Should 25 year old cars really be called "Antiques"?

Should  cars of '80's and '90's really be called "antiques"? Many Europeans and most of my antique collector friends say items need to be 100 years or older to be considered and designated as antique. A lot of them don't consider anything from the 20th century "antique".

Maybe there is better terminology for items, cars included, that are, say, 50 - 25 years old. Could they be classified like furniture ? ..."mid-century modern", "contemporary"?  Earlier things are "art deco" or "modrene".

I've been around since the '40's and grew up around cars of the '30's  I don't really consider anything post WW1 as "antique". I can recall a couple of Model T's in daily use in my small town as a kid and a few late '20's delivery and farm trucks. 

My God, next year cars built in 2000 will be antiques.

By AACA standards, I have been an antique for 60 years. 

Edited by f.f.jones (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Isn't the word subjective? I do agree with your thoughts but the concept of "old" is relative to the individual, and secondly is it really that important? The abuse of the word classic is more disturbing. 

• Like 6

I was helping at the gate at a swap meet and over heard a fellow talking to a friend. He was saying that he was so happy he was able to sell his vintage car and now looking for a replacement. What startled me was when he said the next one will have to have power windows and air conditioning. When I buy a vintage car my wife hopes for doors and side glass.  

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)
  • Like 8
  • Haha 9

I understand your thoughts, but walk into a dealership and try to order parts for a 1999 anything, at the very least obsolete comes to mind or like so many of the NOS parts that I have they are marked NLS - No longer stocked or serviced, never quite sure on the S.  There are a lot of interesting cars that now qualify for AACA that at first plush you might not consider them antique but they are antiquated by todays standards but still interesting.  Think first gen Acura NSX, Dodge Stealth, Chev Impala SS just to name a few.  At one time a VW Beetle was an unloved used car but look at them now.  I think that the electronics in the modern antiques are going to be the biggest hurdle to preserving them.  Come to think of it, maybe that's the term, modern antique.

• Like 2

I see them all the time here, usually rusted out beat 90s models with CT "antique" plates that would never pass inspection in MA (for at least rust holes).  In those cases, I don't think there is any intention toward collecting, or improving the vehicle, just a workaround to keep something unroadworthy going as transportation. Probably doesn't reflect well on the rest of us.  I have had inspection issues in MA with stations that are clueless on prewar cars, these shenanigans won't help in making that easier.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

The 100 year definition of "antique" is a reference to import law. There is no duty on antiques but they must be 100 years old. Beyond that, it's entirely subjective. I once horrified one of the authors I work with by saying that I wasn't too interested in the Civil War because it was too recent. I hardly think of machine made furniture from 1923 as "antique".

As to cars...personally, I think the 25 year rule is long obsolete. When it was instituted cars had a much shorter life expectancy than they do today. Heck, I'm driving a 32 year old truck and I hardly consider it an "antique". At least in my state its an open invitation to anyone with a rusted out clunker to register it and avoid inspection...and I'm no fan of the inspection system since I feel it's contrived to force people to buy newer cars (from the dealers who advised the politicians) but I do think general safety inspections are a good idea. How many 25-year old cars were on the road in 1950? Compare that to today where almost any 25-year old car is perfectly usable. Frankly, I agree with mecanician...the application of the 25 year rule today has the potential to hurt of all of us with older cars because of the abuse it attracts.

Edited by JV Puleo (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think we have had this conversation before. Instead of looking at it from the perspective of an 80 year old lets think about a 30 year old that wants to participate in the 'antique car hobby' and buys a 25 year old car. So many discussions about the hobby dying and needing to get young people involved, but there is still a lot of inclusiveness and snobbery towards modern'sh vehicles. My sons car just turned 20 years old (kind of a modern classic) and he is looking forward to the day that he can show it on the AACA show field. My car is a 1977 model and I feel like an outsider at times because 'I dont own a prewar car'. But it seems that the last few AACA shows I have attended the post war cars far outnumber the pre war type.

As for the abuse of historic tags, I see it everyday. In MD your car is exempt from emission testing, and the registration fee is about a quarter of the regular fee. There are definite rules and regulations associated with them but I dont see how they can be enforced. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

25 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

I think we have had this conversation before. Instead of looking at it from the perspective of an 80 year old lets think about a 30 year old that wants to participate in the 'antique car hobby' and buys a 25 year old car.

