2023 BCA National Meet, Spokane Washington, July 11-15 2023

Jack Welch

3 hours ago, rcull said:

I would like a clarification on the "Wine Tour" before I register.

Originally the tour was on Friday, I can make that one. Then it seemed to move to Thursday.

When I asked an inland member, I was told it was both days, but it does not show that way anywhere!

Could someone in the know clarify, and if it is on both days, how to register for the Friday on when is does not show on the registration form!

We just like to wine and can't make Thursday:)

Thanks

I think you would be better off sending an email to the Meet Registrar their email is just above the bottom of the page on the registration form

https://2023meet.buickclub.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/2023_BCA_Natl_Meet_Reg_Form.pdf

You will get an official answer from them instead of OPINIONS on here.

• Like 2

The wine tour was added for Friday.  All tours are now being offered both Thursday and Friday, except for the lake lunch cruise (Friday only). The registration form has been updated, but it takes a while for it to get in the Bugle due to publishing delays.  It will be in the February Bugle. 

If you want to register before then, just make a note on the registration form you have and I will enter it for Friday.

• Thanks 1

Sounds like it is being offered BOTH days. If you have a form that doesn't show it on the day you want, you can just mark it clearly and they will accommodate you. The website form should be updated within a couple of days.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 7:06 AM, TxBuicks said:

The National Buick show will not be on the West Coast for at least a few more years.

I know, I know, still working on making my only Buick reliable. This past winter has not been productive. So, zero planning at the moment.

However, I can't help but wonder who else is going that week from Alberta? Any going solo, convoys, groups? 

I am in Edmonton, a 1000 KM trip. Been asking around my area but haven't found anyone going. My wife is not even interested so she will do her own trip about that time.

I know, time is running short. Optimistic I'll progress more now that the cold has broken.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, XframeFX said:

I know, I know, still working on making my only Buick reliable. This past winter has not been productive. So, zero planning at the moment.

However, I can't help but wonder who else is going that week from Alberta? Any going solo, convoys, groups? 

I am in Edmonton, a 1000 KM trip. Been asking around my area but haven't found anyone going. My wife is not even interested so she will do her own trip about that time.

I know, time is running short. Optimistic I'll progress more now that the cold has broken.

Really hoping that it is possible for you to attend, John.  I have communicated with a couple of other Alberta Buick owners, and there was definitely interest.  A '59 LeSabre owner from, I think, Calgary will be coming, although I don't think she plans to drive.  I have also discussed with a '66 Wildcat owner in Alberta; he's interested, but I have not heard for sure whether he will attend.  . . . But it will absolutely be worth your effort to be there.  Perhaps there's a friend who can attend with you to help with the drive.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I have my room,  airline booked Monday and my registration is in the mail today...

See you there.         Rental car says Chrysler mini van so I will be an outcast. 

• Haha 1

A coupe of questions about judging at the BCA Nationals in Spokane, which I plan to attend with my '65 Riviera.  This car will be driven about 420 miles to the show.

I'm about to submit my registration form.  I'll be signing up for 400 point judging.

In addition, there is a "Driven Award" category($25 ea.  What is this for?  Is this a separate 'judged' category for cars that were not trailered to the show?  Or is the same as the "Long Distance" awards handed out at other car shows to cars driven the longest distance to get to and from the show?

I'm considering to sign up as a judge.  I have limited experience with judging, other than with mid-year Corvettes.  The printed registration form says to complete a "Judges Volunteer Form".  But I can't find any link to download that form - there's no "Search" option on the BCA website.   Anyone know where I can get a copy of this form?

Lastly, the BCA website page about the 2023 Annual Meet still says: "This site is currently under development".  A bit strange seeing as the show is only two months away?  🤔

image.png.17091679f488a7f302f7c25f10caed73.png

• Like 2

Alex, the Judges Volunteer Form is part of the protective white paper cover sheet for the print copy of the Buick Bugle.  The volunteer form is on the back side of the front cover sheet; the meet registration form is on the inside rear cover sheet.

If you receive only the electronic version of the Bugle, I am not sure how you would access that form.  But, if you would like to send me a private message here with your email address, I would be happy to send you a scan.

The Driven Award is not a long-distance award.  It is intended to recognize those cars that are driven to the National Meet, regardless of whether the car is judged or not.  I believe that this was instituted originally because there were concerns about many owners simply trailering their show cars to the National Meets.  The idea was that those who drive their Buicks to the Nationals should be honored for choosing to drive..

I'm not sure why the site still says under development.  (I'm not a member of the host chapter, but the hotel and meet events and schedule are all on the registration form.)

