How about a picture of YOU with a car?

victorialynn2

1 hour ago, PFindlay said:

Ok, I'm in ....

1963 ... the family with our 1927 Auburn, two years after dad bought it from the original owner.  I'm on the left.

1978 ... delivering my bride to our wedding.  My siblings did likewise in the 70s.

2017 ... Taking Dad for his last ride in this car.  He and the Auburn were both registered in December, 1926.

2017 ...  taking my grandkids in a parade,.  Same car, same jackets.

2019 ... some things don't change: same wife, same car.

1963.jpg

1978.jpg

2017.jpg

2017b.jpg

2019.JPG

In the first picture, I'm the tall, good looking young guy in the middle! I'll post a few more current ones later

Ken

• Like 1

I have absolutely no pictures of myself with cars. Here's a picture of my daughter and me from a couple of years ago, though...and I'm wearing a shirt with pictures of motorcycles on it. Also included is a picture of my wife and me in Denmark this year (25th anniversary.)

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0175.JPG

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, John Byrd said:

OK Victorialyn2, here is Karen and I with our 55 Studebaker..... the 63 Mini has flames, so it might get boo'd off this group, ha !

DSCN0565 - Copy.JPG

No boos from me!

Lots of great pics. I’m out of “likes” for today according to the forum. 

I think this is my all my all time favorite thread. Love seeing pics of all y’all. Thanks for your posts. :)

• Like 2

The first picture is me in 1974. I had borrowed my friends 1911 White 40hp for a car run. After that I had to have a brass car!

The second pic is me working on my 34 Dodge convert. in about 1976. I had just got it. the 3rd pic is the Dodge in 1985 on the set of the movie Natti Gann. Still have the Dodge and it looks the same!

The 4th pic is my 12 Oakland 40 that I restored from junk from 1976 to1987. We were on tour in about 2007.

The last picture is from this summer. I'm standing in front of my 1914 Premier 6cyl. Big, powerful car. A real hoot to drive.

Still have all those cars and maybe a few more!

Ken

1911 WHITE circa 1974 Easter.jpg

Findaly Family015.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-13.jpg

385-IMG_9448.JPG

!cid_E9F3FF1D6174406E9F4A15C752E5A882@BFI41TY0 (2).jpg

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Ron Green said:

Out for a swim and a drive while visiting some Amphicar friends in New York a few years ago. Wife can’t swim but has tolerated the hobby for 30 plus years. She is much more at ease cruising in the 55 Pontiac.  

Now that is a boat house!

16 minutes ago, Ron Green said:

Out for a swim and a drive while visiting some Amphicar friends in New York a few years ago. Wife can’t swim but has tolerated the hobby for 30 plus years. She is much more at ease cruising in the 55 Pontiac.  

Swiming around one of the many islands.jpg

Ron & Val swiming over to the Boldt yacht house.jpg

For those who have never done a Thousand Island cruise, it's a great experience.Make sure you go for the optional Boldt Castle stop. The second picture shows the castle BOAT House ! The castle and it's story is very interesting.

Jim

• Like 8

57 minutes ago, alsancle said:

And if we are doing boat pictures,   I need to give this thing away to a good home.

image.png.1448959ed2de145c0e78a93e9155fb7c.png

What was it Joan Rivers would say, "Can we talk?"

It sure would look good being towed behind my red 1958 Buick Special convertible...

I have a picture, buts it’s not digital, plus I would have to find it, of me and my dads 23’ T Martin & Parry bodied delivery hack that I restored along with my sister and her boyfriend back in 75’ when I was 14. I was already a pretty accomplished wood wood worker if you can believe that. I totally rebuilt all the lower body, the roof uprights, the turned ornamental spindles, making all the wood myself with the help of a carpenter friend who let me use his shop and mortising set up on an old drill press. I’ll have to look for that picture as I used to take my girlfriend and first wife riding in it all the time. 

As what happens with most of us, family and priorities get involved so the car hobby faded. My dad passed young at 55 and my mom closed our family business. She sold the T to a beverage distribution company and I haven’t seen it since. Three kids, one divorce, and 15 years later, married my second wife. Second time is a charm and Michelle is not one of those who needs things immediately so together working hard, we’ve done better than many with my ability to work many jobs at one time, bringing in money from all angles and her managing it all while working full time herself. We celebrated our 20th this year and have virtually no debt which is ideal when you like to indulge in our hobby. I enjoy doing full frame off, 100% OEM restorations and we all know the costs of doing them. 

