Chic Magnet autos back in the day.

Dandy Dave

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

Such a charming photo. Thanks for posting! I'd say that young lady is probably more enamored with her handsome young fellow than with his wheels. Their smiles are wonderful.🙂

T-Speedster-1.jpg.309ddf201e92235ce8069abdca66bf22.jpg.a3a04cc50f5bd68731ef0c102529f852.jpg

That model T speedster is about as basic as they get, but looks to be nicely done (except for no brake rod?). I found that photo so charming the first time I saw it that it has been a favorite of mine for several years now. I did have another picture of the same car, from another angle, but haven't seen it for a few years now. It may have been among some photos I lost in a computer meltdown a few years ago.  

I have several other model T speedster and girl photos on my computer. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TAKerry said:

We will be celebrating 37 years in Jan. Now all my cars are POS's in her mind

Congrats Kerry.... Coming up on 27 years for us, I still have the Monte Carlo that we dated in and the wife doesn't care that much for my other cars as well....I really think it was the Fire Engines that won her over !

image.png.56a943fea98bd71a3bee583fceffce2e.png

image.png.2f8abb6948d978e1c679ba188367348a.png

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, SC38dls said:

Steve is that fire truck a Sutfen?

Yes, 1990 Sutphen 100' Aerial Ladder Platform Dave... I'm not sure where it was purchase, this is a neighboring Fire District, Rombout in Fishkill, NY....  we had our wedding reception there, they knew that I was a Fire Chief and they let us take the picture on the Ladder Truck.

Steve

• Like 1

Dunno how magnetic it was, but my Dad's 61 Plymouth wagon was great for what followed once the chicks had been attracted.  With the seats folded down, the cargo area was cavernous with a flat floor - a bedroom on wheels! 😍

A 1913 Marmon Speedster 48B does attract nice women! Atlanta Tyler Perry Concourse.

The second picture is with Edith Mortimer, first owner. A wealthy and feisty New England socialite. Her goal was to travel to Europe and snag and marry Count and become a Countess. Her father asked what would keep her in the USA. She asked for this speedster, the only one made by Marmon in 1913. 

Can't find her picture. Still searching.

Marmon Amzon Drive.jpg

• Like 10

On 12/19/2022 at 4:04 PM, jdome said:

"Chic Magnet" is so gosh. We had more respect for young women in my day and used the term "Babe Magnet". Today the proper term is "Cisgender, Binary Birthing Person Magnet". Kind of takes the romance out of it.

At Hershey my Brother pointed out that "Hershey" is not woke.  "Her She"?  Shouldn't it be "TheyThem"?

• Like 1

Scan.jpg.718d5258ad48a1b6137cf2696af3248c.jpg    When I arrived in Germany on 1965 I saw tis Pre WWII style Mercedes from the bus window and bought it. 

Met a few Frauliens and my  future wife while I owned it.   

Then, I  upgraded to ths 57 Porsche Speedster.   Kept the Speedster for 4 years and the wife. 56 years so far.   Should

have kept the Speedster too.  Drove it 2 years in Germany and then 2 years in the USA.   Saw lots of Europe and the USA in that car. 

Then, I bought her a 65 Mustang Deluxe Convertable and guys followed her for the next 24 years.

I switched to Z-Cars

Scan.jpg

57 Speedster - Copy.jpg

65 Mustang Conv..jpg

240 Z.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2022 at 3:07 PM, alsancle said:

I did pretty well in kindergarten too.

July 2014 Thumb Drive Dump 2863.JPG

You scored already in kindergarten ? 😳

I must say I’m envious. 👍

How many or often ? 

Asking for a friend. 🙄

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, John Bloom said:

Ron, I gotta give you the trophy so far.  Beautiful chics and oh....that car........!

Some of my wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, and a couple granddaughters.

And one from a show where some unknown lady in a yellow dress was invited to sit. 
I’ve got many others (daughters, daughter in laws, and granddaughters).

ron 

Those slide-out seats....

