Hershey thoughts

lhend50

"No longer do I go to the bars "

So sorry for you! I will try and make up for your absence. Maybe we can open a AACA Members Forum Bar at the meet. We can call it "M & M's" (Minnie & Moskowitz) aka......Ed & Steve's Place. 😎

Of course, it only will serve Crown Royal on the rocks, and maybe open a Bunny Ranch branch for the weekend? 😇

Just think........better cash flow for the club, and no one will complain about the empty parking spaces after we open for business!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

We were in the red field by the arena where the Hersheyworld music was blaring at ear splitting volume. We sympathized with the vendor in front of us, and they shared that the broadcast started at 7am sharp and stopped at 11 pm. I hope for their sanity they get a new spot next year. The weird thing was in other parts of the field you couldn’t hear a thing. So that should be remembered if anyone thinks it a good place for disabled parking and staying. 

1 hour ago, playswithbrass said:

We were in the red field by the arena where the Hersheyworld music was blaring at ear splitting volume. We sympathized with the vendor in front of us, and they shared that the broadcast started at 7am sharp and stopped at 11 pm. I hope for their sanity they get a new spot next year. The weird thing was in other parts of the field you couldn’t hear a thing. So that should be remembered if anyone thinks it a good place for disabled parking and staying. 

In the Green field, we struggled to hear the National Anthem. I missed not hearing the soothing voice of the regular Hershey Region announcer. Maybe next year they will get the volume balanced out. 

• Like 1

2022 was a GREAT HERSHEY, sold some good junk, BOUGHT better stuff, selling more junk on line to pay for a real gem that I found, and hope to pay for by the end of the month. First year we rented a house for less money than the motel we were at for the last five years, grandkids loved it.  House was built in the 1920's had that vintage Hershey look, must have housed a few families that worked for Hershey over the years. Fun time even if it did rain a bit. Thank you to everyone that made the event happen. Bob

• Like 1

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

"No longer do I go to the bars "

So sorry for you! I will try and make up for your absence. Maybe we can open a AACA Members Forum Bar at the meet. We can call it "M & M's" (Minnie & Moskowitz) aka......Ed & Steve's Place. 😎

Of course, it only will serve Crown Royal on the rocks, and maybe open a Bunny Ranch branch for the weekend? 😇

Just think........better cash flow for the club, and no one will complain about the empty parking spaces after we open for business!

I like the concept of a gathering place for members to gather and get to know one another. A big tent on the grounds that opens at 5:00 (think Alan Jackson "It's five o'clock somewhere") after a hard day of buying and selling. I don't think HE&R would appreciate the name "M & M's" however. Isn't that the competition? Could Ed be persuaded to the Karaoke stage after a few drinks?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Maybe some of you veterans can give an opinion on this. This year was my third time to Hershey. Yes it is Old Car Heaven. I am surprised that a LOT of vendors had nothing but tubs of rusty unsorted junk that will never make it back on a car. Was it always like this? Fortunately, the prices they were asking for said junk were low. 

Of the three times I have been to Hershey, I have never seen the whole swap meet. It takes three days to see it all and I had only planned two. If I go back I will plan three days and see the Chocolate field first. It seemed to me there was better stuff and less junk on that field than the red field. Does anyone else observe this? 

Tom, I am not nearly the veteran as most of these guys, but I have been more than a few times. No offense meant to any vendor but about 80% of the stuff looks the same to me, but then again I do not have a pre war car. IF I were to be looking for that specific one only part I am sure that I would find it at Hershey.  I enjoy it just the same. Not to bash but to the contrary I try to get to Carlisle every year as well. Decidedly more post war/muscle car related which is my thing, there seems like a lot of vendors there that have NOTHING to do with automotive stuff.  Lets keep Hershey Great.

Hershey is great. I was looking for an oil cap for the 38 and none were to be found in the limited area I was able to walk. I happen to mention it while talking with a group of Studebaker guys and sure enough George said he had one at home and would send it to me. The connections and friends you see and meet make Hershey what it is in this rookies opinion. 
dave s 

• Like 5

Tom,  to the person looking for a specific part for their car that rusty pile of parts becomes very identifiable and maybe the last thing they needed. To the trained eye it is amazing what people find. A friend had been collecting parts for a prewar Crosley project that only was missing some very specific rear fenders that were only used a few models. He spotted them on a homemade trailer at Hershey a few years ago. The owner would not sell them so he went and found some new trailer fenders from a trailer vendor that would replace the old fenders and traded. When he started cleaning the layers of paint off they were even the same color as the rest of the body and may have been taken off that exact car because the vendor was from the same general area he had bought most of the body, I forget how long before, but seems like it was 40+. Car was finished and displayed at the Crosley Nationals a few years later.

