What can I get a car collector wife for Christmas?

nick8086

I suggest an antique car! The jeep looks nice but may be too much work.

I will  be married 38 years this Jan. My wife made it clear a LONG time ago that she had no interest in appliances! Although she is typically not high maintenance at all, hence the 38 years. She puts up with my stupid hobbies. 2 years ago was the first time I got here a really nice present within the last 20 years! We dont exchange amongst ourselves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

To possibly keep it car related but not specific maybe a fancy mascot/radiator cap? they had figures of birds, dogs, cats etc on them and could be highly detailed or art deco. Aren't totally huge ( if it fits cars in the 1934 or earlier era when it was used to be removed to fill the radiator) some were cast in glass - Lalique and Red Ashay. But some car mascots are priced due to being uncommon at mega $. Perhaps  a car vanity set from the rear compartment of a sedan- has mirrors, note book etc. some really beautiful inlaid wood as well some had a clock inserted in them too.

This is if she likes car stuff and the items are more artistic then mechanical.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

I suggest an antique car! 

I agree !

If she truly is “a car collector wife”, just get/give her a collector car she’s always wanted but still doesn’t have in her collection. Perhaps include a card saying that you’ll be always happy to maintain (& wash) it for her.
You’re welcome.

• Like 3

I bought this for my wife, Melanie, on her 40th birthday. It still delights her even 10 years later. That's the gift that keeps on giving.

2021-03-2710_25_59.jpg.f7c775d860db8e044fad5c3d0ac03b16.jpg

I once bought my ex-wife a sink disposal for Christmas, thinking it was an awesome gift. I am not her husband anymore.

• Like 4
  • Haha 9

My local bakery will make you any custom cookie, eclair, or cannoli that you would like…

So, you could make 1959 Caddy Cookies, Kaiser Darrin Eclairs, or whatever you would want to dream of….

I was in there pre - Thanksgiving and they had a whole slew of Taylor Swift cookies…

Yes, they also had Travis Kelce cookies….

So, as long as you’re inventive, you know they will all get gobbled up !!! A nice tray on the coffee table will make them disappear….

12 hours ago, nick8086 said:

We have been to  Tiffany and company..

I was think of this for her car..

Yes I have to get other stuff.. But is it nice to have one..

thumbnail_IMG_0496.jpg

Might

12 hours ago, nick8086 said:

She may like this?

powerwasker.jpg

12 hours ago, Xander Wildeisen said:

I would still be feeling the side effects of a gift like that.

Might she offer her take with respect to the appropriate location where those might be permanently be relocated -

upon or within your person?

• Haha 2

On the other hand, 

there was the Valentines Day when my bride specifically requested:

a "PAIR OF ELEPHANT EARS MIRRORS" for her 2nd hand 1977 Suburban, instead of the little bitty factory ones,

so she could back into parking spaces at the shopping center more easily -

Just love that gal, even more now after 54-1/2 years.

• Like 6

I didn’t buy here another car but I did buy two Studebaker 30-year service pins. They are 10 carat gold, include a tiny ruby at the bottom. We’ll have our 30th anniversary in 2024, so I thought the 30 year ones were appropriate. The jeweler sawed off the large threaded posts on the backs, then drilled the tops for some earring loops.  They will go well with the diamond and ruby rings I have given to her over the years. I just have to keep them secret a few more weeks.

IMG_3573.jpeg.cce875c6d15ad1677afa9e7b7a34dddb.jpeg

• Like 2

I like to get practical gifts, like when I got my wife a bag of new belts for her vacuum cleaner, or the mosquito trap. 

But I suppose that's not old car related. Maybe a 2 seater sports car like a 55-57 T-bird, or maybe a first gen Corvette. Wives love those. 

• Like 1

My Wife asked for a gun (for protection), a chainsaw, some large trash bags and a shovel (all for yard work). She also suggested I increase my life insurance, just in case. 😲

I have a friend that got his Wife a set of new tires for Christmas about 20 years ago. She still bristles up when the subject comes up.

In reality, I, like @TAKerry found a keeper. She'd much rather have something old car related than jewelry, handbags or shoes. She'd rather tour Greenfield Village than go on a cruise. She'd rather hang out at Hershey than go clothes shopping.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

An experience. Take her somewhere she has always wanted to go. 

