Misc humor and interesting videos

4 hours ago, Frank DuVal said:

The arrows began about 10 years ago. Why, after over 100 years of production, I do not know!

Probably because of the "dumbing down of todays youth". Most don't even have enough common sense to raise the hood on a car much less knowing what to look for under there !

That's not a "Crescent Wrench", it is a Universal Metric Wrench! We would say back in the 70s.😁

I bought the Harbor Freight large, bigger than 2", 3/4" drive socket sets both in Inch and Metric. Amazing how many times I need a socket larger than 1 1/2".😉

Of course they also work good on the hydraulic press for bushings/bearings/seals. I do not see them listed anymore.

• Like 3

I actually have an adjustable crescent type wrench that is marked as 200mm. I have a nice selection of adjustable wrenches but almost never use them on a nut or bolt. I believe in using real wrenches when possible. Probably should say what we use to call them back in the day, not politically correct these days.

On 11/15/2020 at 9:08 PM, gossp said:

that guy has “no regerts” printed on his other arm. 

Ha, I saw this post last week and thought to myself "what kind of dumbass would get this tattoo".  Today, I actually looked at the picture and now I'm like how did I miss this ?  It's funnier the more you look at it.

Edited by Morgansdad
spelling (see edit history)

44 minutes ago, bdc said:

I have no problem with with EV's, but I do have a problem with the government picking winners & losers. Let the market dictate what it wants/ needs. None of these vehicles would of seen the time of day without huge subsidies. 

So you are in favor of removing the billions of dollars of subsidies that the petroleum industry gets? Apparently in 2017 the US gave $649 Billion in subsidies to the petroleum industry.

25 minutes ago, oldcarfudd said:

My stepdaughter has had a Volt for several years and loves it.  She's a schoolteacher and commutes in the Volt.  She plugs it in whenever she's home.  She almost never uses gasoline, but it's there when she needs it.

We have a Prius Prime, the Toyota competitor to the Volt. We have been averaging 80 MPG in it (total miles divided by total gallons). It seems to get about 57 MPG on the highway the way I drive it and the reason why the total MPG is higher is because we don’t use any gas around town. You could say that we should count the cost of electricity on the around town portion. But we switched to “time of use” billing when we got the car and our electrical bill actually went down so I consider the electric miles to be pretty much free.

I am not a fan of electric vehicles no matter the make. I don't believe enough have been sold or are old enough to really weigh the savings from them. I have always been a believer that every person has their own choice for what they drive. I'll get in my 8 mile to the gallon big block Corvette as quickly as my 25 mile to the gallon  Crown vic.  But, otoh, I just love my '29 model A.

Edited by Morgansdad
punctuation (see edit history)
  • Like 1

What do you get when you put a car and a pet together ?

Carpet!    LOL   Back to humor!

An Irish priest and a Rabbi get into a car accident. They both get out of their cars and stumble over to the side of the road. The Rabbi looks at the smashed cars and says, "Oy vey! What a wreck, what a wreck!"

The priest asks him, "Are you all right, Rabbi?"

The Rabbi responds, "Just a little shaken."

The priest pulls a flask of whiskey from his coat and says, "Here, drink some of this. It will calm your nerves." The Rabbi takes a swig and shakes his head ruefully, still looking at the cars. They are severely damaged. "Oh, but this will be sooo expensive!" he says.

"Yeah, well, it's just money, rabbi. Have another swig; in fact you can drink the whole bottle if you like." 

The rabbi nods and drinks most of the bottle, never taking his eyes off the broken cars. Then he turns to the priest and says, "What are we going to tell the police?"

"Well," the priest says, "I don't know what you're going to be telling them. But I'll be telling them I wasn't the one drinking."

On 11/29/2020 at 4:34 PM, ply33 said:

So you are in favor of removing the billions of dollars of subsidies that the petroleum industry gets? Apparently in 2017 the US gave $649 Billion in subsidies to the petroleum industry.

We have a Prius Prime, the Toyota competitor to the Volt. We have been averaging 80 MPG in it (total miles divided by total gallons). It seems to get about 57 MPG on the highway the way I drive it and the reason why the total MPG is higher is because we don’t use any gas around town. You could say that we should count the cost of electricity on the around town portion. But we switched to “time of use” billing when we got the car and our electrical bill actually went down so I consider the electric miles to be pretty much free.

80 mpg? Wow what a gain we made in the last 25 years. In the late 90's Volkswagen offered the Lupo in western Europe and it was called a 3 liter car: it uses 3 litres of diesel in 100 kilometers. That's the equivalent of 77 mpg in a production car in the last century. No hybrid or anything. We have made no progress in 25 years.

The same is true for the airline industry. We are still flying in big aluminum tubes? You are telling me that nobody could of came up with something better in the last 90 years?? I beg to differ...

43 minutes ago, SC38DLS said:

Do you think the roof air deflector is really going to do any good?  I’m surprised the back of the van isn’t an opening into the shed too. 
LOL 

There seems to be something fabricated between the van body and the shed. Maybe a crawl through for access?