Yes we have:

Craig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, JV Puleo said:

As to cars...personally, I think the 25 year rule is long obsolete. When it was instituted cars had a much shorter life expectancy than they do today. 

Evidently, this debate has been going on for many years.

One of our members, when he joined the AACA in 1972,

took his 1940 Pontiac to local shows.  Someone said to him,

"I didn't know they allowed used cars in this club!"

That not-so-subtle affront almost turned him away from

AACA.  But his love of cars persevered, and he later became

an AACA national President.

Thank you, Kerry, for your kind consideration of newer antiques:

37 minutes ago, TAKerry said:

Instead of looking at it from the perspective of an 80 year old lets think about a 30 year old that wants to participate in the 'antique car hobby' and buys a 25 year old car.

• Like 5

My brother has his daily driver from high school!! Loyalty and durability are their own reward, but it really doesn't hurt to be a little generous.

(it's a 69 VW!)

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" is a popular adage from William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet, in which Juliet seems to argue that it does not matter that Romeo is from her family's rival house of Montague. The reference is used to state that the names of things do not affect what they really are.(source Wikipedia)

This regularly recurring and frustrating discussion of "antique, classic, vintage", etc always leads nowhere, because the terms mean nothing.

Were I in charge, AACA would only consider as ANTIQUE, cars 75 years of age and older (on a rolling basis) as eligible for registration or consideration as member cars. Today, that would place only pre 1950's cars as eligible. The intention is to recognize cars/vehicles that have lasted for more than a generation, are from a different age of technology and culture, and represent "survivor" implications, i.e. some people along their ownership journey took the time, effort and insight to keep their cars in play. By this measure, for example, pre 1950's cars would be largely mechanical wonders, very little electronics, often all manual, limited power options, and very limited surviving numbers. They are universally admired largely for their rarity and survivability as well as their now somewhat antiquated technology.

Now for cars younger than 75 years, within AACA I would have a "Special Interest" category, with a limited number of sub categories, like 1950's Glamour (chrome, fins, and luxury), 1950's to 1980's racing cars (Ferraris, Canam, NASCAR, GP, LeMans), 1960's to 1975's Muscle cars, and Sports Cars and Exotics up to 1975 (50 years old). No vehicles newer than 50 years would be considered for my AACA membership, as in my view they are both too new and too plentiful. If someone could amount a plea for rare and unusual cars newer than 50 years, (I cannot immediately think of any), then that might complete a good list.

Using this approach, if AACA decided to sponsor an "Antique" car show, by definition it would only permit pre 1950 cars. If it sponsored an 'Antique and Special Interest" car show, it entire membership could be eligible. Regardless, nothing newer than 50 years could be displaYED WITHOUT SOME

Some one argue this would restrain membership? My view is the goal of AACA is not building membership, but creating a genuine antique car club as real antique car people know it to mean. I know it can be done, it just takes a strong vision of what a true "Antique Car Club" should mean, and making it happen. 

• Like 1

I think it's all pretty relative... What you grow up with never seems to be a "real" antique even though time marches on. I would never have considered my '82 Plymouth Gran Fury an antique but it would be 44 if it was still around!

I think we simply change the name of the organization to Adults Avoiding Contemporary Automobiles. 🙂

I'm kidding, but I do think the OP has a good question and this is an interesting thought exercise. In my mind, antique cars are Prewar. My experience with people who own 90s vintage "old" cars is they're in agreement that antique isn't an accurate term for their vehicle. Since this debate has been going on for a while, it does seem like an area the Club may have a messaging problem. While I am not really suggesting a name change, maybe an explanation of the evolution of the club would be helpful. I think of this organization as being about recording, educating and celebrating the history of the automobile. A car becomes relevant to the Club when it is not relevant as a normally used means of transportation. Since it's impossible to create a failsafe test of this, 25 years feels like the right cutoff.

