Grandkids helping pack up on Wednesday, ride home in the rain Thursday was uneventful. All in all a good time, our favorite restaurant changed ownership, we won't be going back, family dog will be with us next year, along with the '12 T for the Saturday show. The next 300 days will fly by. Bob 

IMG_8246.JPG

Definitely a mixed bag of weather this week at Hershey. I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of rain on the roof of my friends RV at 4 am then I went back to sleep. The Weather Underground web site I posted earlier in this thread was Spot On down to when the rain changed to showers, the showers stopped and the full clouds went to partly sunny skies. Talk about accurate.

Charlie

On 10/12/2018 at 7:40 AM, John_S_in_Penna said:

Ted, the show field should be perfect.

It is a former golf course, and must have been

superbly designed for proper drainage.

A few years ago, we had over 9 inches of rain

during the week of Hershey;  when the rain ended and Saturday

came, I was expecting a muddy mess on the show field,

but I don't think there was even a single pound of mud.

This year's inch of rain shouldn't cause a single problem.

Yes we were very impressed about not having muddy or even wet shoes walking the car show.

That being said, even the well drained, former golf course was no match for the large & heavy 1985 American LaFrance pumper. 

Fortunately the WWII military vehicle Corbitt Prime Mover was available and pulled him out, ez as pie. 

After monsoons a few years ago SOME people still do not trust that the field will be suitable for a car show.  Thankfully those that braved the early morning rain had a terrific day with monstrous crowds.  Ted you need a new weather channel as 45 degrees?  I was there at 6:15 AM and it was in the high 50's.  Got warm enough later for me to take my coat off.  Rain, heat, wind and all it was a super GREAT Hershey week. 

• Like 1

After 10 am, the rest of the day was partly sunny (or partly cloudy, depending on the optimist or pessimist in you), and in the mid-50s.  Here's what it looked like for most of the afternoon, up to the end of the show...

IMG_6489.JPG