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 4/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, XframeFX said:

On 4/21/2023 at 10:12 AM, Centurion said:

Really hoping that it is possible for you to attend, John.  I have communicated with a couple of other Alberta Buick owners, and there was definitely interest.  A '59 LeSabre owner from, I think, Calgary will be coming, although I don't think she plans to drive.  I have also discussed with a '66 Wildcat owner in Alberta; he's interested, but I have not heard for sure whether he will attend.  . . . But it will absolutely be worth your effort to be there.  Perhaps there's a friend who can attend with you to help with the drive.

Hello fellow Albertans!

We will be attending this years show with our 57 Century from Camrose, Alberta.  We are really looking forward to this show.  The last time we attended is when it was in Portland 9 years ago.  To prepare for the journey I put on some new shoes, and did a fluid change.  What I need to do is fix my exhaust valve!!!  I am missing the stop that goes behind the plate/spring so when the spring heats up it rotates the valve to a certain point and stops in the open position.  

We are going to be leaving on the Sunday before the event and take our time driving through Montana and Idaho before arriving in Spokane on Wednesday.  I haven't explored much of Montana before, so we are really looking forward to the jouney.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone there, and we should set up a meet and greet for us Albertans or other Canadians.

Jason

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, NCReatta said:

I'm registered and leaving in a week and a half! 

My wife and I'm are driving our 1988 Reatta out. Taking about 4 weeks for the trip total. Camping in Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks. Who else is driving? 

PXL_20230415_191234643.jpg

Marck, be safe and take pictures of your camping trip!

• Like 4

Jason, Marck, and Ben, looking forward to seeing you all in Spokane. 

This one is relatively close to me -- about 300 miles, so will be driving to the meet.  Hoping to participate in a caravan that will include a '53 Special, '58 Limited, '64 Riviera, etc.  My wife and I treasure time on the road in our old Buicks.  She loves to read aloud to me while I drive, and we're already discussing the book we'll set aside for our journey.  And I'll be excited to see the roadway in front of me filled with beautiful old Buicks!

I envy you all your longer, multi-day journeys through some of the most beautiful parts of our country.  I'll be thinking about you all during your travels.

Edited by Centurion (see edit history)
  • Like 5

Still undecided which car I should take.  Always wanted to take this trip in the Super,  but its kinda crazy to not take the Electra.  At any rate I am looking forward to the adventure. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this years event.  I just can't swing the time due to work commitments right now.  I will be cancelling my reservation at the hotel later today, so there will be a room available shortly.  Going to miss seeing a bunch of you folks!

3 hours ago, dmfconsult said:

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to miss this years event.  I just can't swing the time due to work commitments right now.  I will be cancelling my reservation at the hotel later today, so there will be a room available shortly.  Going to miss seeing a bunch of you folks!

That is sad news!

• Like 1

What are the rules at national meets for cars just for display. Iv talk to people at cruisins and tell them about our National meet BCA and theysay they dont belong to the Buick club, my question can they attend and just display their car day of show or not , I dont want to tell them anythng wrong.

9 hours ago, Buick Regal GS said:

What are the rules at national meets for cars just for display. Iv talk to people at cruisins and tell them about our National meet BCA and they say they dont belong to the Buick club, my question can they attend and just display their car day of show or not , I dont want to tell them anythng wrong.

There is a non-member registration fee and the car cannot be judged, but can be display only. There is no day of show registration regardless of member or non-member.

Edited by 38Buick 80C (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We will allow Saturday morning walk-up registrations for local people if they get there before 9:00am. The policy is if they join the BCA then, we will waive the $45 registration fee and they can then enter their car and do other things members can do, with the same fees.

BCA members have had a year to register in advance and therefore have no excuse not to pre-register. If a member shows up on Saturday they will have to pay the registration fee like all other members. Please pre-register. 

Edited by TxBuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

Weather looks to be mid to high 80's up north next ten days.

Hope to see you there.

Ben

Thanks Ben. Looking forward to catching up with you. 

• Like 1

We've been traveling through said heat and storm wave. Uneventful so far though. The Reatta is purring along well and averaging between 27 and 30 MPG. 

We're in western North Dakota this morning and will be in Yellowstone tonight. Camping for a few nights there and then in to the  Tetons. 

PXL_20230702_142918177.jpg

• Like 8

9 hours ago, NCReatta said:

We've been traveling through said heat and storm wave. Uneventful so far though. The Reatta is purring along well and averaging between 27 and 30 MPG. 

We're in western North Dakota this morning and will be in Yellowstone tonight. Camping for a few nights there and then in to the  Tetons. 

PXL_20230702_142918177.jpg

Where do you put camping gear in the Reatta?

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, NCReatta said:

The Reatta is purring along well and averaging between 27 and 30 MPG. 

Hard to find fault with that -- not bad for a 30 year-old car!  ;)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 8:11 PM, JohnD1956 said:

Its getting close to departure day for me. Getting a bit anxious, and a bit worried things wont go smoothly. Sure hope that mid west heat and storm wave disappear. 

maybe i missed it but what did you decide to drive jd

• Haha 2