• Like 5

Jim is so right. A pile of rusty junk to one is an important part to someone else. I went to Carlisle one year with a buddy searching for int. trim for his 57 chevy. There was a guy with literally a trailer full of what looked to me like bent, spindly, twisted crap. Dan went through stuff for about an hour while I walked around. Came back and he had all of the stuff needed to finish his interior. Didnt look like much to me but after he spent the winter straightening and polishing I would dare someone to say they were not brand new! Point is, it all looked like junk to me, but gold to Dan.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2022 at 6:27 PM, Tom Boehm said:

Maybe some of you veterans can give an opinion on this. This year was my third time to Hershey. Yes it is Old Car Heaven. I am surprised that a LOT of vendors had nothing but tubs of rusty unsorted junk that will never make it back on a car. Was it always like this? Fortunately, the prices they were asking for said junk were low. 

Of the three times I have been to Hershey, I have never seen the whole swap meet. It takes three days to see it all and I had only planned two. If I go back I will plan three days and see the Chocolate field first. It seemed to me there was better stuff and less junk on that field than the red field. Does anyone else observe this? 

This was my 53rd Hershey in a row. I go to find parts I need and underpriced parts to flip to pay for need parts. Rust "junk" is Gold to me, free pile stuff is even better. Bob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

If you want everything clean, shinny and organized, you'll pay the price.  Bring me buckets old crappy spark plugs and I'll happy!  This circa 1903 TGI (Torbensen Gear Incorporated) spark plug was found in the bottom of just such a bucket at Hershey last year.  Photo is after cleaning the grease, rust, crud and crap off of it.  It's a very rare plug, forerunner of the well-known Rajah plug.  Along with it I bought a whole handful of original Champion X plugs that I've cleaned and plan to actually use in m 1914 Model T. Total cost $5.00. 

Junk is good!

Terry

TGI.jpg

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think I am beating the proverbial dead horse, I need Matt Harwood's gif!  The spaces were PAID for.  AACA cannot guard against hurricanes, illnesses, death, personal issues, etc.  There are many reasons why those spaces are empty but they were paid for.  The show will get tightened up the best it can be as next year we lose some more real estate.

• Like 4

All the complaints seem to be coming from let’s say the experienced crowd. Maybe the placement of a few well placed benches would be a big plus. They could even be marked for “over 60 only”. Then maybe it would stop the complaints of having to walk soooooo far between vendors due to empty spaces. 
As a Hershey rookie I walked the red field and chocolate field, picked up my show packet and walked back to where the Studebaker tent was then on to the handicap parking lot, to the space I created between two portable light fixtures. Moved the car then put the lights back in there original positions. 
It was hard with my physical disabilities but I’ll do it again in a minute because Hershey was that much fun. Quit complaining and enjoy the fact there is a Hershey for us to attend. 
dave s

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 2

On 10/17/2022 at 6:02 PM, Steve Moskowitz said:

I think I am beating the proverbial dead horse, I need Matt Harwood's gif!  The spaces were PAID for.  AACA cannot guard against hurricanes, illnesses, death, personal issues, etc.  There are many reasons why those spaces are empty but they were paid for.  The show will get tightened up the best it can be as next year we lose some more real estate.

The only constant is that there will continue to be change. For all of the shortcomings people perceive, where else would you want to be in October? I know I appreciate all the work the Hershey Region and the AACA puts into it.  I am counting the days till next year!!! 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 10/12/2022 at 5:00 AM, coachJC said:

I rarely make comments about something like this, but, as the comments above have stated, don't bring up an issue unless you have a solution, so here are my thoughts.

