Does your classic have a personalized license plate ?

PONTIAC1953

We can’t get personalized plates on collectors car registration (US$60 for 45 days including injury insurance)

One of the last things I worked on was on our states personalised plates website, https://vplates.com.au/browse-styles 

whats good is that we have different size plates to fit euro, Japanese or us cars

2 hours ago, hidden_hunter said:

We can’t get personalized plates on collectors car registration (US$60 for 45 days including injury insurance)

As in Victoria(above) neither can New South Wales use personalized plates on collector car registration (about US$30 for 60 days use over 365 days including injury insurance). However, before that scheme came into force(NSW was running behind Vic & SA), I registered my PREVIOUS Packards on "full registration" and did put personalized on them, see photos.

PKD038.JPG

ONE941.JPG

• Like 1

Personalized plates are available here in Ontario,but not on historic vehicle plates.I would be unable to tow my car trailer with my '72 Chevy truck if it was running historic plates, so I pay full pop ($120 yearly) for regular plates.Historic plates here are $18 yearly.

Jim

IMG_1159.JPG

I have "Year of Manufacture" plates on my cars. 1946 was a one plate year in New York because of a war shortage of steel, so I don't need to run a front plate. It takes the look of the car back to 1946 without a modern plate.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, poci1957 said:

I saw this on Facebook last week and thought it was very clever using an "image-in-the-mirror" appearance like an ambulance:

portrait-of-actor-herve-villechaize-with-his-classic-t-bird-with-vanity-JT8Y4R.jpg

Interestingly enough, that's an actual-size example of the only person who can fit comfortably in a 2-seat Thunderbird.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, pontiac1953 said:

In 1973 I bought my 1953 Pontiac Chieftain Custom Catalina from the original owners, in 1977 I was awarded my first choice for a personalized California license plate, PONTIAC. 

20190217_213257.jpg

No Charlie. They are getting enough from me.

• Like 1

How's this for confusing the lineage, heritage, source, etc?

This personalized Antique plate served until it was transferred to the 1937 Roadmaster Phaeton (Convertible Sedan) 80C,

and the "TOURING" plate was tranferred to the '88 'Vette-

The "TOUR" plate went to the 1930 Packard,

the "AACA" plate is now on the 1915 Hudson,

with the "AACA 1" plate on the 2006 8.1L 2500 Series Avalanche

The '41 Caddy has "5050", because everything we've done for the past 50 years of marriage has been 50-50,

The 54CADDY on the 1954 is self-explanatory -

The Suburban and EXcursion have "MARTY" and MARTY  R",

and the '95 Grand Marquis and Fleetwood Brougham have "DALE" and "4DALE"-

they aren't eligible for Antique tags until next year

At least we can find our cars in a parking lot😏

Corvette-Buick.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, DB26 said:

I have California YOM plates. A set of original issue 1926 CA plates. It’s a b**ch to get the DMV to comprehend the program. Especially since there were no stickers in the 20s. 

About 1916 through 1919 the year did not appear on California plates.  My 1918 Pierce has a Liberty Bell symbol to denote 1918.  DMV gets really confused about that... 

The problem with California YOM plates is that they charge you full ad valorem fees every year based on what you paid for the car--vs. a flat fee of $2 in lieu of the actual ad valorem if you have Horseless Carriage (HC) or Historic Vehicle (HV) plates. 

With the Nov 2017 increase in basic registration fees (which exclude ad valorem), I'm now paying a total of $136 this year for the Jeepster I registered for $9 in 1982.

There have been some controversies locally about personalized plates.  About 15-20 years ago a bloke was criticized for having "HUMMER" on his Hummer. This year there is a court case ongoing. A guy with the last name Grabher has had a personalized plate GRABHER for many years and the DMV received a complaint and has refused to re-issue it.  

I have a White1960 Buick Electra 4 door. When I bought the car it had "Moby" for the plates.  But when I went to renew they wanted 70 bucks a year to keep them  I chose to buy Antique plate at $ 65 for 5 years.

I did have "Moby" painted on the back end because I like the name and am looking for a set of 1960 Texas plates.

In this age of political correctness run amok ,it's getting harder to order personalized plates. The daughter of an older gentleman in northern Ontario bought him "OLFART' plates.A few years later MTO spotted it and refused to renew.I believe he won on appeal.

9 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

There have been some controversies locally about personalized plates.  About 15-20 years ago a bloke was criticized for having "HUMMER" on his Hummer. This year there is a court case ongoing. A guy with the last name Grabher has had a personalized plate GRABHER for many years and the DMV received a complaint and has refused to re-issue it.  

Where is here?