Misc humor and interesting videos

The boss came up to the new salesman at the end of his first day and asked how things had gone. “Great,” said the new kid. “I sold about $110,000 worth of stuff today.” Amazed the boss asked how. “Well,” said the newbie, “first I sold him one of those new lures, and of course I sold him new line to go with it. I then said he’d probably need a new reel to go with it, and he should probably get a new pole, too. Which he did. Then I talked him into a new boat and trailer, and of course he’d need a new truck to haul it. All total about $110,000.” “That’s amazing,” said the boss, “all because he needed a new fishing lure.” “Oh, no,” said the kid. “When he came in he said his wife sent him for a box of Tampax. I told him, ‘Oh, buddy. You’re weekend is shot. You might as well just go fishing!’”

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can identify with this one. Had a huge snow storm while I was in college that closed the whole area down for several days. I spent the better part of a day digging out my 1962 Metropolitan and drove it to a different parking lot while they cleared the one where I was suppose to park. A group of "Friends" that recognized my car and that I was in their parking lot, picked it up and sat it on a pile of snow so the wheels were a foot or so off the ground. I didn't have the energy to dig it out again and begged till they lifted it off.

SmartCar.jpeg

I was the guy that got a few other pledges to help me carry the pledge master’s VW up to the front porch of the Sig Ep house at Uof Ill. Then we buried it under the snow we had to shovel. This was the day before Xmas break. It was still there when we came back and the active brothers decided it was time I was kicked out of the house!  Got an apartment after that stunt. 
dave s 

On 2/28/2021 at 6:50 PM, Jim Bollman said:

When you need a bigger wrench.

RightLefty.jpeg

Looks like something a mechanical engineer would do.  

Question is,  is there anything wrong(or right) with it?

🤔

7 hours ago, 1937McBuick said:

🤔

Those who follow the rules explicitly are likely to get run over by the car traveling the wrong way on a one way street.

17 hours ago, 1937McBuick said:

🤔

I would guess that top wrench especially could really fly if it slipped off!

1 hour ago, zipdang said:

I would guess that top wrench especially could really fly if it slipped off!

Couldn't go any farther than the length of the chain ! More likely than not, it would just fall to the side.

1 hour ago, Gangster said:

Area51_Insurance.jpg

I had one of those call today. Sir what's the year and make of your vehicle? 

Me: you call me that my warranty is about to expire, so you tell me.

Her: just verifying 

Me: 1936 Packard

Her: you have a newer car?

Me: yes a 2087 Ford...

She hang up 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, bdc said:

I had one of those call today. Sir what's the year and make of your vehicle? 

Me: you call me that my warranty is about to expire, so you tell me.

Her: just verifying 

Me: 1936 Packard

Her: you have a newer car?

Me: yes a 2087 Ford...

She hang up 🤣

How did you get a 2087 model year car delivered to you in or before 2021? Enquiring minds want to know. . .

Some guy called me yesterday to tell me that I have a problem with my social security and I will most likely be going to jail this afternoon.

I replied that he should get a real job, He said I guess I would if I could find one and hung up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1