As with many others I have been coming to Hershey since I was 10 yrs old with my father and always as a vender starting back when we were in the white field at the end of the old airport runway. Prior to the covid yrs my dad came 59 yrs in a row and and its been 41yrs for me. An older gentleman that is now in his early 80s that vends beside me has 2 bad knees and a bad hip so for the last 6 yrs, below is the mobility scooter that he brings to help him get around the flee market. This is the type of scooter that for me is acceptable for the flee market, they are small, single passenger use, and work quite well as I can attest from the vendor seeing him get around on it. I don't like the golf carts, because they are just like todays pickup trucks and have gotten really big from what they were 20yrs ago and if they have 4 seats they have 4 passengers whether they need it to get around or not.. My suggestion would be for the golf cart issue is that golf carts specifically are not allowed but mobility scooters are. I think this would take care of many of the concerns that both the vendors and visitors have and both HERCO and the Hershey Region. This is a way for those that require a way to get around to have one and it is also easy to identify someone breaking to rules with a golf cart as no golf carts would be allowed and may make it easier to inforce, which I know is the biggest issue. 

I say give a 1 yr grace period for the change over to no golf carts just mobility scooters, everyone who brings a golf cart next yr gets a notice to not bring it back the following yr. I don't know all the legalities involved so this idea may work or it may not, my worry is someone is going to get hurt bad due to the size of the golf carts that are starting to show up. 

image.png.9765559b55dd529de2fb2cdbbdab8e7e.png

I seen golf carts going around this past yr that were even bigger than this one shown below.

After reading the few comments on the subject of gulf carts in the swap meet area, my two cents worth may not be worth one penny, because I have never been to Hershey yet. But I am trying to get my 1939 Chevy COE toy hauler project done in time to travel from the North West to Hershey so I can go to the Hershey swap meet I have herd so much about all my life. I want to go there just once before it's to late in my life. But here it is, I'm now 67 yr old & have been handy caped for the last 21 years. Old car accessory parts & swap meets are my biggest passion. I can't wait for every swap meet here in Oregon, in Washington state & Northern Calif. But for the last 6/7 years now my legs won't let me walk, so I now bring my handy cap scooter with a little red wagon hitched up to the back & now I can go through all these smaller meets all day & buy anything I want. I go back & forth to my car with a full load in my wagon & back for more. As I go down the center of the lanes. I stop in the center & than with pane I can visit any vender I think may have something I am interested in. But even my smaller scooter with a small red wagon I still gets in the way of the many people packed shoulder to shoulder in the early mornings, I can't imagine what a huge gulf cart would be like to get around for walkers & me in my scooter & wagon trailing behind. Gulf carts are not for handy cap, they are for lazy healthy visitors. They should only be used for the many volunteer workers running the Hershey event. They are what keeps the event going & must jump from one to another place all day keeping things going smooth.... There, that's my two cents worth.

Good luck keeping them out once they have a leg in the door....

Edited by Oldschoolantiqueauto (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I've been attending Hershey since the 1990s so I can remember the days before the internet took over as the key means of finding hard to find parts. Hershey Region does do a wonderful job putting on this massive event each year and I am very appreciative for what they do.

I've theorized over recent years that the flea market spots should be judged/evaluated every year. If during any 3 years during 5 year period 50% of the square footage of your purchased spot(s) is/are not being used to sell automotive related items then you would forfeit your claim to that location and would be relocated to the perimeter of the flea market.

A three year policy would give vendors some allowances for bad weather, sickness, and other excuses for them not to fill their spaces. Mandating that a certain percentage of the space be used for actual selling would allow for some square footage to still be used for camping or daily transport. A team could ride around in a golf cart and visualize the spots and if any spot looks to violate the policy and a simple tape measure could quickly be used to determine the amount of actual space being used for selling. Teams could evaluate a spot anytime Tues-Friday 8am-5pm during the event, this would encourage people to still set up for selling the entirety of the event. People with multiple spots would be evaluated as a total square footage of all the spots they purchased so they could still layout their total area to their choosing, but if their square footage of selling is below the percentage required they could choose to eliminate a number of their multiple spots or have all their spots relocated. This would also help eliminate the issue of people sub-renting spots for profits to others, as the owner would be responsible for their sub-rental tenant filling their spot at the risk of loosing the spot. This policy could also regulate the use of spaces being used to sell non-automotive items (not a huge item at Hershey currently, but at other events this is becoming a big issue).

Yes, adopting a policy of this nature would create more work for an already hardworking Hershey Region, but it would also help ensure the quality their event is maintained and that Hershey continues as the premiere automotive flea market in the hobby; ultimately attracting more buyers and people wanting to sell. If the Fall Hershey Meet attracts 1300-1500 cars on the show field and they are all point judged/evaluated within a four hour period, the 9000 flea market spaces could be evaluated methodically over the four days. Many commented how the Hershey Region workers never get a chance to view the flea market cause they are busy working the event, well here is a task where they could view a portion of the flee market and do a job at the same time. 

