Show me your garage.

victorialynn2

Getting a start on the addition so not much to look at yet.

This is a one step at a time project.

Now that the pad is in a roll up door will be installed which will give access to the back for now.

IMG_6505.thumb.JPG.7747ad433651325cee1be6a639de9bdf.JPG

Need my accountant to work hard to find some more money... 

IMG_5685.thumb.JPG.0ea83671a12d17fb6b3a0d94be208273.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

There are many interesting garages here.....mine is a rather mundane three car (800 sq. ft.) stick building. Note there are only two cars......

D6B8C1C0-743E-4866-87A1-05E3B624D23D.jpeg

EF9A3007-8C11-45F2-82EB-8769D87C27FD.jpeg

2FA0E40C-F18D-49DA-A0C9-4A7AF823A42A.jpeg

That means it's time to add one more. Or better yet two,  then you will have to pack an extra car in like the rest of us.  I have space but only in the unfinished garage. So I pack them in the finished garage.  I have 5 in the 4 car. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, dei said:

Getting a start on the addition so not much to look at yet.

This is a one step at a time project.

Now that the pad is in a roll up door will be installed which will give access to the back for now.

IMG_6505.thumb.JPG.7747ad433651325cee1be6a639de9bdf.JPG

Need my accountant to work hard to find some more money... 

IMG_5685.thumb.JPG.0ea83671a12d17fb6b3a0d94be208273.JPG

We all start somewhere. 

I remember when mine was at this phase and I thought it would just be nice to have the lot leveled.

IMG_7049.thumb.JPG.789078c67fd49564bb79f0222ce6bcf2.JPG

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Matt Harwood said:

Does this count?

Shop_Banner.thumb.jpg.665d3a1ab3d5abc782013687225f7eb4.jpg

Yes it counts.  Glad to see some Volkswagen Love with the VW Camper among all the other fine vehicles.

So is the camper someone's doghouse when they misbehave at home? 😉

Guest Mark McAlpine
12 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

On my way out the door this evening I snapped a couple of pics. It's a barn style building. I've recreated an early auto parts store upstairs where I display all my early accessories.  I collect old display cases, then feel obligated to fill them up. 

Terry

Garage 1.jpg

Garage upstairs.jpg

Garage upstairs lamp case.jpg

Visiting Terry & Susan's garage is a treat, especially the early auto parts store upstairs. Every case and corner you look at has an interesting story.

1 hour ago, auburnseeker said:

That means it's time to add one more. Or better yet two,  then you will have to pack an extra car in like the rest of us.  I have space but only in the unfinished garage. So I pack them in the finished garage.  I have 5 in the 4 car. 

Before I had my condo garage I had my Scamp travel trailer, ‘48 Packard, a T and an A in the 800 sq. ft. Yes, I can fit 4 things but choose not to at this time. The condo garage stores my new Airstream, Bennington pontoon and my car hauler. Yes, maybe room for  one more in the home garage. I am searching for a ‘49-‘52 Mopar.....how do you like the Wayfarer?

I am sure many other AACA members do something like this at times when their collection exceeds their storage space. Wait, don't most members have this problem?

The following is the semi-annual, carefully choreographed, dance my cars do each Fall & Spring.

1) Ready to begin the dance

2&3) Some alone time for some Close, Slow Dancing

4) Just when the parents are ready to do to sleep one of their teenagers just has to disturb them.

Winter Parking - 003.jpg

Winter Parking - 004.jpg

Winter Parking - 005.jpg

Winter Parking - 006A.jpg

I keep noticing things like bicycles, lawnmowers, etc in your garages!  Way back when we first started figuring out what to build for the antique cars, Susan would draw a set of plans (she designs houses and draws plans as a profession) and then scale everything to graph paper, with little cutouts of cars, workbench, etc.etc.  When I got home from work, it was there on the table for me to play with.  We were constantly rearranging things until one evening I commented that we had a few cut-outs that kept getting in the way and causing problems with my suggested rearrangements.  Those little cutouts were - bicycles, riding lawn mower and attachments, and a few other "non-essentials" in a true car-barn.  Once we decided that CARS go in the CAR BARN and all that other stuff goes into a SHED, we were able to finalize our plan.  Thank goodness for those ready-made storage sheds. 

