spokane and what the host hotels are?  

I am from Alberta, Canada and we attended the Portland National meet a few years back and we had a blast, and we are looking forward to this one.  It so great to see so many Buicks in one location!  Buicks are a bit of a rare breed around my area.

Jason

Jason, I know that the location has been determined, but no details have been published this far in advance of the meet.  Stay tuned; there will be details added when we get to the June / July timeframe of this year.

• Thanks 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ben:

I hope easier than Tues., on the road to Lisle, this year.  Saw signs that said outside temp was 97 which makes inside car temp at least 115 or more.  Usually run with temp gauge between 180-190 on hot days but my temp gauge was almost 210.  So hot that I had to let car cool down after stopping for gas (which my 29 roadster does often) as starter wouldn't turn engine over.  Marlene was NOT a happy camper and told me, once again, that was her last car meet, riding there, in the car with me.

Bill McLaughlin

1929 McLaughlin Buick Roadster

1929 Silver Anniversary Buick Club

Edited by Bill - 29 Buick
spelling mistake (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

It's been a long time, but I'm back! I'm serving on the steering committee for the 2023 BCA Nationals in Spokane. We are well into the process of preparing for the meet to be held at the MirabeauPark Hotel and Convention Center on July 12-15, 2023. All of the information about registering and hotel reservations are in the Bugle.  July is a great summer month in Spokane. Getting here from North, South, East or West is always a joy because there is so much to look at. Our chapter has members from as far west as the Columbia River, as far south as Walla Walla and the Tri-Cities, and Lewiston, and into Idaho on the east. We have a member that lives just north of the boundary in Canada. Our regional chapter friends from the Puget Sound, North Cascades and Portland area are going to be really helpful as we put this all together. Local car clubs are about as excited as we are to host this once-in-a-lifetime event!  Just getting here is part of the fun! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I booked a room last night, but a heads up for those that haven't... the website indicates that the rooms at the event rate are sold out.  If you call the hotel, they should be able to help you book a room at the event rate, which is what I did.  I'm not sure why the website indicates that the rooms are sold out, unless they are just referencing the initial room allocation set aside by the organizers.  At any rate, the folks at the hotel were helpful in booking a room for us.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 5 weeks later...

"Your Reservation is Confirmed"  First time ever at host hotel!  Usually a teddy come lately, searching 50 mile radius for a hotel.

Now just have to figure out which car is going to make it!  Spirit of Joe T please help me.  Thank you.

Edited by Ted "Wildcat65" Nagel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 3:35 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Reserved a room for the entire meet.  Just not sure which car to take.  

John, how many travel miles will that be for you?

5 hours ago, dship said:

John, how many travel miles will that be for you?

Hi Dave, Looks to be roughly 2500 one way, if Google maps can be trusted.

2 hours ago, old-tank said:

Take the 56 and I might let you park next to me!

The Super would look much less than that name next to your car Willie.  But I am leaning towards taking it.  

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I would like a clarification on the "Wine Tour" before I register.

Originally the tour was on Friday, I can make that one. Then it seemed to move to Thursday.

When I asked an inland member, I was told it was both days, but it does not show that way anywhere!

Could someone in the know clarify, and if it is on both days, how to register for the Friday on when is does not show on the registration form!

We just like to wine and can't make Thursday:)

Thanks