These are just some of my thoughts I've been having over the last few years.  Walking 50-75% empty spot rows only to walk past a spot with a giant RV with one card table out front with a dozen items for sale hurts the quality of the Hershey Experience. The QUANTITY of spaces at the Hershey Flea Market hasn't changed over the years, but the QUALITY has unfortunately. These thoughts most likely won't even be considered for a couple more decades, but there will come a point the issue will need to be addressed.

My 2¢. It is not intended to offend anyone but only offer an idea I've been having and wanted to share. It must be said, I fully believe the AACA wouldn't be the great organization it is without the Hershey Region and the amazing event they put on every year. Kudos to AACA National and the Hershey Region for making 2022 Hershey a success with the changes difficult HE&R has forced upon the club to accept.

Kyle

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am sure the weather down south was a big reason for some of the empty spaces. I live in North Carolina and was do sure we were going to make it this year but it turned out OK and we were able to set up on Monday.  Even with the terrible weather on Tuesday and I only setting up for part of the day I sold more items that day than I have ever sold in one day a Hershey. Sometimes sales are better if you are one the few that are selling. Hershey Region is OUTSTANDING and would like to thank them for all they do for the rest of us. I will be setting up again next year. Thanks.

Bear in mind that many of the spots being used for parking are used by BUYERS.  I don't care about the "non vending spots".  What I will care about is folks not buying spaces and not attending Hershey because of too many rules and restrictions. Personally we reserve a space or 2 every year so we can invite new customers to experience "Hershey". They likely wouldn't come if they had to park in the public parking and try to find our spots.  AACA has gained several good members thru our efforts. Why mess with a good thing? Hershy is just like a family reunion.  Some folks bring a covered dish and some don't but all are welcome.

• Like 1

Again for the life member I am since early sixties. Father passed in 2012 he did selling 52 years straight. My brother and I buy 10 spots every year for parts selling, I have friends that need more then three to get truck and trailer in and they have hard times getting spots of more then 4 together, so while you and every Tom Dick and Harry eat up parking, your Inadvertently killing the greatest event of the Antique Car world of Preservation. Its bad enough each year Herco is pinching off some of Red field and disrupting guys that have had those spaces for years. The rules are there for a reason. all I can say is its a flea market not a parking spot for friends if they really are looking for parts they will park outside shuttle in , get a scooter if handicapped. Keep taking up the spots for sellers and its over. I have lots and lots of Foreign Buyers also that come every year and it cost some 4k and up before they step on the grounds. Airfare, Hotels,Rental cars. I seriously do not think they want to see your friends cars eating up potential parts vendor spots. Rules say if you have a space you must have merchandise on it to sell Period. As Forrest Gump says: That’s all I have to say about that. 
Happy New Year! See you in October Hershey Region, Just mailed in my money and registration for 2023.

• Like 3

I see at least one truck and one trailer parked behind your goods for sale. Suppose you used two of your ten spaces to park your truck and trailer and rearranged your stuff for sale so it would fit on 8 spaces. Should you then be denied spaces because you had two spaces that you were used just for parking? Walking past two spaces used for parking and eight spaces used for vending is the same walking distance as ten spaces with stuff for sale spread out over ten spaces. Not trying to start an argument. I just don't think requiring every space to hold items for sale is the solution.

• Like 1

Having a truck or trailer used to bring parts to the swap meet in the first place doesn't bother me in the least. I have a truck and trailer that need to go somewhere so I arrange things to have the maximum parts visible to passers-by and I would think that is totally acceptable. Heck, it doesn't even bother me too much if a guy pays for space to park his car and sets up one table of stuff for sale, at least there is SOMETHING. What has me baffled is the amount of spaces with NOTHING on them! Do people really pay for spaces and not show up at all? Sure there is going to be things like sickness, weather, car trouble or something that will prevent some from attending, but the amount of empty spaces seems to be more and more with each passing year. 10 years ago you could go down each row of the awap meet and see very few empty spaces. Last year I saw many rows that were not worth walking down because of they looked like a ghost town.

I don't have a good answer. There's no good way I can think of to police it or keep track of who does what with their spaces. Not without investing lots of time and effort. 

