Edinmass missing your wonderful posts and insights

34LaSalleClubSedan

2 hours ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

Edinmass, are you still traveling? Love reading your post. Lots of info and humor. We all need that these days. Can't wait to see your next post and adventures.

I'm sure he'll be back (after being reinstated) with a comical thread of how he stumbled onto another rare find while in route to BevMo while using this time wisely to bring us a up to date version of the latest beverages that are hitting the market during his down time ;) 

He'll be back

I was banned a random amount by one wonderful mod. My guess is once he "acknowledges" their threats he'll be reinstated. 

image.png.9cbb03a73da8a2e3473012a88c70bf2f.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 30DodgePanel said:

I'm sure he'll be back (after being reinstated) with a comical thread of how he stumbled onto another rare find while in route to BevMo while using this time wisely to bring us a up to date version of the latest beverages that are hitting the market during his down time ;) 

He'll be back

I was banned a random amount by one wonderful mod. My guess is once he "acknowledges" their threats he'll be reinstated. 

image.png.9cbb03a73da8a2e3473012a88c70bf2f.png

He was refusing to push the acknowledge button. But I guess he’s been allowed back on if he promises to stay out of the EV threads.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, alsancle said:

He was refusing to push the acknowledge button. But I guess he’s been allowed back on if he promises to stay out of the EV threads.

That’s easy (even for Ed with his mechanical abilities) the threads are gone! 
dave s 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Take a sabbatical Ed. Then come back to those wonderful pre war cars. Never mind that electric vehicle trash, unless of course the Electric Vehicle is Pre War. 😁 Or at least 25 years old. 🙂 I missed it, as I never read any of it. It did not interest me. Dandy Dave! 

Edited by Dandy Dave (see edit history)
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, 60FlatTop said:

When there are rules it's the rules and only the rules.

I agree with that but not everyone does. Being popular on the forum supersedes the rules. I learned a lesson.

Ed wasn't banned. He was restricted from posting on the forum for 7 days by me for his comments in one of the EV threads. His restrictions were reversed by one of the administrators. The rumor was started that he was banned from the forum and his posts had been deleted. That just isn't true. All his posts are still here.

Here is the truth.

Eds ban_5-9-2022_172314_forums.aaca.org.jpeg

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I agree with that but not everyone does. Being popular on the forum supersedes the rules. I learned a lesson.

Ed wasn't banned. He was restricted from posting on the forum for 7 days by me for his comments in one of the EV threads. His restrictions were reversed by one of the administrators. The rumor was started that he was banned from the forum and his posts had been deleted. That just isn't true. All his posts are still here.

Here is the truth.

Eds ban_5-9-2022_172314_forums.aaca.org.jpeg

Why didn't you just ask him to delete or modify his comments?    A little on the edge, but I've seen worse on here.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I'm sure that most will agree that the rules should be

the same for everyone.  Fair, understanding, and impartial.

Disagree.   The guy with 20K plus upvotes on the forum probably deserves some benefit of the doubt.  At a minimum just delete the post.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Needs to not be part of the "unread messages" feed because that was how I got sucked in against my better judgement.

I had to bite my tongue (or both keyboard fingers) HARD to stay out of that discussion.  The trolls "on both sides" were working overtime.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I belong to a Pontiac Forum, and they have a special section just for this kind of thing. It seems to solve these types of issues. If a thread starts somewhere else and gets out of hand the moderator just moves it to the clubhouse. That way no one gets banned or spanked and the readers are told where it's moved to, and NOT left with the feeling that all the time it took to look up and research something or compose a thought was just thrown away by the stroke of the keyboard! You may think you are punishing the offender, but you are NOT, you are hurting everyone that contributed to the subject.   

This is what it looks like.

This is a private password protected forum. Members say what they feel and don't hold back. Some may find the contributions very inappropriate, insulting, hateful, rude and racist. The owners and administration of PY do not participate, endorse or agree with the postings contained within but allow it in order to confine such controversial subjects to one area to preserve the integrity of the main Pontiac forums.
Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)
  • Like 2

How can all of anyone's posts be still available when threads have been deleted?

If Ed replied once to that EV thread and that thread is deleted,  then not all of his posts are still visible, which I believe he had,  Like my Posts, and several other members that contributed hours of time replying to posts and presenting what concerns us.  They are all Gone.  Could be any thread that gets deleted.  I prefer the lock down.  That makes alot more sense,  Even if you have to clean up a thread a little first,  much better than all the information being lost and honestly quite frustrating to anyone participating.  Makes me think twice about responding to alot of threads.  Our time is important and has some value as well. 

Maybe I'm wrong and it was just locked down and please correct me if so,  but when that screen was up and I came back to it,  it said you don't have permission to view it,  which has been the message for deleted threads in the past. 

• Like 3

Maybe I am biased as Ed is a friend but he is a friend in part due to his freely sharing time and expertise on a car I was considering a while back.  He reached out to me, important because I had posted a few general questions on it and some flags concerned him enough to make contact and discuss the car for some time.  We discovered several mutual pals and I know he has given his time freely to a lot of forum folk.  Popularity can be earned  I guess if one looks at it that way.

FWIW my two cents on this are, perhaps a PM saying "hey take a look at what you wrote, puts me in an odd spot as a mod" or just deleting it might have worked.  He didn't attack anyone here.  I have been called this or that once or twice, after 15+ years I guess that happens but I elected not to make it an issue, we have an ignore button after all, if one is really sensitive, a personal affront to me would have been worse than some edgy general statements.

Anyway, someone made a good call here, which is why most processes have reviews.  I think West was looking for this to die yesterday, another good call.  I get being a mod is a PITA and it is volunteer work but why air the laundry now?  Seems like bad form, everyone already knows each story has two sides...

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Ed wasn't banned. He was restricted from posting on the forum for 7 days by me for his comments in one of the EV threads.

So, help me understand... Are you, Ronnie, and administrator? Your avatar doesn't identify you as such. Am I to understand that an ordinary member of this forum (like me) has the power to restrict other members for content that the offended member dislikes? Not sure I'm in favor of that...

Frank

• Like 1

Ok folks, Ed has a lot of friends including me.  I am aware of how much good he had done on the forum and aware that like many others, sometimes he may say a thing or two that needs to be "moderated". I have been moderated personally as well! Ed has NO problem with the temporary restriction and if Peter was not on vacation there MIGHT have been a different way to handle this as him and Peter have an understanding about his posts.  Ed can be an adult :) and has taken his "punishment" like a man so let it go.  Ronnie has also stood up for himself when he could have run and hide. Yes, I have had several emails with Ed today.  His big concern is finishing up some work for a few of you and getting here to Hershey.  He will be back as colorful as ever.

As to a separate forum for gripes and dislikes...we tried that!  It was a disaster.  AACA does not spend gobs of money to host this site for any other reason than to promote the hobby.  It gets tiring stating that we want our site to be educational, help folks, entertain folks and promote our club and other clubs.  Simple as that...there are hundreds if not more websites that are the "wild, wild West" where you can say and complain about anything.  AACA chooses not to host this kind of discussion and our Board and members have backed that policy time and time again.  So no, we will not go down that road again.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 10