WEBSITE SLOW

GARY F

ever since they up dated this website every thing is so slow. i have to beat the mouse. all my other sites as soon as i hit the mouse the page jumps to where i want to go, or is it just me. and i like this site.

I find it's better to bring the site up directly from the desktop. I used to use it from the "favorites" on Internet Explorer and I wish I still could because you can travel much easier to other sites for research but it is just unresponsive. I also am having trouble when I click on a thumbnail I can't go back to the page.

............ I can barely see the avitars, is that a joke about them being too large? Bob

Bob, the Avatars are larger, those running down the side, plus those in your signature tag.

I do not think that is the problem though, because when I go to a thread without pictures, it still takes about 10-14 seconds for my cursor to become active again.

• GARY F
    user-offline.png
    63 BONNE<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; height: auto !important; float: left; width: 180px; "><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">Aug 2008</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Location</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">S.C.</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">143</dd></dl>
    [h=2]Re: new format[/h]

NO, I LIKE THE OLD BETTER & the new one is so slow.

[*]1 Hour Ago

1937hd45

user-online.png

Senior Member<dl class="userinfo_extra" style="margin: 5px 0px; height: auto !important; float: left; width: 180px; "><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Join Date</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">Nov 2001</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Posts</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">6,999</dd><dt style="margin: 0px 10px 0px 0px; padding: 0px; float: left; text-align: left; min-width: 60px; width: auto !important; ">Images</dt><dd style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px 0px 3px; ">1</dd></dl>

[h=2]Re: WEBSITE SLOW[/h]

So slow i gave up trying to visit daily. It is Sunday and I have time to kill. I can barely see the avitars, is that a joke about them being too large? Bob

• I don't have a problem with it being slow, but I get the feeling that the site participation has dropped off. A friend who does a site for a specific make/club changed the clubs site to what looks like AACA's new site. Attendance has dropped way off on that one too. I don't know if AACA is tracking numbers, but on my friends site attendance has dropped by 1/2.
      D.

Yep, a lot slower for me too. And, my 'back' arrow will not work all the time.......not sure what is up with that, this is the only place that happens.

Also very slow for me on both my computers, unlike the decent speed prior to the updates.

The reason your “back” doesn’t work is: if you are in an area of the form like general discussion and opening several posts, click on the drop down arrow at the forward and back buttons (top left of screen) and you will see many lines of facebook tags preventing you from getting out of the thread. If you are only going through one or two posts / threads most of the time the “back” button will work.

For me there is/was a delay when you first select a forum topic. The delay was about 5 seconds. I've noticed that now the delay is in the 2-3 second realm and thus not bad at all. As Peter said, this is probably server related and probably not something that is going to change. After the initial delay, however, the rest of the page loads nearly instantaneous. My internet connection is through Comcast and it runs at around 23mbps. That is pretty fast and thus would make me think that delays people are seeing are more related to the increased amount of data sent rather than something 'wrong' with the website on the back end. I use Chrome as my browser.

The good news: no difference in speed old to new (quad processor, Windows 7, IE)

The bad news: this site is the slowest that I visit. Typically, I sign in (15~30 seconds), then do a search on carb*. I then open another browser, and visit a couple of other sites. Generally (not always) by the time I get back the search will have completed.

This is NOT a complaint, rather a statement of fact to back up others in the thread.

I still visit each day if I can.

Jon.

If I may suggest something in layman's terms that may be of use to some, the new site will load slower the first time you visit each page because the old site was already "stored" in your system via cookies, etc., to allow quicker load times. Ever notice how a new site you have never visited before seems slower than ones you use commonly? That's why. After navigating around a bit, you should see things return to at least the prior level of speed, tho as mentioned it may still be slow in general due to server limitations.

Also, I use Firefox and have no problems, and in fact also use the adblocker plugin which really speeds up forums for me since it prevents all those little random ads from loading before I can view the page. On most sites the ads have to be loaded before you can view the content, this is done to ensure that companies buying ad space get their money's worth in terms of exposure to the public. Try it out if you use Firefox and I'm confident you will be happy with the results. It's free, easy to install, easy to turn on and off or remove later, and it blocks most ads on all sites not just forums. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-plus/

I was going to say I thought it was fine and I'm also coming here from my favorites. Also I'm on dial-up. I visit another hobby site daily. If I told you which one you could go there and see what slow is. (Got all that said and it would not post. Said AACA was not responding.) Then I lost my connection to the net and had to hook back up.