Suddenly It's 1960!

TexRiv_63

Sorry to mislead any Forward Look Mopar fans but this is about my latest new car - a 1960 Buick LeSabre Bubbletop! I actually bought this car in the middle of April but it has taken me until last night to get it shipped to Texas. This is another of my "all-time favorite list" cars and I was powerless to resist its fins, two-tone paint and wide whites. I was very pleased that it looked even better coming off the truck than I expected. Once I have a chance to give it a good checkout and drive I will start threads in My Cars and the Buick Forums.

Edited by TexRiv_63
link (see edit history)
  • Like 21

Don, the 1960 Buick was the first car I fell in love with at age five (1963.) So dramatic and stylish! I had a model of one that my grandma bought for me at the corner drug store down the street. I wish I still had it so I could send it to you. (It would be nerve wracking to see it unloaded off the truck. 😃) Congrats on the beautiful new old car.

• Thanks 1

Great Looking Car Good Luck. I helped my friend restore a 60 Buick Wagon one of the western interior editions, I could look at that car for hours, I think every marque  in GM for 1960 GM had fantastic lines

Thanks for sharing, best of luck

• Thanks 1

Also a favorite of mine. Many people seem to prefer 1959's but in my eyes the 1960 is top's. In Jr. high the girl I thought was the best looking in the school had a boyfriend a few years older , around 1973 or 1974. He drove a 1960 LeSabre convert. It was probably worth all of $350.00 at the time but that guy had it all , the perfect car and the perfect girl. I expect the Buick is long gone by now, even in the early 70's time was starting to nibble away at it. No idea of what eventually happened to the girl, I moved to a far suburb at the end of grade 11 and never saw her again.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Fossil said:

Very nice vehicle. Glad I'm not the one to load and unload the cars out of that trailer. How does he get in and out of the car when it's in the trailer?

Driving one of those rigs and handling the cars is a very tough job. There is just enough room on the sides for them to squeeze into the cars and a 2 door car the size of this one makes it a real challenge.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 41Fleetwood said:

Beautiful car !  I am waiting for a 60 Caddy Coupe from the same carrier, looks like they take good care of their deliverys ,knowing it will be in good hands doesn't make the wait any easier,   congrats !

Thanks! This is the third time I have used Passport and I highly recommend them, well worth the cost.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

You were due, looks great, just tell me the little Chevy coupe is not being re-homed! (A new term I see dog folks use lately!)

The 34 coupe was sold to make room for this one. I will add more in my Our Cars thread.

• Like 1