Pierce Arrow Society 2022 Annual Meet.

edinmass

This is my 31st Pierce Arrow annual meet………..it’s ALWAYS a good time. We are touring the Gold Coast of California. More to come……meet starts tonight. Enjoy.

256BFC2B-5067-4FFA-A9FC-A6D37D2CF6E8.jpeg

08DEB5C4-B22D-467F-A469-BA20151A44E5.jpeg

DAB994A0-6CBD-4E9B-ACBD-AC87CDD56923.jpeg

DB35E6BE-5553-41EA-9304-9575A93B284E.jpeg

4265F3B6-3228-403A-A453-FF4A95AF5915.jpeg

F4173AB3-42C6-4009-9CD9-8E15A864FF64.jpeg

7AF47B70-C3F9-4A40-8F16-CC373B0CB530.jpeg

B88B8C0B-9F65-434C-AB8C-188DBC2A761D.jpeg

CC92E725-5E86-4974-983E-611827A13036.jpeg

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 3

I wish I was there.

Unfortunately, my car is not in service at this point.

The guys that are working on it must be there, I see their car in Eds pics.

Edit: Turns out that the guys sent the car there but are at some RR event down in San Diego.

Edited by JACK M (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like a fun time. Im not sure if I read it when I was at San Simeon  or elsewhere but I am thinking that Arthur Lake (Dagwood Bumstead) was a favorite guest of Mr. Hearst. Gotta love Blondie and Dagwood.

Cars look great!!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HarryLime said:

Ed, is that your hotel  ? Some touring you know how to do .

Yup…….time for a swim…..Inside or out? 🤔

30F61861-ED6C-4255-9554-ABF185A10C80.jpeg

9D95001C-017D-4434-9FA9-59AD1A0B8A58.jpeg

8A471D62-76A0-4D20-9EEB-44551170635C.jpeg

26606CDA-9BF2-4609-BEE4-117EFEB5E227.jpeg

470DC0FE-611B-4319-94B6-399007EE95F3.jpeg

B0255822-86A0-402E-803C-99F93752DAD7.jpeg

C47ED359-042F-436F-885D-EA290E25FA6E.jpeg

4775AAE9-3D7C-469B-8F99-96AB7A8BB374.jpeg

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Laughing Coyote said:

Don't forget your Dandy Dave speedo.

Freeballng it today! It’s California after all! 😝

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, wayne sheldon said:

Know any history of this car?

Wish I was there. Have a wonderful time!

No clue….I will ask.

2 hours ago, HarryLime said:

Ed, is that your hotel  ? Some touring you know how to do .

No, not at all.  It is San Simeon, the former house

and grounds belonging to magazine publisher

William Randolph Hearst.  (Maybe you knew that

and were just kidding.  Ed's likely in a Motel 6.)

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, edinmass said:

Freeballng it today! It’s California after all! 😝

You don't get to sit on the leather automobile seats when your all washed up and drippin wet. No way! No how. 😜 Dandy Dave!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, edinmass said:

Just one. 👍

Only had the opportunity to tinker with One so far?

but the week is young ...,

and sometimes getting the chance to work on them,

and become even closer to the other folks in our hobby - is the best part!

I've had the experience of helping others on several tours - in a way, that is a part of what touring is all about-

nobody gets left behind !

Enjoy !!!

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I hate to pick nits, but this year's PAS meet is not in So Cal.

The meet is taking place along the Central Coast of Calif. :P

We drove 140 miles south today……… so that is not the Gold Coast. It’s La La land………… you can tell by all the trash, and the smell of human waste. 

• Haha 3

How many cars attending, overall ?

How many arrived (and planning to return), long distance, under their own power ?

And no, I don't think we want selfies of Ed "freeballing", no matter how liberated it might make him feel.

Edited by TTR (see edit history)

About 40 cars. Not sure on the long distance driver yet……will know Saturday when they announce the long distance award. Ed selfie will arrive soon! 😏

• Like 1

I think we had a picnic with some of my cousins on that beach about forty years ago! Of course I have been to at least twenty different beaches on the California coast between San Francisco and San Diego. That in addition to at one time or another driving every mile of highway 1 between San Francisco and Los Angeles. About a hundred of those miles in antique automobiles at least once!

Love that early 20's ? gray and black roadster with the sidemounts and drum headlights. I know the fender headlights are a PA hallmark , but I have never been totally sold on them. At least a few have conventional headlights should I ever be in a position to make the big move up { both quality and price }  to PA ownership. Any Idea of what that one actually is , year and model, pretty sure it isn't an 80 but I am no PA expert.

39 minutes ago, 1912Staver said:

Love that early 20's ? gray and black roadster with the sidemounts and drum headlights. I know the fender headlights are a PA hallmark , but I have never been totally sold on them. At least a few have conventional headlights should I ever be in a position to make the big move up { both quality and price }  to PA ownership. Any Idea of what that one actually is , year and model, pretty sure it isn't an 80 but I am no PA expert.

The interesting thing to me is that, if Pierce hadn't patented the headlight in the fender feature, other cars may have had them too.  As it was,, other cars HAD to use bracket lights or they'd infringe on the Pierce patent!

I'm prejudiced but I love them, give the car a distinctive look....

• Like 2

I don't necessarily dislike them. And they are distinctive without a doubt. But somehow I seem to prefer PA's with conventional headlights. But more important is the actual body style. Favorites are roadsters and 5 pass. tourings. I know PA is primarily a luxury car builder, and I like looking at any of them. The quality shows up in absolutely every detail.  But if I was ever going to own one , and price was no object , one of the sportier ones would hands down be my choice.

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

Is this the roadster to which you are referring?   1922-'25 Series 33 runabout.   Ed will correct if I'm in error.

'20's Pierce-Arrow 33 runabout - P-A Nat'l '22.jpeg

That's the one . Thanks for the I.D. ! Just the sort of think I could really go for once I get " old and rich ". The old part seems to be happening right on schedule, now if I can only get the rich part to kick in .

Ed, I don't suppose you have one of these kicking around that you can't decide whether to part out or save ?

Edited by 1912Staver (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1912Staver said:

I don't necessarily dislike them. And they are distinctive without a doubt. But somehow I seem to prefer PA's with conventional headlights. But more important is the actual body style. Favorites are roadsters and 5 pass. tourings. I know PA is primarily a luxury car builder, and I like looking at any of them. The quality shows up in absolutely every detail.  But if I was ever going to own one , and price was no object , one of the sportier ones would hands down be my choice.

I agree on the sportier.  I’ve owned eight or so Pierce Arrows, but this is the one I kept. And yes, the driver door is open…

I’m sure the People at the meet are having a great time, it’s a great bunch of people!

C0449FF2-6F9B-4700-9E11-A9049D1548DB.jpeg

Edited by trimacar (see edit history)
  • Like 5