As far as how I categorize cars, this is my outlook:

• Pre WWII; The Era of Innovation. This is the period where the most advancement took place in the industry and innovation was the focus.
  • Postwar- 1963ish: The Era of Style. The focus shifted to design as a differentiator while innovation happened at a slower pace
  • 1963-1972: The Era of Performance. Tailfin heights are replace with horsepower ratings as a measure of leadership.
  • 1970-1985: The Era of Regulation. A combination of the Clean Air Act, Oil Embargo and safety requirements saw manufacturers focus on satisfying regulations instead of the desires of the marketplace.
  • 1984-2000: The Era of Rebirth. Automakers are able to move past regulatory requirements and refocus on the ownership experience

The eras aren't perfect, as there's some overlap and outliers. And apologies to anyone who isn't flattered by my categorization. I own cars in each era, including ones that defy my own definitions.

Edited by CarNucopia (see edit history)
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunsmoke said:

This regularly recurring and frustrating discussion of "antique, classic, vintage", etc. always leads nowhere, because the terms mean nothing.

Any car club can claim what to call their member's vehicles whatever they want. I suggest that they should all be commonly called "collector cars" that should be referred to by whatever their individual's car club agrees to name them. 

I am an HCCA member with both pre-1916 cars as well as 20's & 30's cars.   I don't agree with the HCCA's labels either.  HCCA leadership commonly refers to pre-1916 vehicles as "Brass Era" or "Horseless Carriages" as listed in the current Bylaws.  However, the HCCA allows 1942 & older vehicles that were previously listed in the Bylaws as "Production Vehicles".   That classification no longer exists in the current Bylaws on the HCCA website.  So, I really don't know what else to officially call my 20's & 30's cars. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunsmoke said:

"A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" is a popular adage from William Shakespeare's play Romeo and Juliet, in which Juliet seems to argue that it does not matter that Romeo is from her family's rival house of Montague. The reference is used to state that the names of things do not affect what they really are.(source Wikipedia)

This regularly recurring and frustrating discussion of "antique, classic, vintage", etc always leads nowhere, because the terms mean nothing.

Were I in charge, AACA would only consider as ANTIQUE, cars 75 years of age and older (on a rolling basis) as eligible for registration or consideration as member cars. Today, that would place only pre 1950's cars as eligible. The intention is to recognize cars/vehicles that have lasted for more than a generation, are from a different age of technology and culture, and represent "survivor" implications, i.e. some people along their ownership journey took the time, effort and insight to keep their cars in play. By this measure, for example, pre 1950's cars would be largely mechanical wonders, very little electronics, often all manual, limited power options, and very limited surviving numbers. They are universally admired largely for their rarity and survivability as well as their now somewhat antiquated technology.

Now for cars younger than 75 years, within AACA I would have a "Special Interest" category, with a limited number of sub categories, like 1950's Glamour (chrome, fins, and luxury), 1950's to 1980's racing cars (Ferraris, Canam, NASCAR, GP, LeMans), 1960's to 1975's Muscle cars, and Sports Cars and Exotics up to 1975 (50 years old). No vehicles newer than 50 years would be considered for my AACA membership, as in my view they are both too new and too plentiful. If someone could amount a plea for rare and unusual cars newer than 50 years, (I cannot immediately think of any), then that might complete a good list.

Using this approach, if AACA decided to sponsor an "Antique" car show, by definition it would only permit pre 1950 cars. If it sponsored an 'Antique and Special Interest" car show, it entire membership could be eligible. Regardless, nothing newer than 50 years could be displaYED WITHOUT SOME

Some one argue this would restrain membership? My view is the goal of AACA is not building membership, but creating a genuine antique car club as real antique car people know it to mean. I know it can be done, it just takes a strong vision of what a true "Antique Car Club" should mean, and making it happen. 

Do that and you lose more than 3/4 of this club.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, arcticbuicks said:

I think what it comes down to......it is difficult for anybody alive ....that owned a car new......to see or accept it as an antique.......maybe...especially people on here more than twice the age of the cars in argument

No, I ordered a 69 H-O Pontiac LeMans which was delivered in Dec 68 that I still have.

http://www.pismoderelicts.com/photogallery/new format 937/images/p1020752.jpg

I also ordered a 1976 Olds Omega Brougham delivered to me in April 1976. I still have it.

