My dad passed away.

dalef62

My dad passed away on March 10th while wintering in Florida.  He was 84 years old.  He is now with mom who passed away in 2015.

He was the reason I have the love of automobiles.  His first antique car was a 1929 Hupmobile and then the collection grew from there.  Him and I spent many years tinkering with old cars, buying, selling (not too many),fixing and restoring cars, and most importantly bonding! 

We had been going to Hershey every year since 1980, first camping in surrounding fields and then getting a flea market space.  Last year at Hershey he sold his Ford Neon signs and was so happy.

When he started downsizing his collection a few years ago I bought his Hupmobile and it will now serve as a fond memory of him.  

https://www.clawsonfuneralhome.com/obituary/Walter-Frederick

PXL_20211005_132524417.jpg

PXL_20210325_004519302.jpg

Edited by dalef62 (see edit history)
  • Like 9

Your lucky you had the same interest to bond with him. So sorry to hear of your loss. My father had no love for any of the machinery or autos that I acquired or worked on so we never had that bond. Be thankful you did and your good memories will be with you all of your life. Dandy Dave!

• Like 3

Sorry to hear about your father's passing, Dale...  Now he and your mom will be watching over you as you drive the Hupmobile.  What a great keepsake to pass down to the next generation.  Be well...  Greg

• Like 1

Dale,

our condolences in your loss. You’re fortunate to have had that bond, as did my Dad and I, even though we lived a thousand miles apart for much of the past 50+ years.

You built memories, 

savor that

🙏🏻

• Like 1