It's a present, but requires no storage or maintenance. 

Make up a fancy flyer or coupon so there is something to unwrap Christmas morning. 

• Like 3

Every time I read the title of this topic I do a double take as I keep thinking some brave soul started it with 'Where'.

Don't want to hijack the thread, maybe that is a new topic?

Except someone is reading over my shoulder 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, pkhammer said:

My Wife asked for a gun (for protection), a chainsaw, some large trash bags and a shovel (all for yard work). She also suggested I increase my life insurance, just in case. 😲

I have a friend that got his Wife a set of new tires for Christmas about 20 years ago. She still bristles up when the subject comes up.

In reality, I, like @TAKerry found a keeper. She'd much rather have something old car related than jewelry, handbags or shoes. She'd rather tour Greenfield Village than go on a cruise. She'd rather hang out at Hershey than go clothes shopping.

Thats pretty good. Last year my wifes mustang (a car I bought for her patience in me restoring my t/a) needed new tires. I ordered them online. Came home and the house smelled like rubber. She told me the new tires were in my office, she wasnt about to let them sit outside. I got a big kick out that, I know she wouldnt drag a set a tires into the house if they were for my car.

• Haha 3

On 11/28/2023 at 5:15 PM, pkhammer said:

Hallmark car ornament for sale | eBay

• Like 1

Seems  you guys got it all wrong. One year my gift was a Mercedes roadster. She enjoyed the car but she told me it was not very personal.

Next year and those that have followed, I got real personal. Guys you can never go wrong with expensive(not cheap) quality LINGERIE!!!!! you can't get more personal. Every birthday, anniversary, Christmas and any special occasion, for me its the gift that keeps on giving. Try it its the only way to go. 

brasscarguy

• Like 1

On 11/28/2023 at 9:38 PM, Billy Kingsley said:

An experience. Take her somewhere she has always wanted to go. 

It's a present, but requires no storage or maintenance. 

Make up a fancy flyer or coupon so there is something to unwrap Christmas morning. 

I think that is what is going to happen..

I still want the power washer.. Maybe booking the trip on the card.. I can use points to get it..

Air fare is very high.. may have to hold off on a trip.. 

My wife is on Facebook  They are talking about the cost to travel..

It not just a trip to Caribbean islands. It is high just to go to New Mexico..

That is for one person..

IMG_0516.PNG

Looks like she is getting diamonds, Tire gauge, and the funny gift of a Christmas tree air freshener for car..

Not sure on a trip..

Edited by nick8086 (see edit history)

3 hours ago, brasscarguy said:

Next year and those that have followed, I got real personal. Guys you can never go wrong with expensive(not cheap) quality LINGERIE!!!!! you can't get more personal. Every birthday, anniversary, Christmas and any special occasion, for me its the gift that keeps on giving. Try it its the only way to go. 

Nice thought, there, but it might not work after 50 years of marriage.  

image.png.20339d713aa53e0b49b4923c04bccca2.png

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, brasscarguy said:

Seems  you guys got it all wrong. One year my gift was a Mercedes roadster. She enjoyed the car but she told me it was not very personal.

brasscarguy

My wife would rather have a nice heavy full bodied pajama in flannel with a heavy robe to match!  

• Like 3

Every time this thread pops up I start to read it as "WHERE can I get a car collector wife for Christmas?"

Luckily, I already have a great one.  One of our first dates, we were riding in the Pierce phaeton, top down, it started raining.  Pulling to the side of the road, I was trying to tell her how to put the top up from the passenger side.  Almost up, the top wouldn't go the last little bit, I pulled down on my side and she yelled.  Seems her fingers were stuck between irons, luckily no damage.  The important part of that story is that she kept dating me!

• Like 2

On 11/30/2023 at 2:34 AM, nick8086 said:

I think that is what is going to happen..

I still want the power washer.. Maybe booking the trip on the card.. I can use points to get it..

Air fare is very high.. may have to hold off on a trip.. 

My wife is on Facebook  They are talking about the cost to travel..

It not just a trip to Caribbean islands. It is high just to go to New Mexico..

That is for one person..

IMG_0516.PNG

Back in May my brother and I drove from home to Utah and then down to New Mexico and it cost us less than that.