My "new" 1930 Pierce Arrow

Joe Cocuzza

Just picked up this 1930 Pierce Model B Touring about a week ago. I am new to PA’s (and a car as old as this) but I have been contacted by several PAS members (which I have already joined) who are ready,willing and able to offer me any assistance/advice that I may need. I wish to thank you all in advance (Ed M.)

When it hit the internet about a week or so ago it certainly stirred up a lot of interest.

I look forward to owning this car

DSCF5300.JPG

DSCF5299.JPG

DSCF5301.JPG

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

Congratulations, Joe,

Great looking example !!

air-up the left rear tire and join us on the Glidden Tour in Saratoga Springs next month

2 hours ago, Marty Roth said:

Congratulations, Joe,

Great looking example !!

air-up the left rear tire and join us on the Glidden Tour in Saratoga Springs next month

Marty.....it’s been sitting for 17 years or so.......it’s going to need a thorough sorting. It’s a good looking car, and seems to be unmolested. The PAS Saratoga meet is only 22 months away. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Joe, as a PAS member you can get a free download of the 1930 Operation & Care (owner's) manual on the PAS website:  Click on "Members Pages" then "Publication & Tech Videos" then "Owners Manual Library."  Suggest you ALSO download the 1929 OM as it's the last one with any mechanical adjustment information--and the two years are virtually identical mechanically (except transmissions and timing chain & belt arrangements).

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Grimy said:

Joe, as a PAS member you can get a free download of the 1930 Operation & Care (owner's) manual on the PAS website:  Click on "Members Pages" then "Publication & Tech Videos" then "Owners Manual Library."  Suggest you ALSO download the 1929 OM as it's the last one with any mechanical adjustment information--and the two years are virtually identical mechanically (except transmissions and timing chain & belt arrangements).

Will do.

Thanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, edinmass said:

Marty.....it’s been sitting for 17 years or so.......it’s going to need a thorough sorting. It’s a good looking car, and seems to be unmolested. The PAS Saratoga meet is only 22 months away. 

Ed is correct. BTW, he has been a tremendous help and a great source of advice and encouragement as have several others.

Hopefully, with a lot of advice/help/encouragement from you guys I can get the car, at the very least, up and running in the short term.

BTW - thanks for all of the nice comments/reactions, too

• Like 2

More info on the Saratoga meet please! If non-owners are welcome, I will be there. Just tell me when and where. I'd assume the state park that the AACA used a few weeks ago and the Saratoga automobile museum uses regularly, but I want to be sure. 

Joe, congrats on your car. I saw the thread on Facebook about it. 

Bill, it will be open for you to visit. Some meets are announced to the general public, others are not “officially “ public but no one with interest is ever turned away. Some venues can’t always handle huge crowds. When dates are announced I will let you know. Ed

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Very nice indeed to see a "dormant" car coming back to life to not only give the new owner pleasure but everyone that sees it motoring down the road.

The old cars  may now be viewed as art objects and historic artifacts but the cars have wheels and were built to be driven. Static display is great, but a long time friend from England who attended Hershey along with his wife with me in 1988 as we stood by the side of the road and watched a pre war car drive by one late afternoon/early evening , stated " old cars are best viewed when in motion"  That instantly became my personal motto. ( he was the owner in England of a 1929 Lincoln dual cowl phaeton, 1931 Chrysler CG Imperial club sedan, 1917 Studebaker touring car and prior to that a 1930 Pierce -Arrow limousine that was fitted with the headlamps mounted to a headlamp bar, not in the front fenders)

Walt

• Like 8

Joe, congrats on your purchase. Spending a little bit of time now going over all of the components will only add to the enjoyment you have once the car is put back into service. 

They are great touring cars!

• Like 1

Joe, I love your PA. You need to post some photos that will do it justice. I've always loved PA's and got a special appreciation for them after spending some time seeing them get restored and maintained at JB Nethercutt's shop that was part of the museum.

Congratulations! I had seen it on eBay and commented on it in one of the PA threads below but had no way of moving on it at the time. Ed and David along with many others in the PAS have given me great advice on getting mine back on the road over the last couple years. Definitely join the club and hopefully see you on tour sometime.

10 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Congratulations! I had seen it on eBay and commented on it in one of the PA threads below but had no way of moving on it at the time. Ed and David along with many others in the PAS have given me great advice on getting mine back on the road over the last couple years. Definitely join the club and hopefully see you on tour sometime.

So far everyone here and in the PAS have been extremely helpful. I am sure, no matter how much of a pain in the butt I may become with questions, the help/advice will continue. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Joe Cocuzza said:

So far everyone here and in the PAS have been extremely helpful. I am sure, no matter how much of a pain in the butt I may become with questions, the help/advice will continue. 

Don’t worry Joe........you will get advice weather or not you want it! 👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Joe, I know absolutely nothing about sorting a PA but I know a great looking automobile when I see one ( at least in my own mind). I’ve been told I do have a redeeming quality or two and the best one is I am ready to go for a ride in any antique car when it’s offered. So if you need a passenger to balance the load I’m available. Enjoy your new toy, may you have many years of driving the wheels off it. 
dave s 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:22 AM, Joe Cocuzza said:

Ed is correct. BTW, he has been a tremendous help and a great source of advice and encouragement as have several others.

Hopefully, with a lot of advice/help/encouragement from you guys I can get the car, at the very least, up and running in the short term.

BTW - thanks for all of the nice comments/reactions, too

Joe, what a great looking car!  Very happy for you. Any chance you’d start a thread as you work though the issues to get it sorted?  Things you are doing yourself as well as things you bring in outside help for?

2 hours ago, John Bloom said:

Joe, what a great looking car!  Very happy for you. Any chance you’d start a thread as you work though the issues to get it sorted?  Things you are doing yourself as well as things you bring in outside help for?

I can do that.

• Like 1