Alsancle- AKA- AJ & Little Al has a new ride.

edinmass

I suppose it was inevitable that it was going to happen. As the sun rises every morning, and sets every evening, old people must get an RV and drive to Florida. Too bad Chevy Chase couldn't shoot a reality show like the Griswold Family Vacation Movie. It sure would be fun to know what's going on in the RV with the whole clan in it........I figure his blood pressure will be 290 over 175 in the first ten miles. 😜

Funniest or most obnoxious commenter get's to drive one of my cars when you visit Florida. Let them rip.......

IMG_5769.PNG

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

This song is what keeps running through my head when I look at the photo of that RV.........and the film to match it....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

That's an awful lot of coach behind that rear axle, all that back end will have a pretty substantial swing when making turns.

Any bets on if AJ takes a corner off the rear end before he gets there?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I pin striped it myself with a single hair brush.............................. you just need patience , a foot stool to stand on, 36 3/4 gallons of paint and 4 lbs. of Mother Fletcher's fatcha matta cheese to snack on while doing the job.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, zepher said:

That's an awful lot of coach behind that rear axle, all that back end will have a pretty substantial swing when making turns.

That overhang is all the better for doing wheelies, especially if Ed is in the back end.....

• Haha 3

My son's neighbor bought a similar sized traditional motor home brand new about 5 years ago in early June for a long holiday trip. Backing it into his driveway on the first day of ownership, he clipped a power pole with passenger rear corner causing $5000-$10,000 damage and the unit spent the rest of the summer back at factory being repaired. He soon realized shortly driving these was not for amateurs. I have envy for those brave enough and clever enough to drive one.

Anyone taking bets when AJ's van looks like this? It's only a mater of time and some martini's..........

What Happens When Idiots Try To Drive RVs In Places RVs Can't Drive

1-photo-u1-2.jpeg

1-photo-u1-1.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he had a brain in his head, he would have bought one of these two………….inside joke.😏

9359B091-166A-4971-8E6E-70532BCEF5D1.png

AA4B5ACC-B999-4F77-90ED-000AC890DC70.png

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

Anyone taking bets when AJ's van looks like this? It's only a mater of time and some martini's..........

What Happens When Idiots Try To Drive RVs In Places RVs Can't Drive

I don't know if any of you have looked at this: 

11 FOOT 8 - The Canopener Bridge

- Hours of fun watching the videos....
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

This song is what keeps running through my head when I look at the photo of that RV.........and the film to match it....

That's weird, for some reason I imagined it different. 

Not sure which one is AJ and which one is Ed

My mistake,,,,, wrong movie ;) 

See the source image

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pkhammer said:

This just in!!!! Photo of Ed in the Minnie!

My magic powers come from my crown royal - Misc - quickmeme

A word of caution about such beverages and the overhead sleeper. Be sure the person doesn’t have a small bladder and poor depth perception. Not that I witnessed anyone get injured or embarrassed! 😀

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BobinVirginia said:

A word of caution about such beverages and the overhead sleeper. Be sure the person doesn’t have a small bladder and poor depth perception. Not that I witnessed anyone get injured or embarrassed! 😀

Or a stubby faucet....  🙂

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, BobinVirginia said:

Another good camper tip. Beware of the crapper drain location on the back overhang. Knocking that off in a bad spot is definitely not fun and embarrassing! 😂🤣

Not funny.  I did that once...thankfully with an empty tank.  Relatively inexpensive and easy repair, but still, you're laying on your back under the damn thing, playing with poopy pipes. :(

• Haha 5

15 hours ago, zepher said:

Yes, And I wouldn't be comfortable with that angle of rake  Looks to be a bit overloaded at the rear.  Stand back at look at that angle from the side.

Thus, too light at the front axle.  May not be stable at interstate speeds, in a cross-wind.   I have driven some trucks, loaded like that. Not a fun ride. 

And heavier springs may not give you a better feeling of safety.  

6 hours ago, George Cole said:

Not funny.  I did that once...thankfully with an empty tank.  Relatively inexpensive and easy repair, but still, you're laying on your back under the damn thing, playing with poopy pipes. :(

Back in the 70’s at the Hershey Fall Meet, there were a few kids/people that loved to pull the plugs on the RV tanks and let them drain on the field for the obvious offensive effect. It seemed to taper off by the early 80’s………..it was the main reason I never bought a RV for the fall meet.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2