Alsancle- AKA- AJ & Little Al has a new ride.

edinmass

19 hours ago, John Byrd said:

Like zepher says, that sure is long behind the axle, so my comment would be "if the front tires are bouncing off  the ground, don't knock".. and somehow the name "Conquest" gave rise to that comment, ha !

It's not a motor home, are-vee, or conquest, it's a Winnebago, to honor the original make popularizing these palaces on wheels, eh? Winnies have a few competitors now, but they're of no consequence.

Not all Cousin Eddies in RV's going to Florida.   We spent 32 years in two class A's getting out of Florida towing antique

cars all over the country for tours.   Seeing the USA on back roads at 45 MPH.   The GMC "Urban Assault Vehicle" was a

great coach but lacked  towing power in the mountains.   The Airstream with a Cummins Turbo Diesel pusher was much

better for towing.   Unlike Motels, the bedding in our couches were never used for DNA evidence in any trials.   We travelled

with our 2 dogs and shared campgrounds with many AACA tourists.

With close to 2000 nights in The Roadhouse I & II, we saw the funny side of American RVer's and in my yet unpublished book,

Geezernapped, my notes of funny RVer's behavior came in real handy.

The part that kept me up at night, was thany any old fart with a checkbook and a driver's license could go to the RV dealer

and buy a 45 foot 60,000 lb. coach and hit the road.   No driving requirements like a CDL testing or permits.  

Just sold the second one due to my bad knee replacements.   But, we miss it.  Will try the hotel thing again on this years 2022

Glidden Tour.

Happy Motoring 

GMC Roadhouse.jpg

IMG_0508.JPG

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DLynskey said:

I'm afraid this one would be closer to my price range.

502732972_RedneckMotorHome.jpg.c27ac60bdbdc65f532e25885b299b8fc.jpg

Don

Those Spartan trailers ware quite collectable,

I quote your by line often,, thanks

9 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

Just sold the second one due to my bad knee replacements. 

Paul I feel your pain.  Just sold  RV #3 a year ago.  At 82 wife wouldn't ride with me any more althouhg i never gad a accident or a ticket in all those years.  Started in 1983 with a 26 ft  followed by a 33 ft Airstream on 90;  It was gas 454 with a full Banks set up including headers along with a gear vendor. I put over 75 K miles on it towing Cadillacs to shows and Concours all over the country along with swap meets, vacations and Antique shows.  There is something you can't describe about pulling into Hershey, Pate, Chickasaw or the Indy 500 with you home on wheels until you have been there.   In 94 I moved up to a 38 ft Diesel Pusher.  When hooked to my 22 ft enclosed trailer It got a little long.  On the positive side I don't have to fill up the 150 gal diesel tank any more!! You meet the same quality people in the RV world as you do in the car hobby,

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/9/2022 at 11:52 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

the bedding in our couches were never used for DNA evidence in any trials.

Watched a crime documentary where the forensic team took 42 different semen samples off a motel bedspread . Always take down the bed spread before sitting on it now and bring your own pillow and extra blanket.   

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 10:01 AM, 1937hd45 said:

How is the ride compared to a 24 foot Ryder rental box truck? 

Bob,  I've owned gokarts with a softer ride.   However, when traveling with a 97 year old guy it has served its purpose.

Btw, when traveling with my little brother,  you sit back and relax.  He can drive 16 hours a day no problem on his own.  I don't interfere.

The comments on the design of the back overhang are dead on.   You need to be very aware of changes in grade that might take everything hanging off the back.

• Like 1

Both casters and skid plates are available.   Your choice,.   My choice would be a chassis built for the motor home, not a motor home on a truck chassis.

Some diesel pushers are on bus chassis, at least built to carry people and that noisy engine is 30 feet behind you an under the bed..   

11 hours ago, SC38dls said:

A J is the rumor true you are heading to Florida to park the camper on the property next to Ed’s house where you plan to shoot out the tires and make it your winter home?  
dave s 

Not too many RV’s in my neighborhood………and I’m fairly certain I own the only Ford. It’s mostly the Bentley, BMW, and Alfa crowd. I’m sure we can put AJ up in the museum parking lot………..and he can work off the rent.

• Haha 1

The drive home isn't till next week........more entertainment to follow, as AJ is coming to Palm Beach tonight........😏

Aj with his first ride.......fortunately it was powered by gravity. Sure was a cute kid...........wonder what happened? 😏

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Yes, Ed was looking for someone to pay for dinner tonight.

Another happy meal where you keep the prize again? 

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

Aj with his first ride.......fortunately it was powered by gravity. Sure was a cute kid...........wonder what happened? 😏

image.jpeg

Massachusetts State champ baby!

And as opposed to most of the other kids, I designed and built that thing myself.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, alsancle said:

Massachusetts State champ baby!

First in a class of one? 😏 Most of your friends tell me you have NO class.........just saying.

• Haha 1

No Tripe! What kind of hole-in-the-wall dump doesn't serve tripe!! Your dinner date looks a bit bewildered looking at his plate. Did he find a hair? Is that a cockroach I see in the background chewing on a antacid tablet?

• Haha 1

AJ has three pet goats for about seven years…….which keeps him from doing more car stuff…….I keep offering to eat them, but no go so far. We took the Stearns for a drive in the dark around Palm Beach tonight……..guessing it’s the first time in 70 years a Stearns Knight eight has been driven in the total darkness. It was the first sorted drive AJ has had in the car and we got it up to a nice 60 mph cruise on surface roads. Longer drive tomorrow………I’m sure he will post a photo or two going down the road……..

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Yum yum. Pass the hot sauce. Notice the goat shed that costs as much as a two car garage…….I bet it has heat and AC? Am I right AJ?

Just now, SC38dls said:

That is one butt ugly goat!  

dave s 

If you think the goat is ugly, you should see the sheep he dated in high school……….. 🐑 💨 💩 

• Haha 2