Fun times were had by all.... Visited 3,000 car collection/liquidation in Northern CA

keiser31

2 minutes ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

Love the tree in between the body and bumper.😂

There were a few like that. A friend who had been there years ago told me that area was treeless when he last saw the vehicles.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Giftman said:

Thanks for the pics and bringing us along with the fascinating experience of finding a place seemingly “lost in time”….thank you for NOT posting any pictures of my beloved 1964-1972 Oldsmobiles - makes window shopping that much easier! 

I DID see a decent Cutlass that was about a 1967-8-9 style. Sorry I did not get a photo of that and see the rest of the property. There were so many vehicles, it was sort of a blur at times. The guy may have been in a hurry or tired.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

My OCD is off the charts....

rake1.jpg.40366baff52df70e6b91a066fa2f5641.jpgrake2.jpg.c39a0b488e39f0f4e65d5dc20678da4d.jpgrake3.jpg.0673b3fe7ebdb16851c4edc88371b84f.jpg

I think that you are thinking a little too light duty.  I was thinking more along these lines:

image.jpeg.7ef031e757ea0fca11ae1053d1bca9c8.jpeg

image.jpeg.a224afadf7dbcca0a76692829ffaf09b.jpeg

image.jpeg.7593bb3bd389d6f606a0d0883106029e.jpeg

Kidding aside there does look to be more than a few treasures there and if they can get one acre clear it will be the most difficult one, then they will have room to work.  Wish I was closer but glad I'm not!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, lump said:

How would one find out more about going there, or seriously checking out a car or two? 

Look at the "3000+ cars" thread for an email.

I thank the gang who took all the photos  --- certainly an interesting trip through yesterday....

I thank the moderators of this site, who permitted the photos to be displayed, because I am sure there are thousands of us who will never go there for various reasons, but have followed this thread since its beginning, like me....

My living 3000 miles away, I knew there was no way I would even think of making the trek, but I was definitely curious to see what was there --- and the pictures bring this story to life.....

Some vehicles from this junkyard / graveyard may / will be saved --- but it sure looks like a major undertaking to even do so....

Looks like a classic situation of neglect and almost abandonment, by the owner, who probably had good intentions, but then grew too old, and was just simply overwhelmed....

It seems like many,  thousands of dollar vehicles turned into hundreds of dollars cars, by the years of neglect / hoarding.....

God Bless those who revive a very small portion of what remains,

And Good Luck in your venture.....

Thanks again to all who made video evidence of all of this !!!

Craig....

• Like 8

This reminds me of something we have here in North West GA.  WE have a place called old car city that was a working junkyard until about sometime in the eighties .  there are about forty acres of mostly fifties ,sixties and seventies cars still here   You can come and take a look but they won't sell you any parts.  I donated the bones of a 1916 Oakland the I parted out and I have free admission for all time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

Reality is you would need to be in your late 30's to take on any of those projects, and nobody in there 30's now is really interested in projects. 

Maybe two guys in their 60's could do one?

Thats the kind of thing that will make an ole guy sleep like a baby. Start the day jacked up on coffee, walking and climbing over obstacles, fighting snakes for space, then the highs and lows of some exciting and some duds but the overall getty up in your step at the end of the day lights a fire to dig more the next day/week.

Any of the fastback Cudas a 1968 Formula S 383 by chance? Also interested in anything 1970 with a 426 or 440. 

Funny how some say this is sad yet are even in the hobby to begin with. Guess some of us still get excited when we see the potential. 
Make no mistake, most of those worth saving will find good homes and it will either get a new hobbyist started or rejuvinate the blood flow in a veteran. Either way, it's good for the hobby to see finds like these that show they are still out there.

Kudos for the photos and thanks for sharing the experience with all of us.

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

Reality is you would need to be in your late 30's to take on any of those projects, and nobody in there 30's now is really interested in projects. 

I am still working on projects I started in my early 30’s. Ugh. 

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, keiser31 said:

There were a few like that. A friend who had been there years ago told me that area was treeless when he last saw the vehicles.

I can tell you right now,  prior to what the green crowd thinks,  trees and brush grow extremely fast.  I cut our drive way back,  alot,  ever few years. I spend hours weed eating and brush cutting our property almost every week.  It's a serious battle to keep it from turning back into the forest.  

I have so much equipment that the garage is starting to look like a stihl dealership and it all gets used. 

I told the wife if we ever sell the house, the potential buyers will come up and see the tool shed and the big garage full of equipment I use on the property and they will run away. 

• Like 4

I have a picture of what happens when a blackberry vine gets in a open wing window on a 47 Hudson truck. You get that green house thing going through the windshield. Throw in Pacific Northwest rain and humidity. You get thick lush berry producing vines that take over an interior. Yummy berries.😋

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Too bad the Owner/Hoarder didn't invest in a huge warehouse with a sea of lifts.  Instead of buying everything that was a "good deal," he could have been more selective and only purchased what he could store inside...

3 minutes ago, 63RedBrier said:

Too bad the Owner/Hoarder didn't invest in a huge warehouse with a sea of lifts.  Instead of buying everything that was a "good deal," he could have been more selective and only purchased what he could store inside...

The place was a tow yard, so a choice was not really in the mix. The guy just picked up all of the broken down and abandoned cars around the area.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, 63RedBrier said:

Care to figure out what the town property tax would be on that building? 

• Haha 1