While they're one heck of a conversation piece I can't image riding in one on a dusty road.   Were rumble seats dirty?  I've never had the "pleasure" of riding in one.   Thing is to own the car with those precarious seats,  owners are "usually" the drivers.  😁

BUT.....,  a gentleman would never expect a "lady" to ride in those seats.   A gentleman would give up his seat "in the car" for a lady.   Anything less than a lady, of the fairer sex, can ride on the slide-outs,   but I refuse to be the judge!

Edited by 1937McBuick (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, oldcarfudd said:

Several years ago our local Cars and Croissants group got to visit the Mallinckrodt Convent of the sisters of Christian Charity in Mendham, NJ.  I found that chicks of all ages and persuasions are attracted to a Stanley.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

IMG_1964.JPG

You have a couple of interesting passengers there.    Your intentions will have to be for entertainment purposes only,  .....not pleasure!

When I showed up in my Buick all the girls that didn't like the Brooklyn Disco era pretenders in their Trans Am's were all over it. Rock and Roll is here to stay. The big back seat worked well also. 😇image.jpeg.4030c88cec652ffbdb5e108edcd04390.jpeg

Phillip_Roitman_0052.jpg

Edited by philip roitman (see edit history)
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, philip roitman said:

When I showed up in my Buick all the girls that didn't like the Brooklyn Disco era pretenders in their Trans Am's were all over it. Rock and Roll is here to stay. The big back seat worked well also. 😇image.jpeg.4030c88cec652ffbdb5e108edcd04390.jpeg

Phillip_Roitman_0052.jpg

That car is just screaming 70's and I love it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ron hausmann said:

Here is a chic magnet which has attracted a couple chicks.

22A36954-4A68-43D5-AE80-56D2502DB623.jpeg

497305DF-5896-4ECD-BA9B-0F7BAEAFA9F4.jpeg

F5B6FB8D-6892-422E-91BE-0B127BD920BA.jpeg

9A6E9FAC-74A1-4F8D-8747-18CE419CA74E.jpeg

726862D7-04D6-47DD-AC1A-27E74E936DC6.jpeg

0038D096-0DD1-483E-9B78-3C3D121EB780.jpeg

4 hours ago, ron hausmann said:

Some of my wife, daughter, daughter-in-law, and a couple granddaughters.

And one from a show where some unknown lady in a yellow dress was invited to sit. 
I’ve got many others (daughters, daughter in laws, and granddaughters).

ron 

I remember that car from the 1970's Tarpon Springs, FL Car Shows.    First and only time I ever saw those seats.   Might even have a

picture of it someplace.   I don't know who owned it then, do you?

On 12/20/2022 at 11:08 AM, wayne sheldon said:

That model T speedster is about as basic as they get, but looks to be nicely done (except for no brake rod?). I found that photo so charming the first time I saw it that it has been a favorite of mine for several years now. I did have another picture of the same car, from another angle, but haven't seen it for a few years now. It may have been among some photos I lost in a computer meltdown a few years ago.  

I have several other model T speedster and girl photos on my computer. 

Here you go!

T-Speedster-I.jpg

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Paul Dobbin said:

I remember that car from the 1970's Tarpon Springs, FL Car Shows.    First and only time I ever saw those seats.   Might even have a

picture of it someplace.   I don't know who owned it then, do you?

Paul,

My car was then owned by Wm. Ruger Sr., the firearms founder in the North. It wasn’t shown and he had bought it from the Harrisburg Zimmerman Autorama collection in Pennsylvania, which also didn’t show it . 
    So I doubt that you saw this precise car. There are however three other 1923 Kissel Gold Bug Model 45’s with those seats, and another half dozen or so 1920-1922’s configured similarly. 
    Mine is the only one with tan canvas. The others have black. So if you have a picture, you can tell.

Thx .Ron

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Ozstatman said:

Here's a bit more info on Aussi John's '35 Studebaker.

1858737889_35Studebaker.JPG.c9e9a37f4e55135f93a4dddffc94fc5c.JPG

Like most shared posts on this thread, the list seems to be missing appropriate attributes/references to the title topic. ☹️

Edited by TTR (see edit history)