COOL BARN FIND STORY WITH 23 CARS FOUND

Sactownog

Usually “barn find” lies are so exaggerated that it really should be .......”mother-in-law’s garage”. In this case, there was no barn, just a scrap woodpile on top of the cars. Sad fate to a bunch of cars that have gone down hill so far that they may not even qualify as parts cars.

• Like 3

Seems sad to me to see all these cool old cars rotted to the point of being almost useless. There are many, many people in this world that are interested in fixing up old cars. Something different than the normal mass produced modern car. I suppose at one time these old cars were just mass produced old crap that nobody wanted. Today they are neat and different. Imagine had the owner put them up for attractive, low prices before he passed on? We all know there is not one car there that doesn't need years of dedication to make it nice again. There is no Gold Mine seen here. Rather you'd likely need to own a gold mine to have the financial backing to restore a few of them. None of us are perfect, but hoarding all these cars in a barn for decades seems a little senseless to me.

Edited by keithb7 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Stories like this remind me that some people see themselves as owners of old cars, while others see themselves as stewards. Even though I don't have much money to spend on fixing up old cars, my hope is that my old cars leave me in  better condition than when they came. Or at least in as-good condition.

• Like 2

Some people appear to want to be remembered as being the man buried in the graveyard who had the largest collection of old cars. I am sure that the owner had pleasant dreams about his old cars and what he intended to do to restore those vehicles right up to the date that he passed away. sad that his storage plans went awry. 

People ask me why I don't sell some of my cars.

I answer "well they don't eat, so I can afford to keep them"

If I sell them, there goes all my memories and all I have left is some money that will be foolishly be spent on food, clothes, rent and other unimportant things and will soon be gone.

"Having 15 cars is much better than having only 14 cars.":)

One last word for those that say you should sell your cars so that others can enjoy them. Why would you want to take away the last bit of joy that an old man has?

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 1:18 AM, mike6024 said:

4d20f46f426d3c8377821e0545adff2b

What is that little air cooled looking car in the second row, second from the right? Right behind the early 50's Pontiac in the first row?

At first glace I though it was a Corvair, but at second glance it's obviously not.

1963 NSU Prinz 4

image.jpeg.c56b12b4d1bb14c4154917ab581562cc.jpegimage.jpeg.b21a1f75c6407945efbb131e80a94e04.jpeg

Weird to have that one in this list.

1933 (?) Dodge Brothers sedan
1934 Ford Coupe
1934 Plymouth 4 Door
1936 Ford 5-Window Coupe
1937 Ford V-8
1938 Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special
1938 Ford Deluxe Coupe
1939 Ford Deluxe 2-Door Sedan
1940 Ford Deluxe
1940 Ford Sedan
1941 Ford Super Deluxe Coupe
1941 Mercury Convertible
1946 Lincoln Convertible
1947 Ford Coupe
1950 Pontiac Silver Streak Super 8
1960 Chevy Impala Convertible
1963 Mercury Comet
1963 NSU Prinz 4
1966 Ford Bronco

Edited by mike6024 (see edit history)

Yep, the Prinz copied the Corvair styling.... So did VW with the type 34 Karmann Ghia...😃

• 3 years later...

I once had a 1969? NSU 1200C.  It was small enough to fit between barriers that were intended to exclude automobiles from pedestrian paths.  Small enough to reach out the passenger's side window to unstick the passengers side wiper arm while driving.  

I liked to drive from the passenger's seat while my dog sat in the driver's seat with his head out the window.  

Edited by nat
. (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

Jack M said "He who dies with the most toys wins",  an often used but horribly anti-social, narcissistic phrase (and on far too many car show T shirts). I watched  "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" last night on TCM, and in the end, millionaire Burl Ives as Big Daddy realizes when dying after talking with his alcoholic son (Paul Newman) that all Daddy's wealth, property, and toys, mean nothing if you don't have the love of your family, and had shown love for your family over your lifetime. Let's ditch this phrase forever.

• Like 2