1976 OLDSMOBILE OMEGA BROUGHAM ~ GREAT 6-PAGE ARTICLE / AD | eBay

These cars are still antiques to me and to AACA, my antique insurance, and the motor vehicle department. Most are happy with the terms and conditions. Why stir things up?

• Like 1

The intent of State governments of determining at what age a vehicle is considered an "antique" is to provide clarity.  They need a clear cut off date for certain licensing provisions. All the laws that favor old cars were adopted because they were lobbied for by car enthusiasts. The State legislatures could impose limits on the general use of old cars by imposing restrictions. In California, vehicles registered as historical cars cannot be used for daily transportation. They are restricted to show, parade, and hobby activities. There are no mileage restrictions imposed. There is a lot of latitude in enforcing this. The determination will be made by the law enforcement officer that encounters the driver. The driver has the recourse of a court trial to challenge the citation. If the historical registration is being abused, each State can impose additional clearer restrictions. Especially if these classifications are being used as a way to evade safety related inspections. 

The AACA is a private organization and it can impose any rules on the cars that are qualified to be used in club activities. The 25 year requirement is an arbitrary number in some ways, but it also coincides with many States age requirements for historical registration. I think that newer cars that "barely" qualify for inclusion are a kind of entry level for a lot of new enthusiasts. They are probably younger, still heavily involved in raising their families, and they might like a car that can also be used as transportation. I've owned my '96 Mustang for 14 years and it's always been registered and insured as a regular car. My '97 Riviera is in the same situation. This is not to say that they won't develop an interest in older cars over time. 

I agree, and disagree with Gunsmoke's reply. It is important that the club function as a club for actual very old cars, but I don't think that the club would survive if it never widened it's membership base. I'm pretty old, I'll be 70 next year and I've been interested in cars and motorcycles since I was a little kid. Growing up I never had any contact with pre War cars. While I can appreciate horseless carriages and Brass era vehicles as historical artifacts, I have no personal interest in them. I think that owners of every age of historical vehicle can respect the interests of a diverse group of members. 

• Like 1

This conversation has been happening for decades. Today we have plastic cars but at one point nobody thought anyone would collect a car with plastic radio knobs. 

As a proud life member of a club that accepts everything 25 years old as an antique, I am compelled to support the mission that they began long before I was born. Do I  think of my 1995 Suburban in the same light I think about my 1915 Dodge… not at all, but I like them both.  Oddly enough, I run historic license plates on the 95 and not the 15.  

• Like 3

When Mike Lamm used the words Special Interest Autos for his magazine that he created I think he got the words correct - then and now. We all have personal opinions on what certain descriptions/labels mean. Classic, antique, early, late, iconic, nostalgic whatever. I look at pre WWII era cars as antique in a general definition - more specific descriptions define them further and usually relate to a era of years - brass era, classic, production ( to be more specific as to a luxury car as opposed to what most could afford to buy for transportation) , post war to me says late 1940's and up.  MY son is 30 he looks at cars differently. Many of the cars that were new in the showroom when I got my foirst old car in 1964 are now collectible. Should they be able to have "antique" in the license plate - for me no.

AACA has a hard decision to make as to when to cut things off as do car shows run by assorted multi make and single marque clubs. This discussion as has been mentioned has been done before and will be on going 40 years from now.

Along the lines of what was said above about clubs choosing their own definition, in the Jan/Feb 2024 issue of the Antique Automobile the "AACA  An Introduction"  (p.99) includes this:

The aim of the AACA is the perpetuation of the pioneer days of automobiling by furthering the interest in and preservation of antique automobiles, and the promotion of sportsmanship and good fellowship among AACA members.

It appears the Club equates "antique" with vehicles of "the pioneer days". It might be time to update this language.

• Like 4

I got my '98 Acura Integra used and it was my daily driver for 10 years. It is in great shape, interior perfect, but could use a paint job. I don't think it should be considered an antique. I like the term "Special Interest Autos". People offer to buy it all the time and the way cars are today, finding a car with a manual transmission could almost make it a special interest.

