Misc humor and interesting videos

20 hours ago, Mark Gregory said:

If this doesn't touch your heart, then you just don't have one.  This is an incredible story of luck Happiness and inspiration!

Can you believe it? This guy, Ade Bufford Taylor, wins $181 million in the lottery last  
            Wednesday, and then finds the love of his life just 2 days later!

image.png.b2096e56218792dff837416fd0262e40.png

Ironic ain't it?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, padgett said:

Jabberwocky ?

Nope, Monty Python!  Monty Python and the Holy Grail. A great movie.

"Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?"

"What, a swallow carrying a coconut?"  

57 minutes ago, Jim Bollman said:

FutureClassic.jpg

I don't disagree with this, but didn't a great many people say exactly that about each era's garden-variety cars? I have a 1933 Chevy sedan in my showroom that's just lovely, but if someone in, say, 1958 pulled it out of a shed, I don't think they'd feel as if they found some kind of jewel in the rough. Weren't there guys in this very club who wondered what kind of idiot could possibly want to collect a 1957 Ford or--ugh--a 1967 Camaro? Every era has its adherents and detractors and who's to say what will be collectable in the future? I suspect that when it comes to cars full of electronics, the only ones that will be collectable will be the ones that still run, because in 40 years, all those electronic bits are going to stop working and will not be replaceable. 

Also, to get back on topic, 

86396252.jpg

• Like 1

I don't know if this will paste...but there's a scary clip of 2 guys with beers in their hands teaching someone to drive a tractor:

Don't know how to bleep the swear words when it all goes wrong...

118775953_803861197025862_75424753944207

To save you from the calamity part: bloke in bucket(Driving Instructor) shouts instructions - Operator takes off slow - Driving Instructor yells something -Operator speeds up - confusion between throttle & brake ensues - @&%^!, @*(#%^! - tractor goes over an embankment - D.I. gets catapulted into space as tractor nosedives down 10-foot embankment.

source: Northern Ireland, possibly

Edited by jeff_a (see edit history)

4 hours ago, jeff_a said:

I don't know if this will paste...but there's a scary clip of 2 guys with beers in their hands teaching someone to drive a tractor:

Don't know how to bleep the swear words when it all goes wrong...

118775953_803861197025862_75424753944207

To save you from the calamity part: bloke in bucket shouts instructions - Operator takes off slow - Driving Instructor yells something -Operator speeds up - confusion between throttle & brake ensues - @&%^!, @*(#%^! - tractor goes over an embankment - D.I. gets catapulted into space as tractor nosedives down 10-foot embankment.

I was able to find the video on line, and it looks like the guy riding in the implement behind the driver (appears to be a teen aged girl) was thrown forward over the tractor, directly in the path of the out of control tractor.  This may have ended very badly indeed, but I hope everyone is O.K.

Regards,

Grog

WILL ROGERS
Will Rogers, who died in a 1935 plane crash in Alaska with bush pilot Wiley Post, was one of the greatest political country/cowboy sages this country has ever known. Some of his sayings:
1. Never slap a man who's chewing tobacco.
2. Never kick a cow chip on a hot day.
3. There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
4. Never miss a good chance to shut up.
5. Always drink upstream from the herd.
6. If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging.
7. The quickest way to double your money is to fold it and put it back into your pocket.
8. There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves.
9. Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
10. If you're riding' ahead of the herd, take a look back every now and then to make sure it's still there.
11. Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier'n puttin' it back.
12. After eating an entire bull, a mountain lion felt so good he started roaring. He kept it up until a hunter came along and shot him.
The moral: When you're full of bull, keep your mouth shut.
ABOUT GROWING OLDER..
First ~ Eventually you will reach a point when you stop lying about your age and start bragging about it.
Second ~ The older we get, the fewer things seem worth waiting in line for.
Third ~ Some people try to turn back their odometers. Not me; I want people to know 'why' I look this way. I've traveled a long way, and some of the roads weren't paved.
Fourth ~ When you are dissatisfied and would like to go back to youth, think of Algebra.
Fifth ~ You know you are getting old when everything either dries up or leaks.
Sixth ~ I don't know how I got over the hill without getting to the top.
Seventh ~ One of the many things no one tells you about aging is that it's such a nice change from being young.
Eighth ~ One must wait until evening to see how splendid the day has been.
Ninth ~ Being young is beautiful, but being old is comfortable and relaxed.
Tenth ~ Long ago, when men cursed and beat the ground with sticks, it was called witchcraft. Today it's called golf.
And, finally ~ If you don't learn to laugh at trouble, you won't have anything to laugh at when you're old.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2