Misc humor and interesting videos

46 minutes ago, 28 Chrysler said:

I almost posted this on the thread for cars converted to hay wagons etc.

This truck was converted to a two seater, semi soft top, mid engine, three wheeler, propane powered with bullet headlights 

I sure hope the guy wasn't hurt in the accident or that they aren't using that Freon jug to put propane in. 

Edited by Fossil (see edit history)

Notice how the umbrella is saggy between the ribs as it pushes through the wind.  If the leaf blower air was being deflected rearward by the umbrella, the sail would be full.  Also the initial movement was a jerk not a gradual start.

• Like 1

On 10/28/2020 at 10:43 AM, Mark Gregory said:

HERE IS VIDEO OF A MAN USING A SLOP BUCKET AND LEAF BLOWER AND UMBRELLA GOING DOWN THE STREET

Probably an electric skateboard under there, but who cares? I just like his style.

In high school I had a classmate with the family Nova and had a flat. So he proceeded to place the bumper jack hook in front of the rear wheel. Yep, crushed up the quarter panel.😲

Matt's picture, yes, I bought a 2 foot flex head Snap On ratchet (used) just for that reason. Rusty fasteners give up with the force. Especially suspension hardware here in the rusty east. Wonderful!!!!!   Soak with Acetone/ATF mix and apply 24" breaker bar or ratchet. 

1 minute ago, Frank DuVal said:

Matt's picture, yes, I bought a 2 foot flex head Snap On ratchet (used) just for that reason. Rusty fasteners give up with the force. Especially suspension hardware here in the rusty east. Wonderful!!!!!   Soak with Acetone/ATF mix and apply 24" breaker bar or ratchet. 

Except with the big breaker bars, you often end up with"Hey, this is turning easier than I expected... Oh no, it's turning too easily!" and then the bolt shears off.

Then liquification is your only option.

• Thanks 1

You get a feel for what's happening. If it is a through bolt, snapping it off is a reasonable end, just put new nut/bolt in. 😉

Much better control than short ratchets, where you are really leaning into the problem, then, oops.

I use the torch to heat and then quench with water to crush the internal rust. I never liked trying to remove red fasteners. They usually just drip away.... onto me!😲

3 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

What I don't really understand is 1. Why would you memorialize this for posterity, and 2. why if you do that,  that you would ever let anyone know you did it.  I would say a Rhino did it or something...

While not speaking for Matt, it's always useful to be reminded that something like that shown in the photo could happen to the careless (who would become carless while the damage is being fixed in the body shop).  If I had pierced the door with a forklift, I'd have blamed the local rhino; however, the damage shown is more akin to that suffered when a pair of rutting alligators take their lust beneath the nearest car.

5 hours ago, Fossil said:

The above photo makes me sick sick to my stomach. I don't know what I would do it that happened to me. 

I agree, but it would have been more sickening had anyone been under the car when the jack "disconnect" occurred.  I trust that didn't happen in this case.

Cheers,

Grog

• Like 1