Mark-looking forward to the day when we can enjoy your company here again.  As far as I know, the November tech session is still on.

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Jeff Perkins / Mn said:

Before I had my condo garage I had my Scamp travel trailer, ‘48 Packard, a T and an A in the 800 sq. ft. Yes, I can fit 4 things but choose not to at this time. The condo garage stores my new Airstream, Bennington pontoon and my car hauler. Yes, maybe room for  one more in the home garage. I am searching for a ‘49-‘52 Mopar.....how do you like the Wayfarer?

Ive been working on her.  Mostly cosmetic stuff.  Seems they got it mostly restored then forgot to finish a bunch of things up so I have some more things to address before I actually get her turn key.  Funny how all the turn key cars I buy need work when they are suppose to be ready to go. 

I like the looks of it and it has leg room for a Giant plus a simple top,  so it's a complete contrast to the Auburn, but I still like the Auburn Better. 

You can file this one under 'where there's a will, there's a way'.  When my present house/garage were being rebuilt/remodeled, we moved into an apartment with a 2-car garage.  By taking careful measurements and using a floor jack to get the panel and the coupe right up against the walls, my sedan fit in between with about 1" to spare on each running board.  Allowed me to store the 'fleet' until our house was done.

cars in addison garage 2006.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here's a neat garage--obviously not mine.

Long Island was once full of grand estates,

many of which have been demolished for

ordinary housing developments.  This estate

was called Harbor Hill.  You can tell the size

of the garage by the scale of the men in front.

This ornate building wasn't the house--it was

just for horses and vehicles.

From what I've heard, the old Long Island estates,

many of which had become run down and abandoned,

were bountiful sources of old cars when collectors

began looking.  Austin Clark, living in that area,

reaped some of the harvest.

Carriage House--Harbor Hill estate LI.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I used a few rapid air kits for my smaller garage.  They go together easy.  I tired to minimize in wall connections but I still have several.  I put outlets so that you could reach almost anything in the garage with about a 10 foot or so air hose.  I hate hoses running all over the floor waiting to trip over or knock something over on a car. 

fullsizeoutput_406.jpeg

• Like 1

A three car garage with six early cars in it does not work well. Can't even see the other Model A or Corvette.

Down sized by selling two of them. Will have to wait a little before the rest go up for sale.

Built a 24 x38 garage at the cabin, but before I could put a car in there, the space got filled with outdoor toys and a boat.

Stay healthy and safe my friends.

IMG_0444.JPG

• Like 6

Recently set up my machine shop equipment here. My better other half is half owner of the building/ business. The Main business is auto body repair. This is the mechanical repairs side of the shop. Wards Auto Collision Center, Hudson, NY. 

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

My shop consists of 3 buildings. The right section is for cars, center section for woodworking , and the left section is the newest (2019) and is my potting shed and gardening  area.

IMG_4565.jpg.0cc7ba45f9241855987eae876adac3bf.jpg

My Chevy Colorado sits outside these days.

I do any welding or cutting outside but have enough room to work on both cars easily.

IMG_4569.jpg.c421f0314272373f75cb04bfdb17c301.jpg

1965 Buick Electra 225.  This was the first car I ever bought (1973) and I kept it all these years. It was 8 years ago today that I painted it and got it back on the road.

I just purchased new tires for it in March and then the 'stay at home' orders came in. Can't wait to put some miles on it. I rebuilt the A/C system this past winter and waiting for it to warm up a bit to finally recharge the system with 134a. Always projects to complete.

