This will get you guys talking! Have fun!

Steve Moskowitz

So if I'm reading the ad correctly it's 115 cars for $1,880,000. That works out to about $16,350 for every car? Sorry, but some of the cars aren't worth $1000. What am I missing?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Great post, Steve. You've earned your pay this week 🙂.

Look at it this way. If you had $1.8 million cash, you could easily find an investment that earned 5%. That's $94,000 per year for life. If you invested that money in this collection, you'd have to make more than $94K each year just to break even. 

Plan on restoring and selling the cars/parts over a period of 20 years. Could you do it and make more than $94K per year?

We all know how how successful it is to restore cars for profit. Paint, chrome and upholstery would destroy you. 

I'll pass on this opportunity.

P.S. Is that a Chrysler Imperial or a REO Royale in the photos?

• Like 1

Looking at the one PDF I opened I think they are confusing finished cars with projects and are they even located in the US?  From the plates they look like they might be in Brazil???  I may have missed something in the description.  

When my grandfather ran the used car lot in the 1950's and 1960's his mainstay was Chevy 6 cylinders. Every so often the wholesale lot would push off a couple of what makes up this collection and we'd be stuck with them in our back row.

When we eventually sold them the buyer would look different than the typical buyer, be oddly dressed, and have some kind of twitch or speech impediment.

Thanks for bringing back some boyhood memories.

Bernie

Judging from the pigeon English in the ad & the license plates, these are somewhere south of the border. That would make some sense because that is drug lord country (from our southern border to the tip of S. America), & with the price posted, it’s obvious these guys are using some of the drug lords’ product.

4 hours ago, 46 woodie said:

What am I missing?

2 hours ago, Mark Wetherbee said:

Does it include the property they are sitting on would be a better question...

Reading the introductory text, it sounds as if the

warehouse building is indeed included:

"Classic Cars [sic] warehouse with 115 [cars] for sale...

However, given the seller's less-than-stellar English,

one would want to clarify---

4 hours ago, Walt G said:

Hey, if you "do the math" that comes out to about $1.87 per pound of dust and rust. Hot Dang 😯🙄🤪!!!!!

This is a President's Day Special.   No not to be confused with a Buick Special - because they really are - SPECIAL.

At those prices put me down for three pounds.  Of course I get to pick them

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, keithb7 said:

People not within the circles the  of current old car culture, are at best, entertaining. 

As are some/many of the people here.

Guest Mark McAlpine

I'll take the gauges/instrument panels, wheel covers, and license plates shown in the parts photos.  I'll even round up the price to $2/pound.

Would also like the 1941 Graham Hollywood, but in its shape it would have to be less than $2/pound.

I'm with Steve and the others--I'd love to wander through this facility.

I see a lot of parts cars, a lot of scrap metal and only a handful that will ever be restored or made to even run again.

Weren't we just talking about hoarding cars and parts?

• Like 2

Quite an eclectic collection, a few interesting cars worth the effort to pursue but most readily available in better condition here.  The REO Royale, '38 Hudson Terraplane convertible, '39 & '42 Lincoln-Zephyrs, Packards such as the '28 Six convertible coupe, '36 120 sedan, '46-'47 Clipper limousine, the lwb pre-war models, the export '46-'48 DeSoto Diplomat, '50 Mercury station wagon all stand out.  Unfortunate they're so badly overpriced and located so far away.   The seller is bewildered why no one has jumped on this 'marvelous' opportunity.