Considering that many cars built in the 1980s and onward will go 200k or more on the original engine, seeing regular daily driver cars that are 25 years old and still on the road is not an uncommon occurrence.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Walt G said:

When Mike Lamm used the words Special Interest Autos for his magazine that he created I think he got the words correct - then and now. This discussion as has been mentioned has been done before and will be on going 40 years from now.

I have absolutely no idea WHY Hemmings changed the name of it to 'Hemmings Classic Car'.   I know there are and were a couple of less successful spin-offs, 'Muscle Machines' and 'Sports & Exotic Car', but the original format of Special Interest Autos was still the best.   Richard Lentinello came up with 'Crankshaft' for his publication as per his reason, 'Every vehicle has one' and used it to include almost all cars and trucks for his features including Brass Era, early postwar, and even low/value interest Malaise cars.

I probably won't have much to add 40 years from now.  I'll be three figures agewise by then, and may not be around in 2064!!

Craig

19 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

I have absolutely no idea WHY Hemmings changed the name of it to 'Hemmings Classic Car'.   I know there are and were a couple of less successful spin-offs, 'Muscle Machines' and 'Sports & Exotic Car', but the original format of Special Interest Autos was still the best.   Richard Lentinello came up with 'Crankshaft' for his publication as per his reason, 'Every vehicle has one' and used it to include almost all cars and trucks for his features including Brass Era, early postwar, and even low/value interest Malaise cars.

Well, I guess we we won't be seeing any "antique" electric cars (newer or older) since they really don't have crankshafts.

Honda Insight and GM EV-1

image.jpeg.d8c1a03d49e5b265be5e61c7ef82f085.jpegimage.jpeg.b62934686fb7a0fde5a94e2a82f83d49.jpeg

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Crusty Trucker said:

Well, I guess we we won't be seeing any "antique" electric cars (newer or older) since they really don't have crankshafts.

… Detroit Electric has entered the chat…😄

image.jpeg.856ad3f59fa3296a0f7a0b76f186f778.jpeg

Edited by CarNucopia (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

XWhen I joined my first old car club, it was a Model A Ford club and I had a 34 Ford V8..  They accepted me and the V8.

Time passed and they then called called themselves a Antique Car Club without defining that term.

For 40 of the 50 years that I've belonged to that club, I've been President 7 times, Car Show Chairman, Newsletter

Editor,  Tour Leader, and general Do-It-All-Guy.  Then we moved it the NC mountains and started a new club for touring 

and asked for 50+ year old vehicles.   When we tour, I write the tour instructions and lead in a 34 Ford with the oldest

car behind me setting the pace and the others follow in age order.   That way except for me everybody else is between

cars of similar vintage.   And as you know, the last car in line always goes the fastest, just to keep up.   We've had

several tours where the 1913 Brewster, the 1913 Overland and the 1914 Model T were faster than a lot of the newer cars

and we all had to wait on them.    All car people are fun when they're playing with their "old cars".   

2018LeafPeeperTour.jpg.ebfb919e396872c49c8d02b406131190.jpg

DSC01601.JPG.a992a577bf7211b97de703a468cbd985.JPG

2016-2.jpg

Edited by Paul Dobbin
Added Photos (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The real reason to change the "antique" definition is that cars stay on the road much longer than they used to.  Decades ago, cars, didn't last long; a car was used up after a few years.  So a 25-year-old car was several generations old, the kind of thing you rarely saw on the road anymore.  Today is different: The average car on the road today is 13 years old.    And 10% of cars on the road are 25 years old or older.   So a 25-year-old car today is just a somewhat older car, the kind of thing you see all the time, not some sort of ancient means of transportation. 

• Like 2

I'm in New Jersey and what really bugs me is when I see HISTORIC plates on daily drivers and Hot Rods to avoid paying correct insurance charges and to avoid correct vehicle classifications. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Crusty Trucker said:

image.jpeg.d8c1a03d49e5b265be5e61c7ef82f085.jpegimage.jpeg.b62934686fb7a0fde5a94e2a82f83d49.jpeg

He was already asked that question:  Update: Richard Lentinello's new magazine: Crankshaft - Studebaker Drivers Club Forum

I was not going to state my opinion on that, as I will await Richard's comment.