IMG_4567.jpg.8503532ca076085281f93cbcbae1d528.jpg

IMG_4568.jpg.3ea8ee04862e221e518a191e83026385.jpg

My retirement project  -  1928 Willys Whippet.

IMG_4566.jpg.0f2d16477f29836ab75c1d52c4d7084d.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg.08f56178daa26099ee89c590ff643ffa.jpg

My woodworking area.

IMG_4573.jpg.e1707b31956ab895f27d82410cb1e110.jpg

Happy Easter to All and Stay Safe.

Bill

• Like 2

A few more photos. There is a new state of the art alignment machine that was installed about a month ago. The Corvette and Dodge drag car belong to the resident mechanic Denny. The Nova belongs to Belongs Don. President of Wards Auto.  

IMG_2506.JPG

IMG_2502.JPG

• Like 1

So our solution was a 20 x 40 “storage garage “. It has lights and power, fits the old cars fine.  The house garage is three bay with just two doors, so that the third bay is my workshop and it is actually 25 x 35.  I put shelving and wall cupboards in the maintenance room and that is my parts department  With that amount of space, my wife figures she can use some when she wants!

34153BE3-19BF-4482-984A-D49040DD1B56.jpeg

5A0FD0BE-1DF5-4172-8360-D68C8A59D3B7.jpeg

471A4F85-0842-4C4E-BFB6-BEEC47E726B4.jpeg

D5E290A6-C71F-4F2C-88F6-34ED7311A09D.jpeg

8A7BB55A-3EDD-4A5D-8501-0FC6001D0C3D.jpeg

• Like 5

Here in the Tidewater Region AACA we enjoy getting together in members garages.  That's the way it's been since the club was originally founded.  It's easy to see why we enjoy doing that.  There is always something going on and good stories to tell along with stuff to look at.  Richard's garage is one of those popular stops when people are out wandering around, and especially at times like this, it's nice to be able to visit.  There is still plenty of room in most of them to maintain that 6' distance too.  Here is a pic that Richard asked me to post for him that shows off his amazing sign and memorabilia collection.  It's great when he finds something new as he has to rearrange stuff to fit it in.  Every visit is a treat and after rearranging cars or stuff, it's a whole new experience. 

Terry

Richard's garage.jpeg

• Like 1

Here's mine. It's a rental warehouse but it's my garage.  It's 48' X 33' with11' ceiling clearance. It came with front end alignment lift shown in the first picture. I added a backyard buddy storage list. I can get 9 cars in there plus all my tools and drill press, etc. plus all our club property - traffic cones, tables, signs etc. It ain't pertty but it's home. 

20161102_165953.jpg

20190517_153025.jpg

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, dpcdfan said:

Here's my "garage." Please excuse the clutter!

That's not clutter - that's inventory!  It's always nice when you discover that the part that you need is already in inventory.  

56 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

That's not clutter - that's inventory!  It's always nice when you discover that the part that you need is already in inventory.  

Only problem is with that much stuff is it can take hours to locate what I'm looking for!

4 hours ago, Dandy Dave said:

Recently set up my machine shop equipment here. My better other half is half owner of the building/ business. The Main business is auto body repair. This is the mechanical repairs side of the shop. Wards Auto Collision Center, Hudson, NY. 

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

Nice,

Better that your shop at the house.

• Like 2

My son is taking advantage of the lockdown to have a long overdue tidy up in our shed. The building - 60' by 40' - dates from 1963 although was built over the top of a smaller structure that was built pre WW2. It was used for fruit grading and packing until about 30 years ago but is now toy and clutter - 'inventory' as someone above noted - storage. There Is still a lot to do - the accumulation has been going on over 50 years.  The last photo is upstairs here new shelving is being built for lighter stuff - panels etc. Most of the lawnmower collection has been put up there although the heavier ones have remained downstairs.

IMG_0420.JPG

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0411.JPG

IMG_0412.JPG

IMG_0413.JPG

IMG_0417.JPG

IMG_0418.JPG

• Like 1