What got me started back restoring cars was I was driving for my job, retired M1009 Chevy military diesel blazers as they were cheap, I could make my own bio diesel, and the 4wd was perfect for our New England winters. When they rotted out too bad, I’d simply buy another for $1,500-2000 and keep going. I was driving 40-50,000 miles a year so no one can tell me those 6.2 diesels are junk because I know better. Well, I found a like mint 83’ body/chassis with only 26k on it, so I put it in the garage to fix up one day for another work truck. I also got a rotted out, full optioned Jimmy, that had all the creature comforts I could install in the 83’ body. After having the 83’ in the garage for 6 years or so my very organized wife laid the law down telling me to get the “damn thing” put together. Well, she awakened the restoration guy in me, so I bought a rotisserie and a 48” blast cabinet. In about a years time it was finished. When she realized that the blazer could be a convertible, she asked if there were rag tops available. When I said there were, she said I needed to get one along with some nice wheels and tires! Got to love her! By the way, I was “told” that our new blazer was too nice for me to drive for work so it became her summer/beach going truck with the top left down most all of summer. She tells me the truck is a “man magnet” as guys are always coming up to her asking about it. I tell her “honey, I guess it has nothing to do with a very attractive woman driving it”!

Then it I bought my 31’ Chevy and did a frame off. Then people started hiring me todo things on their cars and then I found my Olds kind of by chance, did a four year, 100% OEM restoration, and that car has really gotten a ton of interest since it’s first show in Hershey this year.

my 31’ is the two tone brown one, next to another 31’ I restored 

my blazer roof less but finished 

my soul mate and our 32’ Olds 

my blazer, half restored, that’s responsible for getting me back into this hobby.

720043BC-A3F0-402C-B97C-A8ACF139F21D.jpeg

269557A2-AA85-4FF7-96A6-5B2C680DC06B.jpeg

05F83F7E-9188-458C-AC2E-753590883B87.jpeg

B52F6C44-569D-408F-9A45-4D6E4294A3E5.jpeg

• Like 6

First one in my '73 GS Stage1 Sun Coupe at Lime Rock this year getting its Best in Class trophy at this years Lime Rock Park Sunday in the Park Concours. 

Second one is from a photo shoot for an upcoming article scheduled for April 2020 in Muscle Car Review for my '73 GS Stage1 Four speed.

70510232_10157218122444003_2978179354393051136_n.jpg

thumbnail-5.jpeg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

No boos from me!

Lots of great pics. I’m out of “likes” for today according to the forum. 

I think this is my all my all time favorite thread. Love seeing pics of all y’all. Thanks for your posts. :)

You hit a Grand Slam Home Run for our Home Team here,  Vic' ! What a fun topic !    -   Carl 

• Thanks 1

The 49 Ford F3 pickup came out of the last barn within the Chicago city limits and was a frame off restoration. I drove it twice then sold it because my back arthritis was cutting off the nerves in my legs and the cab was so cramped I was afraid I couldn’t get to the brake pedal. The  38 Studebaker was in a barn in PA for 42 years. Original paint, rebuilt mechanicals. I took it to the Indy track a few years ago. Ran 20 laps and never lifted!  

Thanks VL2 great thread. 

31E77C99-438B-405E-962A-C14681F1C41D.jpeg

A3FFCE6C-BDFE-432A-942E-A5D2B90F5FDE.jpeg

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)
  • Like 4

My wife and I, hamming it up with the 57 Corvette basket case I dragged home in 1981.

6367166115_0bf5cdce94_b.jpg

About 4 years later, me and my oldest daughter, enjoying one of our first drives in the Corvette.

It was the first car I "restored". I've learned a lot since then....

6367165935_203988591f_b.jpg

These were taken in about 1988, when my youngest was about 4 years old. Sold the Corvette in 1991; I would like to have that one back...

6367165699_2d8eb7e012_b.jpg

• Like 3

@SC38DLS You are welcome and you get extra bonus points for including the pup in your pic. 👍

@95Cardinal My dad started collecting Corvettes when I wasn’t much bigger than your daughter in that pic. I have a special affinity for them, especially the C1’s. Wish I could get the ‘58 back, so I understand your loss. Thanks for restoring that beautiful ‘57!