Craig

I am all for enjoying, collecting, working on cars regardless of their age or capability. In that sense what does it matter if it is a year old or a hundred years old. The difficulty for me is a statutory designation (which has now become arbitrary) that was  once intended for obsolete or primitive machines to be applied to vehicles with essentially present day capabilities, especially when it is done to circumvent the rules that would otherwise make those same vehicles unroadworthy under a different classification. Don’t focus on what they are called, focus on what they can do and regulate or don’t regulate based on that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Paul, your photos say it all to me, and how the cars are placed to go on a tour. I did this as well here on long island 30+ years ago. What I really loved seeing was that the young girl was on a tour! kids need that exposure to know the cars function still even if those cars  are older then their grandparents! BRAVO. She will remember that participation and hopefully have a car with running boards of her own some day. There was a phrase some years ago that should be repeated often "Take a kid to a car show".

One of the greatest automotive historians was a woman, Beverly Rae Kimes , she was a close friend and was the one to encourage me to start a column for the CCCA magazine that lasted 30+ years . I really wish that there were more old car gals besides old car guys.

• Like 2

This topic has been debated and re-debated countless times. Depends on who you ask. AACA (including this forum's focus), many other clubs, and most DMV, define an antique car at 25 years or older. Whatever the label, we're all car guys.  Drive them. Restore them. Modify them.  Park them and admire them.  Totally up to the individual.

Enjoy the vehicles you like!  Respect others choices.  

• AACA guy - 25 years and older
  • HCCA guys - its pre-1916
  • CCCA guys - see their list of qualified vehicles
  • Marque specific
  • Model Specific
  • Convertibles
  • Sports cars
  • Orphans
  • Trucks
  • Commercial
  • Station wagons
  • Country specific
  • 2 wheel
  • 3 wheel
  • 4wd
  • Gas
  • Steam
  • Electric
  • Wind :)
  • It takes all kinds!
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Keep in mind this designation started to be used around WWII era where the average car lifespan was about half of now and an antique car then would be about half as old as any car anyone could have owned.

With longer car lifespans and the ubiquitousness of cars, 25 year old cars no longer seem special. You have to go at least 35 years back, I feel, for cars that are truly rare to see on the road.

If you think 25 year old cars are daily drivers, you really have no idea how to date a car outside of your area of interest. Anything from before 2010 is a rare sight. 

I saw a PT cruiser on Tuesday and realized I hadn't seen one in over a year. And it's not like I've been hiding in a small portion of the country...that time period covers a drive from NY to Utah and back and another from NY to Charlotte NC and back. 

Just admit you are a date snob and be done with it. It's fine to only like a certain period of cars but don't crap on those of us who care about the history of the automobile post World War 2. History doesn't stop just because you don't care. 

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

"The Beat Goes On" It boggles my mind how old a 1989 Camaro Z 28 IROC convertible is. 35 years ago I remember looking at them on the Chevy dealer when new. Back then I was commenting to my friend that I remember taking the bus into the Chevy store in 1968 to look at a new Camaro convertible on the lot a school buddy's  older brother was going to buy. I was 13 yrs old. So hard for me to consider my 89 IROC-Z as "antique". 1968 Camaro convertibles are far out of my budget/comfort zone so I can live with my not so antique

deccars23 096.jpg

• Like 1

Lots of 25 year old cars on the road where I live. Just go to the local Walmart and walk the parking lot. My daily driver is a 92 with 300,000 miles I don’t consider it an Antique, just a daily driver, I hope to get 30 more years and another 300,000 miles on it. Then I can sell it as a one owner cream puff.

John

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm going to book end the ages of the participants of the hobby with this post.  With the 25 year rule a young person can get involved, likely on the cheap, and get exposed to a wide range of other vehicles and get to meet lots of great people at the same time.  Be honest, how many have had your tastes change over the years.  There will be a good number of young people who don't even know what a 1929 Anything is.  Now at the other end, it allows members who are no longer able to operate the older stuff properly.  They can, however, continue to participate and be included "on the field" and continue to impart their knowledge to others while maintaining the social contact.  Again, how many of them would show up if they had to park elsewhere and walk in - if they are even able to walk that far.   

• Like 9