On 1/16/2023 at 8:48 AM, Restorer32 said:

I see at least one truck and one trailer parked behind your goods for sale. Suppose you used two of your ten spaces to park your truck and trailer and rearranged your stuff for sale so it would fit on 8 spaces. Should you then be denied spaces because you had two spaces that you were used just for parking? Walking past two spaces used for parking and eight spaces used for vending is the same walking distance as ten spaces with stuff for sale spread out over ten spaces. Not trying to start an argument. I just don't think requiring every space to hold items for sale is the solution.

In answer to your ridiculous way to spin it? We have ten spots we park my Truck and Trailer and my brothers on the back of all Ten spots, and all parts are laid out in the front so all can see there are many parts  for sale so hopefully they will turn down our isle and shop. Once about 8-8500 lbs of parts are unloaded from mine and equal from brothers trailer, then our wifes have to convert trailers to be able to camp in there each night. If we did your idea then four truck and trailers would block people from seeing all the parts for sale and may go to next row. My truck is 22’ plus trailer 20’ plus the Y frame same as. Brothers so 30’ deep will not do a truck and trailer we do not leave field whole show.

I am done with this discussion.

Cheers

• Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 7:55 AM, thehandleman said:

Something for all of un old farts to think about.

Ha thehandleman, don't let these guys get to you. I think that every-one can agree that times are a changing in the 21st century, especially since the virous epidemic" & It ant going to get better either" & us old farts don't like changes. We are like an old dog, we don't want to learn new tricks, we already know every thing there is to know. We need to Keep all this in mind when it comes to complaining about how things are changing around us. 

Swap meets all over the country in every town, in every state have gotten smaller & smaller. As a  vender in my town for many years, I know that some vender want that same spot every year,  like a lucky rabbits foot we want that spot every time. Problem with that thought is, these days that favored spot may be the only spot in that lane. LOL

Hershey is a  weak long swap meet & venders bring very expensive car parts that sit out side in the winter weather, plus they need to be guarded from todays opportunist thieves. Not like the old days when you could trust your nabor that if it started raining in the middle of the night, & he saw that the wind blow your tarp off your parts, he would come & re-cover them for you. As a vender, It used to be that we saw the same venders as nabors & got to become friends & want to see them again next year. Again things change & some of our nabors have died off or gotten to old to attend. "more frustrations as an old fart". So we got to change with the times.

One possible solution might be, "& this is just my two cents worth" & this would take four years to straighten out, so bear with me on this.

(First),Hershey announces that in two years they will stop allowing venders to pick there spots. BUT ONLY FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS

starting in two years from now venders will still be able to buy as many spots as they want. But no longer can a vehicle or trailer be parked along side there parts unless it is for sale, any vehicles  not for sale must be parked behind there items for sale. For example, if it takes 5 spots to park your truck & trailer behind your items you can purchase five spots, but it will be first come first serve. JUST FOR TWO YEARS. Now this Gives Hershey a chance to fill the lanes.

It also gives venders a chance to meet new nabors. "Remember", some of our favored nabors are no longer with us. if your fevered nabor is still coming, you can make plans to become nabors again in two years. Now the swap meet can condense to meet the twenty first century times. 

This gives venders two years to get prepared, than two years of changing, or call it re-grouping. So in four years from now, things will have some-what of a normality.  The lanes will be full again, & buyers won't need to walk through 100 lanes to see 40 lanes of parts. Also, no longer will a vender want to squeeze all his parts into one spot & take another four spots of personal truck & trailer. Now he will want to spread everything out, making it easier to view his parts.

It sounds good on paper, but????? LOL...........

have a Gooder

On 1/14/2023 at 6:34 AM, thehandleman said:

Here is a Photo of all Ten spaces of Last Years Show.

Cheers

F471A24B-C675-4B3F-BDAA-F75B49DAFEA1.jpeg

I'm not sure what I'm seeing here. But it looks like maybe 40+ feet of tables & a semi tractor unhooked & pulled forward from a trailer that may be another 20' outside the photo? At least your extra length trailer is behind your tables, not up front beside your tables. Maybe you can even offer your nabor a little of your unused frontal area to help him spread out his parts, if they don't get in your way? What's wrong here is I'm not in the photo. I am hard at planning to go to Hershey this fall, even if I half to fly..... If any one has a 1936 Pontiac teardrop taillight, I'll buy it... LOL

On 1/18/2023 at 5:22 PM, ted sweet said:

when look done a  row and see mostly parking i pass that row

I don't blame you, if a vender comes to a swap meet with a 40' trailer behind a 20' semi tractor & unloads one 8' table of parts, he's not there for a sale, he's there for the party. Put him on the party row. 

