Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Here is a photo of Chauncey Lingerman (1893-1970) of Tacoma, WA with his Ford-based motor home.  He's the guy in the white hat.  Chauncey was married to my great grand-aunt Hazel Miller.    Too bad I never met him.

1672686809_chaunceylingermanrtwbustacoma1937.jpg.1508b4d53e241fbcc3f4378443ab590b.jpg

• Like 2

Wow , just viewed every photo  posted, loved it , great window on history , not just the cars , the people , the style and the ambiance of some of the scenes. 

So many spectacular and interesting cars and so many I loved , be unfair to chose a favourite.

Many thanks  to all the posters 

stay safe 

pilgrim 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4hud said - It's a nice effort to slap this contraption together from just about nothing but not surprised it needs some road side adjustments.

Not sure what this is really. No apparent drive train unless it has left rear wheel pully/chain drive? Maybe an early "soap box derby" effort?

2 hours ago, Gunsmoke said:

4hud said - It's a nice effort to slap this contraption together from just about nothing but not surprised it needs some road side adjustments.

Not sure what this is really. No apparent drive train unless it has left rear wheel pully/chain drive? Maybe an early "soap box derby" effort?

I like the cable steering setup.  Bob 

5 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

Looks similar to something I built when I was about ten!

We should do a gig/gokart thread.   I'm pretty sure I have pictures of my best gigs (non motorized go kart).    Had some decent karts too, but no pictures of them.   But I just saw a Rupp like one of mine sell for thousands.  Shocking.

My sincere thanks to all of you who are continuing to look at and respond to this thread/topic , I am in total shock at the response!  Sure, I recognize the names of about a half dozen or more car guys who are obsessed with pre war cars and start to hyperventilate if we can't see the real thing ,or a photo, or even a part to one at least twice a day ( some of them like me, need to see something twice and hour! but I won't name names , ok Al, ok Terry, ok Ed 🙃) Keep it coming everyone, the images are an absolute delight as well as an education and view into an era long gone that is full of the old motor cars we cherish. Stay well all.

Walt

17 hours ago, 4Hud said:

Here is something quite different from a glass plate negative I have in my collection. It's a nice effort to slap this contraption together from just about nothing but not surprised it needs some road side adjustments.

BYOC.jpg

Love that he's got a spare tire mounted on the side, but no tires.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1