Misc humor and interesting videos

21 hours ago, padgett said:

" using two combination wrenches for more leverage" I just drop a nut in the joined box ends.

But one box end is already on the nut/bolt to be turned. This leaves one box and one open end at the intersection of the two wrenches, since two open ends do not mate at all.....🤔

The IRS Audit..

If you've ever owned your own business, been an entrepreneur, or wondered what it's like doing so, this is as close to reality as it gets.

The IRS suspected a fishing boat owner wasn't paying proper wages to his Deckhand and sent an agent to investigate him.

IRS  AUDITOR: “I need a list of your employees and how much you pay them".

Boat  Owner: “Well, there's Clarence, my deckhand, he's been with me for 3 years. I pay him $1,000 a week plus free room and board.  Then there's the mentally challenged guy. He works about 18 hours every day and does about 90% of the work around here. He makes about $10 per week, pays his own room and board, and I buy him a bottle of Bacardi rum and a dozen Budweisers every Saturday night so he can cope with life. He also gets to sleep with my wife occasionally".

IRS AUDITOR:   “That's the guy I want to talk to - the mentally challenged one".

Boat Owner:   “That would be me. What would you like to know”?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

But one box end is already on the nut/bolt to be turned. This leaves one box and one open end at the intersection of the two wrenches, since two open ends do not mate at all.....🤔

This American spanner talk has left me a little confused, Guys.

'Box End' is possibly an Aussie 'ring spanner', closed circle at each end.

Open ender is of course the one you use to round off nuts.

'Flare nut wrench'?  Could it be an injector spanner, a ring spanner with a cut-out to slip over the injector pipe?

And what do you call your sockets? Umm, those individual short round tube spanners with a square shaft drive. The back-bone of the tool-box.

To lengthen a spanner, standard practice would be to use a ring/open-ender, with another ring spanner hooked into the open ender. Which is, no doubt, what you guys said, but the terminology left me behind. And thank you for your patience with us Aliens.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

Box End' is possibly an Aussie 'ring spanner', closed circle at each end.

Open ender is of course the one you use to round off nuts.

'Flare nut wrench'?  Could it be an injector spanner, a ring spanner with a cut-out to slip over the injector pipe?

Yes to all of that. The flare nut wrench might also be called a tubing wrench.

4 hours ago, Bush Mechanic said:

And what do you call your sockets? Umm, those individual short round tube spanners with a square shaft drive. The back-bone of the tool-box.

Six point sockets and 12 point sockets. 12 point sockets are used for rounding off nuts. Nobody knows why they are still made. Tool kits usually come with an abundance of them. 6 point sockets are used for taking things apart.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, padgett said:

Pulease, you have never done this ?

2wrenches.jpg

As stated in my post above. 

'To lengthen a spanner, standard practice would be to use a ring/open-ender, with another ring spanner hooked into the open ender. Which is, no doubt, what you guys said, but the terminology left me behind'.

It seems my terminology also left you behind, Mr. Padgett. I'm well aware that us Aussies speak differently, and that our humour and irony is often completely missed on the US forums, but the cultural differences help to keep it interesting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• gwells changed the title to Misc humor and interesting videos
On 9/16/2020 at 7:46 PM, padgett said:

Pulease, you have never done this ?

2wrenches.jpg

I sure wouldn’t do that with cheap Chinese tools! Snap On! 👍

On 9/16/2020 at 6:36 PM, Bush Mechanic said:

To lengthen a spanner, standard practice would be to use a ring/open-ender, with another ring spanner hooked into the open ender. Which is, no doubt, what you guys said, but the terminology left me behind. And thank you for your patience with us Aliens.

That's it! You passed your American English as a second language test!  😉  Just like Padgett's picture.

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

I sure wouldn’t do that with cheap Chinese tools!

Works just fine.....  China, India, Taiwan, Japan, Germany, Canada (Snap On sockets), Britain (King Dick Tools!😁) and the USA are all represented in my tool boxes.

• Like 1

If this doesn't touch your heart, then you just don't have one.  This is an incredible story of luck Happiness and inspiration!

Can you believe it? This guy, Ade Bufford Taylor, wins $181 million in the lottery last  
            Wednesday, and then finds the love of his life just 2 days later!

image.png.b2096e56218792dff837416fd0262e40.png

• Haha 1