Another suggestion, since a-lot of venders pre-pay for there spots in a year advance, maybe it would be good for AACA to start a place here on the web for pre-paid spots to be re-sold if later in the year that vender realizes he can't make it to the meet. He can offer his spots for re-sale here on the web? Maybe we don't even need a special page here in the site? Perhaps venders should think about that, If you purchased spots early in the year & plans have changed later, advertise your pre-paid spots up for sale. AACA may louse some money at first, but they will recover in a year or two once the lanes start getting filled again. I'm sure through the years some venders have stooped driving the long distance to sale for the same reason you mentioned. But as more buyers brag about the meet, more buyers will come back & so will more venders come back that have given-up. As it stands now, there sure a lot of complaining...

Another possible solution might be, "& this is just my two cents worth" & this would take four years to straighten out, so bear with me on this.

(First),Hershey announces that in two years they will stop allowing venders to pick there spots. BUT ONLY FOR THE NEXT TWO YEARS

So starting in two years from the announcement, venders will still be able to buy as many spots as they want, but no longer can a vehicle or trailer be parked along side there parts unless it is for sale, any vehicles  not for sale must be parked behind there items for sale. For example, if it takes 5 spots to park your truck & trailer behind your items you can purchase five spots, even if your parts only take-up 2 or 3 spots, but it will be first come first serve. JUST FOR TWO YEARS. Now this Gives Hershey a chance to fill the lanes again.

It also gives venders a chance to meet new nabors. Some of our favored nabors are no longer with us. if your fevered nabor is still coming, you can make plans to become nabors again in two years. Now the swap meet can condense to meet the twenty first century times. 

This gives venders two years to get prepared, & two years of changing, or call it re-grouping. So in four years from now, things will have some-what of a normality.  The lanes will be full again, & buyers won't need to walk through 100 lanes to see 40 lanes of parts. Also, no longer will a vender want to squeeze all his parts into one spot & take another spot or two just for there personal truck & trailer. Now he will want to spread everything out, making it easier to view his parts. 

I'm sure some venders with 60' of truck & trailer with only 30 ' of tables may think I'm complaining about the extra spaces taken just for there long trailers, No, not at all. At least your trailer is behind your tables, not up front beside your tables. I'm sure your trailer also gives you a living place for a long week of sales. But if you have 60' of truck/trailer with one 8' table of parts, please respect others & go back to the party row. We all think of our selves first in life, but be concentrate of others. Think about it, you may be part of the problem, try becoming part of the solution???

• 7 months later...

I went once and never went back because of the empty space and it was before the weather issues with 2022.  I walked the entire thing, found one part and ended up with a foot issue that lasted for over a year.  I drug a garden trailer behind me the whole way because "there's so much stuff to buy".   Unfortunately not.

I understand the social aspect of it and that's great, it built the hobby.   I think the above idea (in some variation) of having a serious are for sales and the rest of the area for more relaxed spaces would be great. 

Im grateful to be alive....

Im grateful I became a car nut when I was a kid ....

Im grateful I joined the AACA  Lifetime years ago , With my WW2 Uncles and the Model A club.

I understand all of the comments.

Im just GRATEFUL we still have the event!

See you all with bells....

GTJOEY1314

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Gtjoey said:

Im grateful to be alive....

Im grateful I became a car nut when I was a kid ....

Im grateful I joined the AACA  Lifetime years ago , With my WW2 Uncles and the Model A club.

I understand all of the comments.

Im just GRATEFUL we still have the event!

See you all with bells....

GTJOEY1314

I like this.  It is a great attitude that sometimes we all lose sight of.

EDIT:  When I was a little younger and a little more immature I would complain about the nuisances at Hershey.   All spots used for parking, the golf karts with cans, the weather.  Then I wised up and realized I better enjoy it while it lasts.

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

My biggest complaint with Hershey is that I live too close to stay the night and far enough to not go more than one day in a row! So I only get one day to enjoy the event. Been there many times, sometimes I only come home with an oversized reeses cup, but I still go back!! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1