Show me your garage.

victorialynn2

I thought y’all might get a laugh out of this meme. It also got me to thinking, it might be fun to see what everyone’s garages look like? 

It could be an exterior, interior or a shot of a specific corner. We might even get some good ideas for organization, or offer some to those of us that have some disarray. 

3A697845-9C07-4931-8290-8FD4B4680BD0.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Here's a picture of mine from last September during a true garage sale  - the inside holds way too much precious metal.  The building was built in 1956 I believe and was the second location for the business, the original being about half a block away that opened in 1938.  Also housed a Massey Ferguson dealership at one time.

Don   

20191109_191935.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, victorialynn2 said:

I thought y’all might get a laugh out of this meme. It also got me to thinking, it might be fun to see what everyone’s garages look like? 

It could be an exterior, interior or a shot of a specific corner. We might even get some good ideas for organization, or offer some to those of us that have some disarray. 

So True-

Especially the 69%

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 3macboys said:

Here's a picture of mine from last September during a true garage sale  - the inside holds way too much precious metal.  The building was built in 1956 I believe and was the second location for the business, the original being about half a block away that opened in 1938.  Also housed a Massey Ferguson dealership at one time.

Don   

Some might say it is not a "true garage sale" unless one sells the garage itself as part of the sale.  😏😉

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, charlier said:

Some might say it is not a "true garage sale" unless one sells the garage itself as part of the sale.  😏😉

Well then I’ve had a couple. Still have one for sale! 897 S RR 783. And his other one to the left in the back (same color) I previously emptied and sold. https://www.loopnet.com/texas/harper-commercial-real-estate/

• Like 1

I'm out here now. Wait a bit and I'll move some stuff around and take a couple of pics. Second thought, wait a while.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Terry Bond said:

I'm out here now. Wait a bit and I'll move some stuff around and take a couple of pics. Second thought, wait a while.

Let me clean up a bit first. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 3macboys said:

Don   

20191109_191935.jpg

Looks like a rummage sale. How much for the cooler?

8 minutes ago, DAVES89 said:

Looks like a rummage sale. How much for the cooler?

Even free the shipping would be worth more than the cooler - I'll admit that it was a rummage around the garage but for a change 90% of what was out there was garage related and 6 month later about half of it has been sold.  Oh and by precious metal there's about a dozen vehicle in various stages of repair including at least 2 lego vehicles -  some assembly required.  

2 hours ago, victorialynn2 said:

This photo reminds me of a seminar on decluttering/organizing a space a few years ago at the AACA National Convention in Philadelphia. If I remember correctly, some of the photos used in that seminar make the photo above look like this garage is empty. The seminar was both informative and entertaining. I think every few years that seminar should be presented at  Philadelphia then maybe some of us might win our clutter battle in our garages.

Edited by charlier (see edit history)

My garage isn't all that noteworthy, so here's a 

picture of a friend's garage.  (He's the active 100-year-old

that I've mentioned in another thread.)

The 1936 Oldsmobile he got NEW in 1935, and he

still drives it.  He's only about 95 in this picture, but

he still looks the same.  This garage is detached from

the house and still has its own functional gas pump

that was installed new in 1923.  The garage has its

still-functional electric door openers from 1923, as well:

20150522_113111.jpg

Car club 2017 Summer Tour Granogue (35).JPG

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Here is my garage complex.that I have had since February.  I am still getting things organized and have a lot to put on the walls.  I was working on my wife’s car just yesterday.  19DDE210-4BB6-40A9-A733-8366414705B4.thumb.jpeg.4266c68bb840eeee02abb95c38377c0d.jpeg0A6C8A88-4217-46D3-9071-3E0C542B5805.thumb.jpeg.41d7028356efc2b1dc3223122adc438c.jpeg5241F510-56F4-4D3D-B8C6-C9D52654A2FC.thumb.jpeg.0cb333791dd6a5740a598fdf7a17f06c.jpegF0411E0D-A9A4-4076-85E7-63919F89BF7F.thumb.jpeg.85673981933cd527e4f820e282d0e758.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Bill Boudway said:

Hi Terrry,

Take a look at the sparkplugs on Keiser's post.

My spark plug radar picked up on them pretty quickly.  I've always amazed at how many people have a few old plugs on display in their garage/workshop.  Although they don't think of themselves as "collectors"  I refer to Terry's Rules of Collecting #1- Three of anything is a collection.

Terry

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On my way out the door this evening I snapped a couple of pics. It's a barn style building. I've recreated an early auto parts store upstairs where I display all my early accessories.  I collect old display cases, then feel obligated to fill them up. 

Terry

Garage 1.jpg

Garage upstairs.jpg

Garage upstairs lamp case.jpg

• Like 15

Somehow this thread motivated me to mount the other three tires on my 1911 Hupmobile wheels in my basement work shop. They are now up in the garage to be washed tomorrow. Pulled out the rear axle housings that were against the back wall and brought them down to the basement shop. This exposed the work in progress back window that needs to be installed after I stain it. I could insulate the area around the window, there is a roll right over there or I could use the three sheets of ridged. Found two half sheets of sheetrock in the basement. Guess I have Sunday morning covered, and I gained space at the same time. 

Bob 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kfle said:

Here is my garage complex.that I have had since February.  I am still getting things organized and have a lot to put on the walls.  I was working on my wife’s car just yesterday.  5241F510-56F4-4D3D-B8C6-C9D52654A2FC.thumb.jpeg.0cb333791dd6a5740a598fdf7a17f06c.jpeg

A Met for Him

Craig

61_Met.jpg

• Like 4