YOUR wedding photos in an antique

Den41Buick

I would imagine plenty of us lucky guys were able to convince our future spouse of the coolness of having an antique automobile as part our wedding. I was fortunate to have met someone who shares my interest. It would be great to share those pictures with the rest of us old car guys/women.

The car we had at our wedding 30 years ago (9.2.90). We had a 1938 Chrysler Royal Convertible. It was the perfect car for a perfect day.

9.2.2000.jpg

9.2.1990.jpg

• Like 3

These are the only photos I could find of us in the car.  It was my father in law's 1930 Chevy with my MIL driving us, my older stepson with her in front.  The date was 8-11-84 and it was very hot and humid day and I soaked my tux!  I lost Linda in 2015 just short of 31 years so it was good memories to dig out the album and these pictures.  For those who remember my father in law was John Cole from Cole's Ignition, did a LOT of T wires. I met Linda at a car show in 1982 so cars were always a centerpiece of our life!

image.thumb.jpeg.ddeb858b83a7b1dcaa4642a61b4f35d6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2a346b7b56916323eb1437a4dc7de558.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

6 minutes ago, avantey said:

These are the only photos I could find of us in the car.  It was my father in law's 1930 Chevy with my MIL driving us, my older stepson with her in front.  The date was 8-11-84 and it was very hot and humid day and I soaked my tux!  I lost Linda in 2015 just short of 31 years so it was good memories to dig out the album and these pictures.  For those who remember my father in law was John Cole from Cole's Ignition, did a LOT of T wires. I met Linda at a car show in 1982 so cars were always a centerpiece of our life!

image.thumb.jpeg.ddeb858b83a7b1dcaa4642a61b4f35d6.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2a346b7b56916323eb1437a4dc7de558.jpeg

Wonderful Pic of Linda's fantastic smile, and you don't look half-bad either. 

She certainly was fully involved in planning and hosting  club tours. In fact that is how the four of us met and stayed close over these years.

• Like 1

I'll find a photo, it was a mine car show, we left the church in a 1914 20HP Stanley Steamer, brides maids in a 1932 Ford Station wagon , Best man in his 1931 Chevrolet Victoria, a 1940 Ford Station Wagon, and an MG-TF1500. That was 42 years ago, they are all gone now save for the MG owner.

Bob

30 odd years ago  I drove my friend and his bride in my 1930 Chev. When their daughter got married she asked if it was possible that I would drive the same car at her wedding. I never realized that she had always looked at her parents wedding photos and pictured herself in the same way on her own wedding day. We even managed to recreate one of their wedding photos at the same country church 

• Like 1

My daughter's been engaged for about three years now! I can't wait to drive them in my old Buick.I know weddings are tough to plan with the corona virus.I need a couple of new tires for my car but if I buy them now they might be too old by the time they tie the knot!

• Haha 2

Yeah I was lucky my wife let me use our 27 Chev’s in our wedding it was hard picking just a couple of pics as we seemed to have a lot with the cars in them. It’s also hard to believe this all happened 10 years ago. While it was not a shot gun wedding my wife did fall pregnant shortly after I proposed to her and she grew a little in the chest area in the weeks leading up to the wedding, the dress was not really designed for this expansion and turned out to be a little more revealing then planned. A couple of her Aunties were a little shocked but I didn’t here to many other complaints but I also didn’t here any comments on the cars either maybe people were a little distracted 🙄😊🤣

CABA1561-F590-4763-8AA0-35B7025697D2.jpeg

5A957158-933B-4313-BFD3-A958C00B53FB.jpeg

3DE72AA5-6FFE-4C63-A7B6-8634350AEF40.jpeg

C7AD2FCB-CF23-4EA9-8F8F-546FA71867F5.jpeg

• Like 2

While we managed (by choice) to get married with minimal expense and without fanfare or presence of antique/classic/old/vintage car(s), our delayed (planned due to our work schedules) 2+ week honeymoon trip few months later, depicted in my “Long distance driving/traveling with vintage cars“ thread, more than made up for it.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

July 27, 1974. My wife Della and I in the back seat of the Kissel touring owned at that time by Joe Antrim in Dayton, Ohio. Today this same car is owned by AACA forum regular Ron Hausman. Our family's 23 Hupmobile touring lead this little parade to the reception, but since Dad didn't have any top saddles and couldn't therefor lower the top, it was decided that we should ride in Joe's Kissel. (He nearly always had that top down). So the brides maids rode in our Hupp. 

Also in the parade that day was Tom Phuel's Model T speedster (converted decades before), and Al Fisk's Rolls Royce coupe (mid 1920's). Both of these friends were from the Cincinnati, Ohio area. 

Our wedding present that day from my parents: a barn-found 1940 Ford coupe. 

Parade in 1921 Kissel.jpg

Hupmobile leads parade to reception.jpg

40 Ford wedding present 2.jpg

• Like 2

1995 seems like yesterday.   Got married in the backyard and then had a caravan to the reception.   We used 41 Packard 120,  A 36 Packard DC and a 59 Rolls Silver Wraith Park Ward drop head.   We sat in the back of the Rolls, which I also used for my Junior Prom and I came home from the hospital in that car.

We still look exactly the same.  😉

IMG_7424.jpg

IMG_7425.jpg

• Like 1