Forum New Look

capngrog

I noticed as well.

Now it says there has been a 'reaction' to a post. So one must open the reaction to see if its a like or a quote.

AND I had to re sign in. Almost forgot my password.

Still works for me.

I am getting a message that the log-in drop down is NOT secure. Also just got the message when I requested a new password link. Was this ever a secure connection or is it just part or the new software pak. It showed not secure on both Firefox and Chrome.

Many of the buttons have disappeared for IE11 but the baloon appears when I mouseover. The "Go to first unread"" box is like that. I found changing the .SIG very difficult because the "delete image" box was not there. Finally had to use FireFox.

Edited by padgett (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, padgett said:

Like button is on right side but only visible to me on a mouseover.

Yup. I found it. Gives a few choices besides "like". Leaves out a few other choices I might select if they were available..................Bob

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, vermontboy said:

I am getting a message that the log-in drop down is NOT secure. Also just got the message when I requested a new password link. Was this ever a secure connection or is it just part or the new software pak. It showed not secure on both Firefox and Chrome.

I got the same, lit up red and not secure.  Took me all day before I got the nerve to log on, then the red went away and a secure notice popped up. 

Pont: are you using Chrome ? I won't agree to their "terms" to test but basically anything with a Login/Password that doesn't use https is going to start generating "warnings". AACA is one that doesn't.

4 minutes ago, padgett said:

Pont: are you using Chrome ? I won't agree to their "terms" to test but basically anything with a Login/Password that doesn't use https is going to start generating "warnings". AACA is one that doesn't.

Firefox...  Everything is good, "Like" also, and have been back on with no having to sign in again..

Same here but I have a ? instead of an X. Then when clicked, four different shaped empty boxes appear. But then when I click the X next to those boxes a pop up appears with choices of Like, Thanks, HaHa, Confused and Sad. Apparently there are some bugs which hopefully will get worked out. Personally, my thoughts are I don't need a drop down of responses , I am not so lazy that I can't type my own and  hopefully this can be changed back to the old simple Like box. 

I am on an iPad (with Safari), so may be different on a puter. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Same here but I have a ? instead of an X. Then when clicked, four different shaped empty boxes appear. But then when I click the X next to those boxes a pop up appears with choices of Like, Thanks, HaHa, Confused and Sad. Apparently there are some bugs which hopefully will get worked out. Personally, my thoughts are I don't need a drop down of responses , I am not so lazy that I can't type my own and  hopefully this can be changed back to the old simple Like box. 

YES!  On a touch screen + keyboard tablet using IE there's a horizontal line which, when touched, gives me a horizontal box.  And it says someone (or I) "reacted" to a post.  It USED to be one-touch, and I want it back!  Like MrEarl, I only need 'like' -- although the only other option I might use would be "Bullfeathers!"

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, MrEarl said:

...choices of Like, Thanks, HaHa, Confused and Sad....  hopefully this can be changed back to the old simple Like box. 

I agree with Mr. Earl.  Keep it simple, without the extra steps.  

Offer the "like" button if you will, but please:  Not the other types of "reactions."

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I am on an iPad (with Safari), so may be different on a puter. 

Latest Safari on latest OS X doesn't have the icons for 'reaction' either.... just '?' and empty boxes.  As such, it is impossible to tell what reaction someone had.  Other than that, it seems fast and the new look is clean.

• Like 1

Using Windows 7 computer. All I get is Li next to some blob of grayed out ink. When I mouse over it, I get 4 squares with a diagonal line, no emotocons or what ever the designer though was there. 

Please a simple Like box! Although adding the Bullfeathers is a good idea too!

And the whole "xxx Reacted to this post" is not useful at all. Reacted how? I've got to go to another page to see if xxx liked the post or thought is was funny or what were those other two choices anyway....

• Like 1

Guest Skyking

I've noticed the heavy black line is missing that let you know where on the post you left off.  That was an excellent feature.

Clearing the browser cache might cure some of the problems people are having with the new forum upgrade. Hold down the "Ctrl" button and press the" F5" button at the same time. I don't like the reaction choices. Too much like Facebook. Keep it simple and go back to a single Like button. Also need to put back the post numbers.

• Like 2