1 hour ago, wayne sheldon said:

I believe that by law, he needs a red flag on the back of that!

The local Constabulary probably doesn't want to get near it. 

55 minutes ago, Jim Bollman said:

Better lock up that cheap car you bought so no one steals it.

image007.jpg

We laugh but I remember seeing things just like that in the distant past.  Usually on cars packed to the roof with junk(or at least I called it junk)

An hour go, billorn said "a few guys will get this."

I think it took me about one eighth of a second. It had only scrolled about halfway up from the bottom before I started laughing!

I think a LOT of people here will get that one!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
7 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

An hour go, billorn said "a few guys will get this."

I think it took me about one eighth of a second. It had only scrolled about halfway up from the bottom before I started laughing!

I think a LOT of people here will get that one!

Except that the "tires" were the same color as everything else on the sprue.

Cheers,

Grog

13 hours ago, billorn said:

86400071.jpg

Our mower looks like that,  but it was after the wife put it behind her truck and accidentally ran it over,  that it got customized.

Sounds like something Amazon would do - just ordered a 33 mm and got a 30 mm.

1 hour ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

I wanna see the breaker bar for that one!

3/4" drive.  I've got a breaker bar and rachet for it, along with a set of 'large' SAE sockets.  Big boy toys.

170mm is about 6 3/4", looks like smaller tools around it but if 1/4" long extension is 6" that would be about right. Wonder what it is for. Heavy equipment ? Really heavy equipment ?

Lessee, the price difference between a 17mm socket and 170mm is about a large....

14 minutes ago, auburnseeker said:

And you were all wondering what that socket was used for.  Probably lug nuts on the truck. 

We use those for the nut on the inside of hydraulic cylinders for payloaders.

I think there is one on the bottom of my 80 foot boom lift like that.  I think the only wrench I had that fit it was a big pipe wrench.  Fortunately we didn't have to tighten it much as it seemed to be some kind of a huge plug with an O ring on it.

7 hours ago, Jim Bollman said:

Oops

Oops-Flatcar.jpg

At an iron ore mine workshop that I was visiting in Western Australia, there were three crushed Toyota Landcruisers in the rubbish tip. The foreman told us that once one mechanic had reversed out of a service bay over a Landcruiser, they all wanted to try it. The boss came down and put a stop to it after three vehicles were crushed. 'Accidents happen, boss'. OK, OK, you've had your fun, no more squashing of vehicles! Incidentally, there was a brand new Lancruiser deisel engine in that tip, as well. They had needed an injector pump, so took it off the spare engine in the store, and dumped the rest of the engine. Apparently that sort of waste is not uncommon in the mining industry here.

Think the biggest socket I have is 38mm and is plenty. Biggest one I've needed was 36mm for the front axle nut on a Reatta. Largest wrench is a 1 5/16" I like 2 seaters.

Back in the '60s AF had a habit of dumping surplus stuff in the ocean off Ascension island (AFETR tracking site). Keep the blackfish happy. Wonder if the deuce and a half is still on top of Green Mountain ?